• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Putting aside the scenarios where he murdered her or that she didn't want to be found and is still alive, it's possible that she committed suicide and he panicked and fled, afraid that he would be charged as the murderer. If I had to go with one scenario, it would be that he killed her. Watching that one video where the police pulled them over, I perceived hints of domestic physical or psychological abuse.

OP
OP
rjinaz

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Putting aside the scenarios where he murdered her or that she didn't want to be found and is still alive, It's possible that she committed suicide and he panicked and fled, afraid that he would be charged as the murderer. If I had to go with one scenario, it would be that he killed her. Watching that one video where the police pulled them over, I perceived hints of domestic physical or psychological abuse.
It's possible. But again, he has a lawyer. The last thing a lawyer would do is tell him to flee if he is actually innocent, they'd be building a defense for him. I feel like once he fled, that theory became pretty unlikely. He's hiding for a reason. Likely because he knows he's screwed.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Putting aside the scenarios where he murdered her or that she didn't want to be found and is still alive, it's possible that she committed suicide and he panicked and fled, afraid that he would be charged as the murderer. If I had to go with one scenario, it would be that he killed her. Watching that one video where the police pulled them over, I perceived hints of domestic physical or psychological abuse.
If your loved one committed suicide, why wouldn't you immediately report it and be distraught? Even if I was worried it could come back on me, I couldn't will myself to just not tell the family or say anything.

May 14, 2021
Guess the claims of him not owning a phone from the last topic were a lie, Shocking.
Just watched that video again. He never says he doesn't own a phone. He said he didn't have a phone at the moment she was hitting him and he was asking her to go for a walk one direction while he goes a different one. He said he kept the keys because he feared she'd leave without him and he didn't have a phone with him at the time.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017

Check out the interview with Rose Davis, Gabby's BFF. She knows the couple better than anyone, and the relationship was already rocky before they left for their trip. Paints a better picture on Brian and his trust issues. I believe her 100%.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Having read the links in the OP I'm just puzzled about how the police did nothing when he showed up alone? According to the CNN piece the last message her family got from her is from August 30th. He shows up alone last week and no one is doing anything until his parents call him missing after 3 days?

amphteamints

Aug 21, 2018
Unfortunately, Milwaukee
lol why would he get the death penalty?
depraved indifference + first degree intentional (most likely), if not a capital murder charge given the publicity

if dude showed up to a precinct he could have knocked that down to maybe a manslaughter-ish charge or at worst second degree homicide

keep in mind, i am not a lawyer, but one of my best buds is a defense attorney and he kind of walked me through how this should have gone down vs how it is currently going down

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible. But again, he has a lawyer. The last thing a lawyer would do is tell him to flee if he is actually innocent, they'd be building a defense for him. I feel like once he fled, that theory became pretty unlikely. He's hiding for a reason. Likely because he knows he's screwed.
If he's innocent (a big if), it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to get away from news media, people rubbernecking at his house, etc. Just wanting to get away and have a bit of peace would make sense to me.

Like I said, a big if, though, at at this rate.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Check out the interview with Rose Davis, Gabby's BFF. She knows the couple better than anyone, and the relationship was already rocky before they left for their trip. Paints a better picture on Brian and his trust issues. I believe her 100%.

Yeah. That information lined up with the police encounter that I watched. When she was crying and trying to make excuses to the cop, it was obvious something was going on between Brian and Gabby.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the chances are that they find him alive pretty easily and he all of the sudden is completely insane like he had a psychotic break? 🤔

OP
OP
rjinaz

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
If he's innocent (a big if), it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to get away from news media, people rubbernecking at his house, etc. Just wanting to get away and have a bit of peace would make sense to me.

Like I said, a big if, though, at at this rate.
Sure, but why didn't tell his parents? Didn't take his car? Didn't take much of anything but a backpack (according to his parents so who knows the truth they are likely lying). Before all this blew up, right when he apparently took off so Tuesday, he could have just gotten into his car and drove away. It's true we really don't know why Brian keeps doing the things he does but yeah, it's likely the simplest explanation is the right one, he's guilty and he's hiding.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The inevitable Lifetime Movie about all this is going to be so fucking cringe, by which I mean more than the usual cringe those movies are...

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
depraved indifference + first degree intentional (most likely), if not a capital murder charge given the publicity

if dude showed up to a precinct he could have knocked that down to maybe a manslaughter-ish charge or at worst second degree homicide

keep in mind, i am not a lawyer, but one of my best buds is a defense attorney and he kind of walked me through how this should have gone down vs how it is currently going down

Capital murder is reserved for very specific circumstances, such as murdering a police officer, acts of terrorism, deaths in the commission of other serious crimes, killing a witness to prevent from testifying, etc. None of that applies here. We don't even know the circumstances of her presumed death yet.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Capital murder is reserved for very specific circumstances, such as murdering a police officer, acts of terrorism, deaths in the commission of other serious crimes, killing a witness to prevent from testifying, etc. None of that applies here.

Wouldn't kidnapping (IF that's what happened during...whatever the fuck happened) also fall under that commission of another serious crime?

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe nothing, but I think speculating about the pun they'll use for the movie made about this while the person at the center of it has yet to be found is not the most sensitive thing to be doing.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched that video again. He never says he doesn't own a phone. He said he didn't have a phone at the moment she was hitting him and he was asking her to go for a walk one direction while he goes a different one. He said he kept the keys because he feared she'd leave without him and he didn't have a phone with him at the time.
Yeah and people were jumping over themselves to prove how a travel blogger would operate with no cell.

amphteamints

Aug 21, 2018
Unfortunately, Milwaukee
Capital murder is reserved for very specific circumstances, such as murdering a police officer, acts of terrorism, deaths in the commission of other serious crimes, killing a witness to prevent from testifying, etc. None of that applies here.
oops

The term "capital murder" is used in only eight U.S. states; however, 29 states and United States federal government currently allow capital punishment,[SUP][4][/SUP] and each has its own terminology for an offense punishable by death. In most states, the term "First-Degree Murder" is used; others may use the term "Aggravated Murder" (such as New York, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, and Virginia (since 2021)), and some use simply "Murder". The seven states that use the term "Capital Murder" are Alabama, Arkansas, California, Kansas, Mississippi, New Hampshire, and Texas. The state of Georgia uses the term "Malice Murder".

Not all offenses are parallel between the states. In some, first-degree murder is a very broad term defined by a number of circumstances, only a few of which make a defendant eligible for execution. In other jurisdictions, an offense carrying the death penalty is strictly defined and is separate from other, similar crimes.

Although legal definitions vary, capital murder in the United States usually means murder involving one or more of the following factors:

• The victim is a police officer, firefighter, paramedic or similar public safety professional and was killed while on duty
  • The victim is killed during the commission of another violent felony, such as armed robbery, kidnapping, arson, etc. (felony murder)
  • The victim is tortured, raped or sexually assaulted, particularly if the victim is a child
  • Multiple murders are committed pursuant to one another[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
  • Murder-for-hire[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
  • Terrorism[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
  • The victim is murdered based on race, national origin, and other associated groups[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
Some states may include other factors which amount to capital murder or its legal equivalent.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

I'm going to say that "jealous and controlling" + "hearing voices" is a pretty dangerous combination.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
With respect to both of you, we don't know what laws apply to murder charges because we don't know what state would have jurisdiction in the event of murder charges.

There have been a lot of bad legal takes in both threads (not you guys specifically). I'd caution everyone about what they infer from the facts they know about the story. The story will change a lot before it ever reaches a conclusion, if it reaches a conclusion at all.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Thread has been locked while we review a large number of reports. This may take an extended period of time. Should we decide to reopen this thread or give any other updates this post will be edited with the additional information. Thank you for your patience.

Edit: thread unlocked

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
rjinaz

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Ok we're back.

Thank you admins for not leaving this locked.

Let's behave y'all.

Still conflicting information about access to the phones. It seems like steps have been taken to get the information but it's a process that will take time.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I really appreciate the mods opening this back up as these threads have been great sources of information.

y'all. Please get it together.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any merit to the story with the tiktoker that hitchhiked with him?

As it is a major national park and Colter Bay has been developed to provide services for campers and tourists I hope there are cameras and they could try and see if he is on video getting into the TikToker's jeep

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Is there any merit to the story with the tiktoker that hitchhiked with him?
Too early to say, but I've yet to see anyone provide any concrete reasoning as to why she would be mistaken or lying (beyond the general idea of clout chasing, which hopefully isn't the case). She's already talked with the authorities about it apparently. I'd take it with a grain of salt for now, but we won't know until other evidence is found that can corroborate her claims and/or a timeline for that day.

OP
OP
rjinaz

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Glad the thread was opened back up so we can get updates and follow any new info, etc.
Yeah, so far people have been good about sharing verified information through verified sources. Unlike what happened a few hours ago. Somebody on social media, mayeb Reddit, said they heard there was a body discovered on a police scanner. Before long Reddit, twitter, tiktok, you name it, all had people talking about how a body was found. It was spreading so fast the police themselves had to address it

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
They sound like parents.

If you look back a few pages then you'd know I made a thread months ago on this topic and over half of the people in the thread agreed they would not turn in a family member. Hell, in about 14 states you can't even prosecute parents for harboring their children who are fugitives and more states that reduce liability if they do. Even the law recognizes that parents aren't expected to turn in their children.

I can take the dogpile, I'm just being honest. I'm not turning in any child I might have unless they are an active danger to the community like the unabomber. I may be disgusted with them, I may tell them I never want to see them again but I'm not calling the police.

But Ted was based anyways

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
So the story from the parents is that he left in a car to go hiking on Tuesday. On Wednesday they went to the park and found his car and decided to drive it back to their place, then wait until Friday and file a missing person report.

They're either the worst parents ever or fully invested in covering for him.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Yeah, so far people have been good about sharing verified information through verified sources. Unlike what happened a few hours ago. Somebody on social media, mayeb Reddit, said they heard there was a body discovered on a police scanner. Before long Reddit, twitter, tiktok, you name it, all had people talking about how a body was found. It was spreading so fast the police themselves had to address it

How awful for her family.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I want him to be alive.

I want him to face the repercussions for whatever he did.
I want him alive, too. Partly for repercussions, but mostly because without him, the chances of finding Gabby plummet exponentially.
Same. Even if she's dead, he needs to answer for whatever happened. And I'd rather her parents get closure instead of spending years freaking out about how they never found out what happened.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
So the story from the parents is that he left in a car to go hiking on Tuesday. On Wednesday they went to the park and found his car and decided to drive it back to their place, then wait until Friday and file a missing person report.

IMO the hike is just a ruse. Someone else picked him up from there and drove him away, and the parents waited to report him "missing" and pointed out the hiking spot to buy more time by getting the police to conduct a gigantic wild goose chase.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017

The parents have been suspect since ignoring the desperate texts from Gabby's parents. This is only solidifying a theory that they know what BL did and are trying to cover for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.