• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I read the comments on her video and immediately regretted that choice. YouTube commenters are definitely asshats.

On subject, it's neat that Brie has started a channel. She does a lot of good things, so I've subbed and am looking forward to seeing the content she brings.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it projecting? Or was it just a statement about what I think of this type of celebrity worship that you felt the need to respond to some impotent bluster, that you're now trying to distance yourself from?

It's not really celebrity worship though is it.

1) She has a voice that is far more influential than either yours or mine could be individually.
2) It's a progressive voice on a platform that is male dominated and frankly has less than favourable views on race or sexuality.

It really doesn't matter, then, what her content is. So long as, like she has promised, it is inclusive and positive and gives a platform to those minorities. So to come in here and write it off as celebrity worship seems to border on, if not full on, being purposefully obtuse.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Huh. It makes it sound like you're talking about animals rather than humans. Where do you work?
Isn't there a popular feminist Twitter account called 'we the females' or something like that?

Anyway, I love when I see the random Nintendo references because here in Brazil Nintendo is so niche that something similar here is almost impossible.

Also she seems like a nice person.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Cool :) she is awesome.
I still get a bit giddy when celebrities talks about gaming. I know gaming is mainstream these days, but still - it warms my heart somehow :)

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can something so innocuous as someone enjoying a video game company cause so much drama? I cannot stand this site.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Nah, she doesn't convince me... If she was a true Nintendo fan she would be outraged by the lack of directs and constantly professing that Nintendo is doomed

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
EbeLG06XQAAgdFf.jpg

The internet is telling me Jocelyn Mettler

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I hope she plays some Animal Crossing. Somehow incels and alt rights will spin this as "Brie Larson unlikeable and can't find another acting role. Is now a Youtuber to steal our views".

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Nah, she doesn't convince me... If she was a true Nintendo fan she would be outraged by the lack of directs and constantly professing that Nintendo is doomed
Nintendo fans NEVER profess that Nintendo is doomed (unless it's tongue in cheek).
Like literally never, they're fairly active in threads where that sentiment is strong though.

Oct 25, 2019
A loooooooot of "subtle" misogyny in this thread.

Love Brie's work, and if she's a decent person then all the better to have someone like her display their love of gaming in a more wholesome manner to a wide audience.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I spelled her name on YouTube rather then click the link here and uhhh. Damn some people really hate her for no good reasons. I didn't even watch those videos the thumbnails are very hateful, really laughable but it's not surprisingly.

I support Brie, she's a good person so I hope she doesn't get affected by the comments on her videos.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Keep collecting the bag honey

SM3DL is a fantastic 3DS game. Always kept the 3D on with that one.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
She looks like a nice gaming partner. I am glad she is having fun. Also... Nerd!!

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a huge Marvel fan but I watched the original Iron man and a couple of the other early ones. I am thinking of giving the series another try but it seems like such a huge task at this point.
Captain Marvel is one of the few MCU movies I've liked. It's very light hearted and funny, and doesn't rely on knowing any of the other movies.

BobbyColtrane

Banned
Apr 23, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Misogyny. Account in junior phase.
Damn I already wanted to RANSACK her and this just makes it worse...

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Someone should get her opinion on Astro Bot. Now admittedly the only time I've played it I was tripping on shrooms for the first time but the way it utilized perspective probably feels like magic either way.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Isn't there a popular feminist Twitter account called 'we the females' or something like that?

*googles*
Uhh...

We the Females
Asserting the rights of biological women

We are a growing group of Canadian women from all walks of life who are deeply worried about the loss of female rights and the medicalization of children resulting from Bill C-16 and Bill 8. These bills put children at risk and sacrifice the rights of females by allowing "self-identification" of gender, which gives any male the right to declare himself a woman and to access women's protected spaces. No physical changes are required!

Write a Letter to the Editor of Your Local Newspaper About Bill C-8 Mainstream media continues to shirk their responsibility to inform the public of what transgender activism is doing to women and children in Canada. Many Canadian parents remain uninformed of the multiple harms to children who transition to the opposite gender.

WTF indeed. Perhaps not the best idea to learn about progressive issues through a bunch of raging TERFs.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i like her. And i like that Hotwings show. My son watches it a lot and now he wants to try spicy things :P
He felt super badass when he ate a hamburger with Tobasco :) .

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Ought to edit the OP to make it about her Youtube channel. Kind of bigger news, burying the lede.
It already features at least as many gaming videos as Jack Black's.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not a celebrity worship kind of guy, but Brie Larson always struck me as being very genuine. That first youtube video was disgustingly charming and wholesome.

Some people are so god damned cynical all of the time. Celebrities are often put on insanely high pedestals, and it's nice to see the few that don't have their heads stuffed far up their asses just being normal, geeky, weird, funny people. Acting is their job. That's all it is. Sure, it's a high profile job, but it's a job nonetheless. They're human beings like everyone else.

Brie Larson gets a really weird amount of hate on the internet, it seems, but from all I've seen of her outside of her movies, she comes off as a pretty chill and down to earth person that's a huge nerd.