• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I loved her in Short term 12, scott pilgrim and of course captain marvel, any other movies i should watch?

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
God, I really don't get it, man. She seems like a perfectly nice, normal kind of just whatever. Where did this all come from? I feel like there're way more outspoken liberal woman actors out there that have never gotten this concentrated of a dose of the internet hate machine. So odd. Is it seriously just because she's dealing in the sphere of MCU/comic fans? What a world.
It's because before CM all of the MCU movies were predominantly about and for men. She's contributing to an increase of diversity in what has heretofore been a safe space for sad, lonely white men.

I loved her in Short term 12, scott pilgrim and of course captain marvel, any other movies i should watch?
She's amazing in Room, and in Unicorn Store. Both very different movies, showing a lot of range.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being so socially awkward around women that you blame your inability to get laid on a movie. I almost feel sorry for these dudes, but then remember that they are still shitheads.

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
how tf was Carol detrimental when she was barely used in the movie at all lol? she should have had a bit more time in the film if anything

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like seriously.
Hemsworth was obviously joking there when he argued it, but it's not even a question that her character is the strongest in MCU. Everyone knows it, we've seen it and Marvel has made it clear that they intend it to remain that way.
I don't think she is, she is definitely in the top 5 with Stormbreaker Thor, Dr. Srange, Hulk and Scarlet Witch.

I think Dr. Strange is top in the MCU, can alter reality, create portals from anywhere in the multiverse, manipulate time, leave his body and destroy enemies while asleep. Captain Marvel is incredibly broken as well, but most people don't realize how truly OP Dr. Strange is.

I'd put her on par or slightly above Stormbreaker Thor, remember in IW Thor literally absorbed the power of a star. They have a very similar power level with her light speed and his bitfrost power, can both wipe out huge amount of enemies. And
both could compete with full Infinity Gauntlet Thanos

Last edited:

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I searched for Brie Larson on Youtube and spent approximately 5 minutes watching a couple of these videos about her. JFC the shit these manbabies choose to do with their lives.

One video talked smugly about how the petition to remove her and replace her with "a gay person of color to further embrace diversity" was really picking up steam.

Yeah, I bet. The movement.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I don't give a shit about what it squeaks in its day-to-day life. I haven't paid any attention to it. It might be an asshole, or it might be a saint. I truly don't know.

But you can't deny the rat was a detriment to the Endgame plot. The Deus-ex-machina aspect of its character (It happened to walk across the dashboard at just the right time) felt pretty lame. Without it, the Avengers possibly wouldn't have won the battle. Yet it had essentially zero impact on the movie after that point.

I haven't seen the Ratatouille movie, so maybe it's completely explained. If you watch the final Avengers movie in a vacuum, however, like I did, it certainly felt like a loophole in the plot.

As for the hate-memes, it's always funny to see people get so triggered over something so mundane.
I take my movie-plots seriously, though! Its character definitely felt like a cop-out.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's because before CM all of the MCU movies were predominantly about and for men. She's contributing to an increase of diversity in what has heretofore been a safe space for sad, lonely white men.

BP was getting a lot of dumb shit thrown its way, but yea, Brie's the first to be specifically targeted
I don't think she is, she is definitely in the top 5 with Stormbreaker Thor, Dr. Srange, Hulk and Scarlet Witch.

I think Dr. Strange is top in the MCU, can alter reality, create portals from anywhere in the multiverse, manipulate time, leave his body and destroy enemies while asleep. Captain Marvel is incredibly broken as well, but most people don't realize how truly OP Dr. Strange is.

Feige himself said she was

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't give a shit about what she says in her day-to-day life. I haven't paid any attention to her. She might be an asshole, or she might be a saint. I truly don't know.

But you can't deny she was a detriment to the Endgame plot. The Deus-ex-machina aspect of her character (She teleported to the planet from a gazillion planets away, at just the right time) felt pretty lame. Without her, the Avengers possibly wouldn't have won the battle. Yet she had essentially zero impact on the movie until the very last second.

I haven't seen the Captain Marvel movie, so maybe it's completely explained. If you watch the final Avengers movie in a vacuum, however, like I did, she certainly felt like a loophole in the plot.

As for the hate-memes, it's always funny to see people get so triggered over something so mundane.
I take my movie-plots seriously, though! Her character definitely felt like a cop-out.

Oh i sure can deny she was a detriment to endgame. She's used perfectly there and makes sense. I think they resolved her addition perfectly considering the focus was on the 6 original avengers. And her scenes were entertaining and relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BP was getting a lot of dumb shit thrown its way, but yea, Brie's the first to be specifically targeted

Feige himself said she was
Maybe she will become later, but as of right now, from what we have seen in the movies, I still say Dr. Strange is top.

But she is physically the most powerful.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I don't give a shit about what it squeaks in its day-to-day life. I haven't paid any attention to it. It might be an asshole, or it might be a saint. I truly don't know.

But you can't deny the rat was a detriment to the Endgame plot. The Deus-ex-machina aspect of its character (It happened to walk across the dashboard at just the right time) felt pretty lame. Without it, the Avengers possibly wouldn't have won the battle. Yet it had essentially zero impact on the movie after that point.

I haven't seen the Ratatouille movie, so maybe it's completely explained. If you watch the final Avengers movie in a vacuum, however, like I did, it certainly felt like a loophole in the plot.

I take my movie-plots seriously, though! Its character definitely felt like a cop-out.
This is beautiful. Thank you.

You're right. I should have worded that better.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe she will become later, but as of right now, from what we have seen in the movies, I still say Dr. Strange is top.

But she is physically the most powerful.
From what we've seen, Strange couldn't take a 5 stone Thanos with the help of Spidey, Quill, Iron Man, etc.
Carol could go toe to toe with a full gauntlet Thanos. So at the very least she's as powerful as Thor when he doesn't look like melted ice cream.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
mpnDOYH.gif

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From what we've seen, Strange couldn't take a 5 stone Thanos with the help of Spidey, Quill, Iron Man, etc.
Carol could go toe to toe with a full gauntlet Thanos.
He one v one'd for a good while as well, also Carol still lost to Thanos with gauntlet when he used the power stone. He used the other heroes to try an pull it off, but he did just as well against Thanos as Carol

They had to make a massive water tornado to sideline him due to how OP he is

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
He one v one'd for a good while as well, also Carol still lost to Thanos with gauntlet when he used the power stone. He used the other heroes to try an pull it off, but he did just as well against Thanos as Carol

They had to make a massive water tornado to sideline him due to how OP he is
Strange in the movies is powerful but in a different way which I like, he brings in all the troops with his portals at the end instead of just shooting a giant magic laser at Thanos, etc. I wouldn't say Carol lost, she just got blown away long enough for Thanos to attempt another Snap. Either way Carol is the more powerful being in destructive power based on the movies.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strange in the movies is powerful but in a different way which I like, he brings in all the troops with his portals at the end instead of just shooting a giant magic laser at Thanos, etc. I wouldn't say Carol lost, she just got blown away long enough for Thanos to attempt another Snap. Either way Carol is the more powerful being in destructive power based on the movies.
Yeah I guess you can say they are both OP as fuck but in different ways.

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
Brie Larson is cool and all of the YouTube channels and memes are pathetic.

Captain Marvel is boring character though. Superman types never make good stories. Like her other movies though.

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why these people waste their time with her, she has so little screen time that it didn't bother me.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"She is really trying to dominate them," O'Brien says of Larson in the video, which has earned over 400,000 views in a week. "I guess in her mind, domination equals acceptance…In reality, submission will get you a lot further in friendship circles than trying to dominate and boss everyone around."

tumblr_inline_pc16hiYVvl1vmtdfv_250.gif

Papoluca

Banned
Mar 22, 2019
User Warned: Drive-by posting.
Not gonna front. I'm personally not watching Captain Marvel because of her.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
50 millions other threads to discuss Endgame and spoiler, don't turn this thread into one

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that time Thor teleported to Earth and before he even arrived he threw his axe perfectly enough to rescue literally everyone who was in danger. It's almost like last minute saves are a staple of Avengers movies

I guess only men can save the day.

Women characters have to conform to the bird yesterday trope.

Of course, the origin of that meme was about entitlement and simping, but I feel like a lot of nerdy virgin men think being mean to women is the way forward to get respect from women.

That and sending dick pics.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
looked at the "body language expert" website and saw them flouting their appearance on milo's show.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You will keep on seeing many more YouTube videos/articles because the hate machine is strong and people are watching these videos.
It is the perfect example of people crafting their own reality, dispite overwhelming evidence their views are wrong. They rival Flat earthers in being able to spin logic

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
You know what "body language expert" sounds like to me?

giphy.gif

TV series, Lie to Me. Tim Roth has the super power of reading criminal's faces.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't understand why these people waste their time with her, she has so little screen time that it didn't bother me.
She got under their skin. There were a few people booing during our endgame screening when she appeared. It was embarrassingly sad. The usher came and told them to shut the fuck up, lol. They really need to get over it and move on. That's wishful thinking though, I know it won't happen.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This Brie hate is making RedLetterMedia annoying to watch as of late.

Yes, Captain Marvel could have been better. Yes, I think that certain scene in Endgame is a little too on the nose, same with the big battle finale in Captain Marvel with a certain song playing. Yes, while I agree with what Brie was going for in her comments about white reviewers, it came off super awkwardly. But all of these attacks on her person and making her out to be a bad person or a bitch is just obnoxious at this point.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
I'm having a hard time recalling trailers or commercials where the main lead looked less charismatic or interesting than in Captain Marvel.

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
I can't work out her appeal but glad people have a woman hero to care about, so all right. No need to hate because someone's an iffy actor, it's just popcorn entertainment.