• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
Found this on Twitter:

Clearly not just a surface level appreciation, seems like she's really into it. Thought it was cool, as it is still rare for us to get stars, especially female stars, being outspoken about a love for video games.

Lock if old

EDIT: Stay classy folks. If you don't care, that's fine, there are other threads to visit. If you don't want the thread to get derailed, lead by example.

Last edited:

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): low-effort drive-by, recent prior infraction for the same
Me too make a thread about me please

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I believe she is really into Animal Crossing, not sure what other Nintendo stuff she's into.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hot Ones is the interview show she's on and I encourage you to check it out if you want to see decent celeb interviews, the host is really really good.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just my Twitter feed, but you'd be surprised how many non-gaming-related celebrities enjoy video games, especially those in their 20's or early-to-mid 30's

Hot Ones is the interview show she's on and I encourage you to check it out if you want to see decent celeb interviews, the host is really really good.
Seconded. Hot Ones is great

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's just my Twitter feed, but you'd be surprised how many non-gaming-related celebrities enjoy video games, especially those in their 20's or early-to-mid 30's

Seconded. Hot Ones is great
Gaming is pretty mainstream. I always laugh at a subsection of posters that sees gaming as some mega niche thing here.

The level of fandom here is niche, yes. But gaming itself is pretty mainstream.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I fell in love with her the moment she said she wants to play Samus Aran in a Metroid movie.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh she mentioned Paper Mario. Wonder if she's excited for The Origami King or not.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that if Nintendo ever wanted to make a Metroid film, she would be pretty much the perfect casting for it

Gaming is pretty mainstream. I always laugh at a subsection of posters that sees gaming as some mega niche thing here.

The level of fandom here is niche, yes. But gaming itself is pretty mainstream.
Yeah, seriously. I get that it's not super common to see a celeb talk about something like Xenoblade Chronicles or something, but people were still surprised to know that Drake and Travis Scott played Fortnite. Like, yeah, it's pretty common lmao

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The real story here is that Brie loves Paper Mario, and that's all that matters.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, seriously. I get that it's not super common to see a celeb talk about something like Xenoblade Chronicles or something, but people were still surprised to know that Drake and Travis Scott played Fortnite. Like, yeah, it's pretty common lmao
It's ridiculous. You'd think gamers in a forum would be observant, but I guess not lol. Fortnite is mega mainstream.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Came to post this.

Hot Ones always makes me like the guests more.

Yup. It's really very good, so often you can tell the guests come in really stiff and pre-bored of another route product promotion interview and halfway through they are really into it and giving awesome answers and telling stories because Sean is so well prepared and puts so much love into the show.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I had to google her and I'm still not sure who she is. Sorry to hear she has the video game habit though. I've had it all my life and it can be rough.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing though, I think people are usually more surprised to see a celeb mention a more niche series like her with Paper Mario and Metroid, than something like drake playing fortnite. Because that makes them "true gamers" I guess is the thinking behind it or whatever.

OP
OP
Arithmetician

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
That's the thing though, I think people are usually more surprised to see a celeb mention a more niche series like her with Paper Mario and Metroid, than something like drake playing fortnite. Because that makes them "true gamers" I guess is the thinking behind it or whatever.

Yep. Metroid is niche even here on Era, let alone in the general population. Metroid Prime 2 sold less than a million copies I think?