• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

(Also including an AP News link) here

A lot of people remember him from his role in "Tommy Boy," but he also won several awards over his 40+ year career. One of my favorite roles of his was in the Law & Order SVU episode "Scheherezade." I'm a huge sucker for episodes that revolve around father issues, and his performance was fantastic in it.

RIP Brian.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He could get a good look at T-Bone by sticking his head up a butcher's ass but he'd rather take the bull's word for it... oh wait.

RIP Big Tom :(

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know him from Tommy Boy. He really set the tone for that entire movie. Great actor -- RIP.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I associate him more with Cocoon. He was the energetic charismatic but silver fox old
alien
leading the recovery effort.

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
RIP

i've been listening to the soundtrack for The Belly of An Architect a lot recently while i WFH

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
fuuuuuuck

MV5BMTUxMjg3MTAwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDgzNjExNA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1479,1000_AL_.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing actor, but I could have sworn he died not long after Tommy Boy.

RIP

Oct 28, 2017
At first I confused him with Brian Cox and then Anthony Zerbie. I think I heard Deneheys name more often than I saw him in film.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Damn. :( I remember him most from the F/X movies which my mom and I liked watching back in the day. Also saw him in a performance of Death of a Salesman a couple times around 20 years ago. He was a good actor. RIP.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dennehy is one of those actors I constantly saw in shit as a kid. That movie where he played the clown serial killer is still terrifying to me. R.I.P

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude won a Best Actor Tony for Death of a Salesman, but the articles surrounding his death mostly focus on the 15 minutes that he was in Tommy Boy. He wasn't the star and he didn't have any really memorable lines so it's strange that that role was his major cultural touchstone.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He was great in the F/X movies, so charming. Actually he would have been a great Sully if they were making an Uncharted movie back then.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Aw, that sucks, always loved seeing him in stuff.

Most recently he was Elizabeth Keen's Grandpa in Blacklist. He was a great grumpy old Russian in that show, haha.

RIP