• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Wow thats totally not sus at all. I was watching a bit of the footage from when the cops came to break the two up and he seem cool, calm and collected and I was getting Chris Watts vibes from watching that for some reason. I am not an expert so maybe I am just overthinking it. I would wait for JCS and there is another Youtube Channel called Live Abuse(I think). She has talked about several people like Watts and that pedo youtuber that chris hanson was after.

Also his parents are disgusting. They gave him a good head start to hide and that is just shitty. I doubt he got on a plane though. You need a passport and the FBI would be easily able to see where he went. They have probably already checked to see if he fled the country. Now getting to Mexico might be easier but I doubt he is that smart. Also he isnt getting a charter plane out of the States. Or a private flight. Not to be mean but the parents dont really look like they are swimming in money.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be so angry if this guy just ends up killing himself. I can't fucking believe the cops were not following him. It's like the cops are giving him such a goddamn easy time here.

Unrivaled

Banned
Oct 13, 2020
I'm shocked the police were not following him.

With everything we knew it seemed like he was guilty the whole time. The crazy thing is he could have made some story up about how she abandoned him or they split up. But instead he chose to lawyer up, stay silent and run.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
User Banned (Permanent): Ableist meme, drive-by trolling in a sensitive thread, numerous previous severe bans for trolling and drive-bys.
How did they not have him on surveillance?

504d3623-48ab-45af-bbcd-1f71f8fe58d7_text.gif

Jun 10, 2018
A couple of things:

The cops are certainly incompetent as fuck for not having Brian under 24/7 watch, but I wouldn't read too much into them saying he's not charged with anything as that's a tactic cops utilize to keep potential suspects or knowledgeable people open to divulging information. Case in point: Chris Watts wasn't officially charged with the disappearance of his family until after interrogators worked the whereabouts of their bodies out of him.

Also too law enforcement tends to not divulge details to the public since hearing certain tips/information let's them know they're on the right track.

Secondly, and quite sadly, Petito's body likely won't be found until months, if not years from now unless Brian starts talking. Unless investigators can construct a more pinpoint search grid via eyewitnesses and surveillance footage, the coverage map is just too large for her to be found quickly.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
That interview with Gabby's best friend Rose Davis is real eye-opening, she says Brian was controlling and they often had arguments bad enough to where Gabby would have to stay at her house. He took her ID so she couldn't join her friends at the bar and stuff. And he hears voices.

It's on a banned source so can't link but here are some quotes:

This is pretty damning to me. I mean, on top of what we already know.

This gives an entirely different context to the body cam footage as well. It confirms a cycle of abuse between them and that he seemed to be the integrator of most of it. I think it was mentioned in the previous thread that they both had mental health issues/concerns? I wanna make sure I'm not misremembering that. I know Gabby said she had OCD but it was unclear what problems Brian had. This... Just doesn't sound good at all though...

Gabby had a good best friend, she told her how she saw it and saw through this guy's possessive bullshit. Heartbreaking situation all around.

Last edited:

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
This is probably going to end up being huge to the case, if nothing else it gives searchers a good idea where to look.

Also interesting is that Gabby's Step-Father (or Father?) is a First Responder and is currently searching this general area himself.

Absolutely. It definitely helps narrow it down to where she potentially was within those last few days before he was back in FL.

Didn't know her Father or Step-Father was there. Can't imagine how hard it is to be out there looking for your missing daughter, but I know if it was me it would be even more difficult sitting around doing nothing if I could assist with the search.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure all the cops are pretty sure he killed her. It's just probably a pain in the ass getting shit set up with so little evidence right now. Even if in the end they deem there's not enough evidence to bring it to a trial and never charge him even then I'm sure everyone working the case is working on the assumption it's him.

And I'll be honest, and as unpopular a sentiment it may be, I 100% support placing the obvious, logical suspect under surveillance and investigating them regardless of what evidence they have at the time against them, however, if they really never get anything I'm actually "ok" with people being found not guilty or not having charges brought against them. I don't think the statement "it's never a good idea to talk to the police" should be a thing but I also don't think we should be convicting people with no evidence so I think the fact you can find juries out there that will convict you based on nothing is kinda messed up. I hope they find something tangible and can send this bastard to jail, or the real assailant if this is some oddbal 0.01 case where he's actually somehow innocent and just acts like a guilty piece of shit, but I'm not really on board with sending to someone to prison with what little we have now.

Oct 27, 2017
Look just because he didn't report her missing, lawyered up, didn't talk to the police, and has fled doesn't mean he's guilty. It's very important to me in this missing woman's case to to defend her suspicious fiance's rights.

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
When was the last time that Brian was seen in public?

is it possible that he's actually been 'missing' since before Tuesday?

All we really know is that someone drove the van back.

I think that there may be a few more twists in this unfortunately.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure all the cops are pretty sure he killed her. It's just probably a pain in the ass getting shit set up with so little evidence right now. Even if in the end they deem there's not enough evidence to bring it to a trial and never charge him even then I'm sure everyone working the case is working on the assumption it's him.

And I'll be honest, and as unpopular a sentiment it may be, I 100% support placing the obvious, logical suspect under surveillance and investigating them regardless of what evidence they have at the time against them, however, if they really never get anything I'm actually "ok" with people being found not guilty or not having charges brought against them. I don't think the statement "it's never a good idea to talk to the police" should be a thing but I also don't think we should be convicting people with no evidence so I think the fact you can find juries out there that will convict you based on nothing is kinda messed up. I hope they find something tangible and can send this bastard to jail, or the real assailant if this is some oddbal 0.01 case where he's actually somehow innocent and just acts like a guilty piece of shit, but I'm not really on board with sending to someone to prison with what little we have now.
I think people mistake that video for saying "never talk to the police" when its really about "talk to a lawyer and invoke your 6th amendment rights if its a serious crime otherwise you could be put in a bad situation a defense lawyer could have avoided"

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I'm from Sarasota County and I have a small
piece of land in North Port so I know the area somewhat well. You don't have to travel that far east before you get into the pine scrub woods. If he has some decent outdoorsman skills he could make it for a number of days in there. He is also within a few miles of the Charlotte County line so he could have already left the jurisdiction of Sarasota County Sheriff/North Port PD within a few hours of when he left the family's house. There is the Myakka River flowing through North Port and Port Charlotte which empties into Charlotte Bay which he could have used to get away by boat. Finally there are a couple airports that he probably could have made it to on foot overnight or sometime the next day if he was walking and before they started looking so he could have already flown out of the state.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
So trying to keep up with everything here, he fled the home at some point in the last what 24 hours or before then? Do his parents know anything?

Everything about this is so weird, he seems guilty though if you ask me.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Look just because he didn't report her missing, lawyered up, didn't talk to the police, and has fled doesn't mean he's guilty. It's very important to me in this missing woman's case to to defend her suspicious fiance's rights.
I think our justice system should give people less rights at the beginning but follow through with the idea during trial that shit's legit beyond the shadow of doubt. Of course our system being what it is I can't will my idealistic system into place but, you can't really decry innocent people being jailed and then turn around and support trials with basically no evidence. Just like I can't bemoan people being thrown into jail for domestic violence and shit opposed to counseling but that comes with the fact that some people not locked up are going to continue to do bad shit. I can't design an actual perfect system.

I do hope that they're using whatever resources behind the scenes with this guy, maybe have already asked for phone records and all the shot one usually does in an investigation so, hopefully, while it seems like they're not moving on him hopefully they are.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time that Brian was seen in public?

is it possible that he's actually been 'missing' since before Tuesday?

All we really know is that someone drove the van back.

I think that there may be a few more twists in this unfortunately.

Since his attorney never mentioned him missing until today, I believe he drove the van to his parents house.

This picture is floating around which does look like him, and it's from today from behind his house. It's too blurry to be sure, but damn it's close.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
So trying to keep up with everything here, he fled the home at some point in the last what 24 hours or before then? Do his parents know anything?

Everything about this is so weird, he seems guilty though if you ask me.
His parents claim they last saw him Tuesday, and waited until today to officially file a missing persons report for him.

So the past few days when everybody wanted him to talk he was supposedly missing.

The police seemingly lied yesterday when they publicly stated they knew exactly where he was.

Unless I'm mistaken. Nobody has actually seen him since the vehicle made it back to Florida. So if his parents aren't telling the truth about Tuesday he could have been gone much longer.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
His parents claim they last saw him Tuesday, and waited until today to officially file a missing persons report for him.

So the past few days when everybody wanted him to talk he was supposedly missing.

The police seemingly lied yesterday when they publicly stated they knew exactly where he was.

Unless I'm mistaken. Nobody has actually seen him since the vehicle made it back to Florida. So if his parents aren't telling the truth about Tuesday he could have been gone much longer.
Yeah the parents have very likely given him a head start, very scummy.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since his attorney never mentioned him missing until today, I believe he drove the van to his parents house.

This picture is floating around which does look like him, and it's from today from behind his house. It's too blurry to be sure, but damn it's close.

Very similar, you don't see a lot of guys that slim with that build and gait.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Don't jump to conclusions guys... I'm sure he's just gone to the hardware store to buy some plastic sheeting and shovels.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017

Shaved his head, hit the gym, and lawyered up. What's his era's username?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
There was a story about how the dude put Gabby's stuff in a storage unit with his dad. Maybe he was hiding in there for the last week before fleeing, or some shit?

Yes, he is the only real victim in this after all. After all, how can we talk about another victim if there isn't one to be found? That's the logic espoused in that other thread. Weirdos.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, this is a bad take. I would not defend my child if he did something like this. Parents have turned their kids in before. I'd listen to his story and tell him to talk to the police, that's it's the best chance he has, but I wouldn't stall for him or ignore her family. They sound like a bunch of sociopaths.

They sound like parents.

I know you've already been dogpiled on, but I have to say, this is such a vile thing to say and think. No matter what? Really, no matter what? I'm hoping you just didn't think as you posted that because the implications to such a statement is disgustingly dangerous. Not just in this context of a potential murder cover up, but every man who commits murder, rape, etc. has parents. Christ Almighty.

If you look back a few pages then you'd know I made a thread months ago on this topic and over half of the people in the thread agreed they would not turn in a family member. Hell, in about 14 states you can't even prosecute parents for harboring their children who are fugitives and more states that reduce liability if they do. Even the law recognizes that parents aren't expected to turn in their children.

I can take the dogpile, I'm just being honest. I'm not turning in any child I might have unless they are an active danger to the community like the unabomber. I may be disgusted with them, I may tell them I never want to see them again but I'm not calling the police.

Last edited:

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, this is a bad take. I would not defend my child if he did something like this. Parents have turned their kids in before. I'd listen to his story and tell him to talk to the police, that's it's the best chance he has, but I wouldn't stall for him or ignore her family. They sound like a bunch of sociopaths.
Oh, come on. I'm happy for you that you've got this perfectly planned out and are immune to any other considerations, but the bad take here is you presuming that parents won't act like parents most of the time. Most reasonable legal systems don't even have the expectation of parents to be able to turn their children in, because in the end of the day, that's just human behavior. A child being a sociopath doesn't turn their family into one, in most cases they're also victims of circumstance.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'm from Sarasota County and I have a small
piece of land in North Port so I know the area somewhat well. You don't have to travel that far east before you get into the pine scrub woods. If he has some decent outdoorsman skills he could make it for a number of days in there. He is also within a few miles of the Charlotte County line so he could have already left the jurisdiction of Sarasota County Sheriff/North Port PD within a few hours of when he left the family's house. There is the Myakka River flowing through North Port and Port Charlotte which empties into Charlotte Bay which he could have used to get away by boat. Finally there are a couple airports that he probably could have made it to on foot overnight or sometime the next day if he was walking and before they started looking so he could have already flown out of the state.
could you just hop on a plane like that when the FBI is looking for you?

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017

No need to say sorry, its an awful fucking take that does nothing but contribute to the sad, sorry state of US society, and humanity in general. Imagine failing so much as a parent that only only does your own offspring commit heinous crime(s) you go out of your own way to say 'Yeah, won't turn them in'. One of the main points of being a fucking adult is acting like one, owning up to personal failures and those of who you raised is bloody well part of it.

The the poster in question goes on to say that short of their child being a godamn terrorist, and 'active' one at that whatever the fuck that means, they wouldn't turn them in. Hmmm yes, being a multiple time murderer, sexual abuser or rapist is all ok. What an abject immoral stance to take.

Before anyone mouths off with 'wEll wHat woUld YouuUUu do!!1!! hmmmMMmm' yes, if any of my kids did shit like this and killed someone in cold blood told me, yes I would testify or turn them in.

Did I fuckin' stutter??

We aint talking about a godamn parking ticket or a speeding fine for going 1mph over the limit.

Anyway, been following this for a while. I have zero issue with lawyering up no matter if you are guilty or not, and yes you must never speak to the police without representation, but it's gone wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond that, and I 100% whatever stance the family lawyer is taking with this dude, is harming whatever they are trying to show or prove. At this point the alarm bells are going off and this dude looks guilty AF.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, come on. I'm happy for you that you've got this perfectly planned out and are immune to any other considerations, but the bad take here is you presuming that parents won't act like parents most of the time. Most reasonable legal systems don't even have the expectation of parents to be able to turn their children in, because in the end of the day, that's just human behavior. A child being a sociopath doesn't turn their family into one, in most cases they're also victims of circumstance.
Victims my ass. His family are withholding info and have been for days so they can fuck off into the sun along with their defense force. Fuck Brian and fuck his cowardly family. The girls still missing how about we focus on her and her family instead of making excuses for those making sure she stays missing

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
They sound like parents.

If you look back a few pages then you'd know I made a thread months ago on this topic and over half of the people in the thread agreed they would not turn in a family member. Hell, in about 14 states you can't even prosecute parents for harboring their children who are fugitives and more states that reduce liability if they do. Even the law recognizes that parents aren't expected to turn in their children.

I can take the dogpile, I'm just being honest. I'm not turning in any child I might have unless they are an active danger to the community like the unabomber. I may be disgusted with them, I may tell them I never want to see them again but I'm not calling the police.
You wouldn't turn your kid in if they raped somebody? Killed somebody drunk driving?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Theres a lot of shitty people in the world who are selfish. That's nothing new

This is truly disgusting if you even remotely think about what you're saying. Thank God for the ignore button.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
The whole family protecting them thing.

Like if my kid is involved in a street fight and one of them ends up dying, okay I guess. If he's at 7/11 and stops a robbery by killing the person okay. If he kills someone defending some elses life, sure I'll go to the mattresses for them.

If their girlfriend goes missing and the aren't saying shit about it especially AFTER fucking leaving her and not reporting her missing... nah. You are helping the police help that girl and her family. Jesus fucking christ.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The whole family protecting them thing.

Like if my kid is involved in a street fight and one of them ends up dying, okay I guess. If he's at 7/11 and stops a robbery by killing the person okay. If he kills someone defending some elses life, sure I'll go to the mattresses for them.

If their girlfriend goes missing and the aren't saying shit about it especially AFTER fucking leaving her and not reporting her missing... nah. You are helping the police help that girl and her family. Jesus fucking christ.
Yes.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
This dude probably gonna off himself at some point and there will be unanswered questions for years.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Wow thats totally not sus at all. I was watching a bit of the footage from when the cops came to break the two up and he seem cool, calm and collected and I was getting Chris Watts vibes from watching that for some reason. I am not an expert so maybe I am just overthinking it. I would wait for JCS and there is another Youtube Channel called Live Abuse(I think). She has talked about several people like Watts and that pedo youtuber that chris hanson was after.

Also his parents are disgusting. They gave him a good head start to hide and that is just shitty. I doubt he got on a plane though. You need a passport and the FBI would be easily able to see where he went. They have probably already checked to see if he fled the country. Now getting to Mexico might be easier but I doubt he is that smart. Also he isnt getting a charter plane out of the States. Or a private flight. Not to be mean but the parents dont really look like they are swimming in money.
He was not cool calm or collected at all, he reminded me of friends that just made the situation worse when cops are searching your car. Nervous and talking too much. Jittery as a mf

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
They sound like parents.

I think because this kid isn't our kid it's real easy to say fuck him.

if my kid did something paternal protective instincts would kick in and I certainly would not be thinking rationally at all. Eventually that fog would lift and I would end up in jail because i would be in too deep before rationale thoughts hit me.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
User threadbanned: hostility
They sound like parents.

You're an absolute fucking dickhead and I don't care if I get banned for pointing out the obvious.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
I think because this kid isn't our kid it's real easy to say fuck him.

if my kid did something paternal protective instincts would kick in and I certainly would not be thinking rationally at all. Eventually that fog would lift and I would end up in jail because i would be in too deep before rationale thoughts hit me.

I totally agree. It's easy to come on here and say you would do the right thing and turn him in, but if I ever found myself in that position I can't really say how I'd respond because those parental instincts are strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.