• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

There were some wondering about the scale of the game and its age rating, so I guess this is as much of a confirmation as we will get for now to both of the answers.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
People were wondering if it would be a "full length game"? Wat else would they expect? This to be some mini game or something?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
They are saying all the right things.

6bcf8315e1de022894d303fdd2e23873.gif

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love me some comic book games, but come on. A guy drinking alcohol and kicking ass in a bar is considered mature? I hate what people associate with mature nowadays.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
It would be cool if they did that regenerating damage system from the last Wolverine game. That looked really cool.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So wait, are there three teams? I thought Miles was the Spider-Man team, and then there's the Ratchet team.
Insomniac arent really separated for teams as I believe the structure is fluid, but leadership wise, you have project leads for Miles Morales (and now Wolverine), leads for Spiderman and Spiderman 2, leads for Ratchet & Clank and now they are also hiring leads for a Multi Player project as well.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mature tone doesn't necessarily mean blood and gore. So, until it's confirmed I'll still remain iffy on the game.

Smashed_Hulk

Jun 16, 2018
How would anyone think it would was NOT a full length game? It's not like MM which uses the spiderman world. There's no choice other than a full, brand new game.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I figured it was going to be a full game but I did wonder if they were gonna try that rated T for Teen shit. Good to see they're not

Smashed_Hulk

Jun 16, 2018
How would anyone think it was NOT a full length game? It's not like MM which uses the spiderman world. There's no wolverine game before this, so there's no choice other than a full, brand new game.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Insomniac arent really separated for teams as I believe the structure is fluid, but leadership wise, you have project leads for Miles Morales (and now Wolverine), leads for Spiderman and Spiderman 2, leads for Ratchet & Clank and now they are also hiring leads for a Multi Player project as well.
They do have 2 studio locations

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
So far, everything I read about this project points to the right direction.
Hype!

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
So wait, are there three teams? I thought Miles was the Spider-Man team, and then there's the Ratchet team.

Much of the development team that brought you Marvel's Spider-Man is returning to produce Marvel's Spider-Man 2, including Bryan Intihar (creative director) and Ryan Smith (game director).

Marvel's Wolverine is a standalone game being directed by Brian Horton (creative director) and Cameron Christian (game director), who recently led the creative efforts on Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, a game we're extremely proud of at Insomniac.

From the PS Blog

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
Yeah, this. If anything, I'm more concerned now by the word tone.
I mean, it's not as if they can decide this early in what the ESRB will rate the game as. What is under their control is the tone they strive for and they've confirmed it's "mature". No reason for concern at all at this point

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Why was it needed to reassure people the game would be indeed full size ? Anyway, having mature tone is par for the course with Wolverine, he's a character that's more than a century old of course his sorry won't be yet another teenage power fantasy. I really hope the game will tackle the loneliness of being practically immortal.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
User banned (2 weeks): Baiting other members over sensitive topics. Recently banned for comparing members to fascists over how often they shower

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Why was it needed to reassure people the game would be indeed full size ? Anyway, having mature tone is par for the course with Wolverine, he's a character that's more than a century old of course his sorry won't be yet another teenage power fantasy. I really hope the game will tackle the loneliness of being practically immortal.
I am sure they will
Even though Marvel's Wolverine is very early in development, from what I've seen of its emotional narrative and cutting-edge gameplay (see what I did there?), the team is already creating something truly special.
blog.playstation.com

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and Marvel’s Wolverine revealed

Veteran developer Insomniac Games creating two new titles for PlayStation 5 consoles.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And this and the Spider-Man games are the same universe? Wonder if we'll get a collaboration DLC.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
I figured it was going to be a full game but I did wonder if they were gonna try that rated T for Teen shit. Good to see they're not
The average console gamer is like 30 and a mature rating is a selling point and has no limiting capacity in distribution and very little in terms of access.

It's weird to me how people treat videogames and the T rating like it's the movies, it's nothing alike.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I think there's 3, though possibly 4 as we don't know if the VR team is still around. The Spidey PS4 team went straight to Spidey 2, Miles team to Wolverine and R&C team we don't know. The teams are probably pretty small on their own though I would assume and then just grow as most move over as development picks up, Spidey 2 probably has most of the studio on it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't ever really worried it wouldn't be a full length game. Really curious what they do with the combat/gameplay design. Pure speculation but I wouldn't at all be surprised if this is much closer to TLOU (in terms of structure) than the open world Spiderman.