• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Must be talking about another ERA cause you can't be talking about Resetera. Especially after that GTA Transphobia thread.
I missed that thread. I'm not a GTA person at all, so I avoid that discussion. Find those games completely uninteresting. I do want to get into the Red Dead series. But GTA is just yuck lol.

Last edited:

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Brie is terrific. Her performance in Room made a fan for life and she was a highlight of the MCU.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wha? I thought it was the other female comedian in the new whose line that has a gaf account, forgot her name, the one with curly hair. Aisha had one too? Huh.
She opened an account one of the E3 conferences. I vaguely remember posters questioning if she really played games. The usual gatekeeping. But my memory might be wrong about the last part. Not sure if posters questioned her directly.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever there's going to be a Direct with a new Metroid announcement, i need Brie to host it. In Varia powersuit cosplay.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I'm too optimistic but I did not expect some of the responses here. ☠️

Brie Larson is a badass, I always get excited when a celeb is openly into gaming - especially when they know more than just Mario Kart.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
People are way too cynical.

Brie being a total dork about Nintendo stuff is cool. Saw some pretty funny stuff for the past few years so, yeah, neat.

Feb 24, 2018
Brie Larson for Captain Syrup in Wario Land Movie (:

She seems neat, haven't seen her much but I liked her in Captain Marvel.

Nintendo could have her promote their games in Directs given the Doug Bowser tweet, that be good promotion.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ha found that old topic where people thought Nintendo was just paying celebs to play the switch.

www.resetera.com

Celebrities with Nintendo Switches

That Chrissy Teigen reminded me of the thread where we posted all the famous people posting Switch stuff on their social media. I'll start with a few: Chile Football National Team Clint Dempsey Gareth Bale XXXTentacion F.C. Barcelona Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park) Randy Orton...

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
It always amuses me how people are fascinated with the fact that celebrities like regular stuff too.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It always amuses me how people are fascinated with the fact that celebrities like regular stuff too.

Yeah... let me stop you right there, and helpfully point out that people coming into the thread with the sole purpose of cynically talking down to others enjoying it, have a tendency of ending up banned. You may want to find your daily dose of smug superiority elsewhere.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Was this before or after she had been hosting Ubis shows? How could anyone walk away from those and question her on that. Easily some of my favorite e3 shows, what a shame.
Digging back into it (I'll need a shower now), seems like that account wasn't actually her. However, a lot of people there and elsewhere on the internet did indeed question whether she actually played games. This was her response back then.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Wow, totally different vibe in here compared to the Henry Cavill threads.

Thanks for posting, OP. I've never specifically been a "fan" of Brie Larson, though I don't dislike her in any way. However, I may have to watch more of her videos. Her excitement is kind of infectious.

Banned

Nov 10, 2017
that's pretty cool but wait was it 3D land or 3D world? anyway the appreciation is welcome

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, searching her name on YouTube sure helps you find "Gamers" doesn't it? Big yikes right there...

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Yeah I've been following Brie for a while now on Instagram. I'm not super into her movies, she's pretty but not like instamodel pretty, but because it's always wholesome positivity with her, and it's really nice to see a big Hollywood star genuinely geek out over Nintendo and Animal Crossing.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
When her first gaming video comes out, I suggest the topic get a title change. For clarity, and to deter drive-by posting.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah... let me stop you right there, and helpfully point out that people coming into the thread with the sole purpose of cynically talking down to others enjoying it, have a tendency of ending up banned. You may want to find your daily dose of smug superiority elsewhere.
A little bit too sensitive, no? My post wasn't that harmful.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't read previous pages but there are already plenty of dismissive posts towards this thread which looked particularly suspect when you see threads from male actors not receiving as much negative backlash.

My advice would be looking at the bigger picture and understand that recently there has been a lot of shit swirling in the gaming industry with women taking a lot of the abuse and a little bit of positivity can't hurt.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I adore her! She's so charming, funny and seems to have her heart in the right place.

The hot wings interview was great! She has splendid taste as well, giving shout-outs to Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Paper Mario, Enter the Dragon and Scenes from a Marriage.

Love that she's starting a youtube channel! I'll definitely check it out (and she did the Vegan nuggets <3)

KmA

Oct 27, 2017
Wow the comments on her YouTube video make me so sad.... Damn imagine if these gamer gaters and alt righters could mobilize for literally anything else other than hating women and minorities...

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Kind of off-topic but I was reading her life story (very relatable BTW, she grew up poor), and this part had me a bit confused, can a native English speaker explain what they mean with " "it" girl"?