• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what his parents are thinking. Do they actually think he can run away or do they now realize hes in over his head and probably killed himself?

if hes dead then the parents are all we have and i imagine a lawyer would encourage them to take it to their graves.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they find her fiance and lock his ass up. Awful way to go.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Was she an only child? It's hard to even imagine what her parents are going through. Easy for me to talk online but if this happened to my kid the only thing that would keep me in line regarding the other parents would be my other kids needing me out of jail.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if people went to the house to protest like a few days ago? I can imagine an angry mob heading back over to the house with this finally out. It's just so angering looking into the whole thing :/

Oct 29, 2017
Every single person, who on behalf of Brian, defended him and his parents decision making, giving them the benefit of the doubt, when common, human decency and sense should have stated otherwise, should be perma banned. I don't want to hear it. I am beyond livid.

That type of behavior should be not only called out, but routed out. We don't want you here.

Fucking agreed.

TeaberryShark

Feb 8, 2019
So assuming he is guilty (which has been a pretty safe bet since the beginning) and he rushed home and told his parents and they aided and abetted his run and kept the knowledge secret from the police, can/will they be charged in some way?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every single person, who on behalf of Brian, defended him and his parents decision making, giving them the benefit of the doubt, when common, human decency and sense should have stated otherwise, should be perma banned. I don't want to hear it. I am beyond livid.

That type of behavior should be not only called out, but routed out. We don't want you here.

Fuck Brian, fuck his parents, and fuck their lawyer. Charge them all.

Its appalling we actually had comments saying they'd give their kids a 2-3 day head start. Like wtf?

May 14, 2021
This result was obvious from the start. All the people saying "but maybe this is what happened" were fooling themselves.
You realize two of those people who said those things were her parents, right? It's ok to have hope that the worst didn't happen, even in the face of unspeakable odds. Deep down everyone knew the unfortunate truth, even her family I imagine. Innocent people don't simply abandon a loved one and then clam up behind a lawyer.

OP
OP
rjinaz

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
If it turns out Brian's family diverted the police, could they be charged with accessory after the fact?
Probably. But they have been very good so far at protecting themselves. They haven't spoken to police without a lawyer yet, even when they reported Brian was missing. They would have to slip up or confess to it most likely unless they can find a way to prove it.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
So assuming he is guilty (which has been a pretty safe bet since the beginning) and he rushed home and told his parents and they aided and abetted his run and kept the knowledge secret from the police, can/will they be charged in some way?

Only if they have some kind of evidence of this, like a text message or something. The fact that it's obvious by just thinking about it wouldn't be enough to bring charges or have a jury convict.

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking awful. With so many eyes on this it's not like Brian can hide easily. It's a matter of time before he turns up, whether his parents were truthful about where he went or not.

Oct 31, 2017
no, that's probably the coroner's van, but it's pretty close to where a youtube couple spotted their van on the side of the road on the 27th

bo0p4w9zoeo71.jpg
bW4dq54.jpg

The tent where they found her body appears to be right across the creek (chopper's looking south)

m5sKnA5.jpeg

Wait, hold up.

There's credible info that the van, when spotted in that Youtube video, was parked not far from where Gabby's body was just discovered? There's a lot of info, so many apologies if this should be easy to figure out, but I'm swamped looking at so much related to this.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Probably. But they have been very good so far at protecting themselves. They haven't spoken to police withotu a lawyer yet. They would have to slip up or confess to it most likely unless they can find a way to prove it.

this really gives me flashbacks to the Kristen smart case and how Paul's family handled things. At least with a body they can progress the case now.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I have unfortunately only been following this story in passing, but how on earth was the male suspect not kept an eye on when her van, with no presence of her, is in his possession? That should have been the red flag to link that and being unable to get into contact with her.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
You realize two of those people who said those things were her parents, right? It's ok to have hope that the worst didn't happen, even in the face of unspeakable odds. Deep down everyone knew the unfortunate truth, even her family I imagine. Innocent people don't simply abandon a loved one and then clam up behind a lawyer.
While you're right, pretty sure they're talking about people on this forum.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
If it's a state charge it's hardly even worth going after the parents for accessory after the fact, it's a slap on the wrist for family members. But I'm confused where all the charges are going to come from.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Occurred to me that we started discussing this case last Tuesday. Dude also disappeared last Tuesday. He must've bailed when the news cycle picked it up and it gathered steam

Oct 27, 2017
Checked the threadmarks but does anyone know why yet? Was it a moment of anger, or something far more sinister/premeditated? Did the guy show signs or have a history of some kind

Nothing official yet. If I were to speculate I believe it was most likely a moment of rage,they got into a verbal argument that turned physical and he most likely strangled her in a fit of rage.

OP
OP
rjinaz

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Wait, hold up.

There's credible info that the van, when spotted in that Youtube video, was parked not far from where Gabby's body was just discovered? There's a lot of info, so many apologies if this should be easy to figure out, but I'm swamped looking at so much related to this.
I can't get a confirmation as to how close this was, but yes, the van was caught on camera on August 27th parked near there and was likely the reason why the police were searching in this area.

I have heard 3 miles, I have heard a lot closer. But it was relatively close regardless.
Maybe somebody else can confirm the distance.

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User threadbanned: hostility, ignoring staff post
All the cowards who defended this guy and implored everyone to give him and his parents the benefit of the doubt in lieu of showing common sense and human decency, you are clearly wrong and need to own up to the bullshit you spouted. Get in here and explain yourselves, and show the qualities you clearly lacked during this whole thing.

I don't care if this gets me in trouble I am so mad right now. I feel awful for Gabby's family and may she herself find peace, where ever she is.

OP
OP
rjinaz

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Occurred to me that we started discussing this case last Tuesday. Dude also disappeared last Tuesday. He must've bailed when the news cycle picked it up and it gathered steam
Seems likely. The media have been at his house since Tuesday evening. Appparently though he was already gone before they got there because they never laid eyes on him and missed when he left for a hike that day (according to the liar parents)

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
All the cowards who defended this guy and implored everyone to give him and his parents the benefit of the doubt in lieu of showing common sense and human decency, you are clearly wrong and need to own up to the bullshit you spouted. Get in here and explain yourselves, and show the qualities you clearly lacked during this whole thing.

I don't care if this gets me in trouble I am so mad right now.

there were people defending the obvious murderer.
Defense for everything is what I learned

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
User threadbanned: ignoring staff post, continuing metacommentary derailment

I don't care if this gets me in trouble I am so mad right now. I feel awful for Gabby's family and may she herself find peace, where ever she is.
I got called a keyboard warrior and told to fuck off because I said any parent that defends and hides a murderer is scum.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Its very sad this happened, even worse that she stayed with him knowing he was not mentally stable judging from her friend's comments. She deserved better, most women do. I really hope we learn what exactly happened here soon

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would think Obstruction of Justice would apply. Federal Statute covers many areas from covering up evidence when not even asked to provide evidence to hindering investigations with false information etc.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a state charge it's hardly even worth going after the parents for accessory after the fact, it's a slap on the wrist for family members. But I'm confused where all the charges are going to come from.
if the car isn't in his name and he did some criminal acts across state lines on federal property couldn't it be federal?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
sad shit. feel for her fam that all this is international news and your grief is on display like this.

wonder if we ever find out what happened or if he's even alive at this point.

cowardly shit regardless.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
If it happened on federal property, could be tried in a federal court?
if the car isn't in his name and he did some criminal acts across state lines on federal property couldn't it be federal?

Well it sounds like the murder charge could but I'm uncertain if that would apply to events that happened after the fact in Florida. I have no idea and don't want to give the impression that I have any expertise here.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
They will find him if he hasn't killed himself in a very obscure and hard to reach place.

I don't think people realize how hard it is to run and hide somewhere far away without being seen. It's 90% suicide if there are no eyewitness tips in the coming week.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Not asking in a snarky way, but is there a reason why this is getting so much attention compared to other murder/missing persons stories?

Oct 27, 2017
Her parents holding out hope that their daughter is still alive is a bit different than hypothesizing on a forum that she dumped her boyfriend for some other dude, overdosed, or fell off a cliff doing a photo stunt. Anything to deny the abundantly obvious and give Brian a completely unearned benefit of the doubt.

May 14, 2021
While you're right, pretty sure they're talking about people on this forum.
I don't think it's a problem if people here want to believe the best too. I admit I was unsure after the police cam video because I could definitely see her leaving him after finding out he was telling her she wasn't capable of doing a travel vlog. But no matter how much I wanted her to be alive, it always came back to him getting a lawyer and refusing to even talk to her family. Not the actions of an innocent man.

Oct 25, 2017
User threadbanned: hostility, ignoring staff post
RIP Gabby.

And fuck everyone who turned off their brains and defended Brian like any of the nonsense they were spouting made any sense.

Congrats on your free fucking defense of a murderer. Be sure to list that as a proud life accomplishment.

Oct 25, 2017
My daughter is a couple years younger than Gabby, and all I can think about is the people that loved and cared about Gabby. I don't know how devastated I'd be if I lost my daughter in this way.

The worst part is people not treating this as real people and real lives that are affected.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This result was obvious from the start. All the people saying "but maybe this is what happened" were fooling themselves.
Honestly this whole thing is far from over and like…talking about people from now two locked threads is a recipe to get this thread locked so let's not do that please. I don't want to follow this case on Twitter i want to follow it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.