• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
lfJBzhC.jpg

We're at a point where I can't be happy about any news because I know things will just keep getting worse.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
She's still better than Boris fucking Johnson, so if he's the alternative: please stay, Theresa.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather a general election than her leaving in all honesty.

At least that gives the opportunity of someone who isn't awful getting in/a reshuffle of parliament.

Who would be the least worse option at this stage?

Oct 25, 2017

At least that gives the opportunity of someone who isn't awful getting in/a reshuffle of parliament.

Not sure there is a least worse. Boris, or another brexiteer type, will certainly alienate pro-european Tory MPs. Boris less so since he's perhaps the only one with clout to get those MPs to sit down and shut up, but I'm certain change UK might see a couple new members.

But if it's someone more in Theresa's mould, I can't see how they can manage with the fanaticism of the ERG on their doorstep.

Does a new leader actually solve any problems? Asides from the fish-brained electorate falling for 'shiny new thing' syndrome. Bet we'll be hearing austerity is over again that's for sure.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Well, at least the GE wheels will now spin that much faster. Any chance of it not happening died with May. The Tory agenda is dead on the rocks so they need to have a GE before long so the fucked agenda can start up again. Remember they have NO working majority in parliament. They can have TWO new leaders, the maths don't change.

Oh and not too worried about no deal, sure the fuckers will but on thier political brave face but as soon as they have a cavalcade of advisers and civil servants breifing that a no deal will kill the union dead and introduce direct rule in NI, watch the then PM shit their pants and go for a GE. NO one, absolutely no one wants to be the leader that starts another civil war between NI and Ireland. Without a workable plan no deal is no good at all. A no deal will destroy the Tories for a generation, a bit like how lab has been out of gov for almost a decade now.

My bet is on Boris or Raab.

Boris is a buffoon, a sly, cunning one, but a buffoon. He'll have a snake pit of advisers saying sweet nothings to him just to balloon his ego whilst cashing in and leaving him to fight a fucked GE campaign.

Raab is just a un charismatic psycho, that can't hack it.

Last edited:

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
imagine the UK led by BoJo at the same time the US is being led by Trump. Disaster

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Man. People went from thinking that May would be the next margaret thacther to thinking that she's one of the worst PM's in UK's political history. I was not shocked when she formed a minority government after the 2017 election.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
She's going to go down as perhaps the worst prime minister. Theresa's done nothing but fail at the one objective she tried to pursue, whereas at least all of the others had some achievements to their name despite some major fuckups.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017

There will have to be a GE in the very near future after she leaves, Boris will push for a no deal Brexit and that was not what he campaigned for in either the Leave campaign or the last GE. There is no mandate for it.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
She was a disaster, obviously. Though she wasn't the one that triggered these events and it's unlikely her successor will be any better.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of having her leave. Explain it to me, UK users, because I don't think things will get better anytime soon just by putting random Boris there. And we all know a no-deal Brexit is coming anyway.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
What's the point of having her leave. Explain it to me, UK users, because I don't think things will get better anytime soon just by putting random Boris there. And we all know a no-deal Brexit is coming anyway.

The point is that the Tory party membership hate May's Brexit policy and Boris offers one that will satisfy them and unify the party. From day one the concept of Brexit has been about party unity for the Tories. A Boris-led No Deal policy will nip any challenge from the Brexit Party in the bud. Tories only think about the party, not the country.

Of course it will also virtually guarantee a general election which is a massive risk for them as they may once again fail to achieve a majority capable of implementing Brexit, or may even lose power altogether.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. Don't go. Come ba-... ah well, bye Felicia.

In all seriousness, there is no good alternative other than a General Election at this point. All the dipshits lining up to take her place are beyond dangerous. We're fucked. Fuck the Tories.

OP
OP
Garfield

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Democracy hey, we are about to have 100k people choose the next PM for 65 million people.

Oct 27, 2017
To think, we would be 4 hellish years into Ed Miliband's coalition of chaos right now. Thankfully England voted for a strong and stable government.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
There will have to be a GE in the very near future after she leaves, Boris will push for a no deal Brexit and that was not what he campaigned for in either the Leave campaign or the last GE. There is no mandate for it.
I still fully believe if it's BoJo then he will do a more extreme version of May's running the clock down, this time explicitly so we get a No Deal "by accident" in October. We're pissing Europe off now, especially France, and all it will take is for him to announce some kind of attempt to renegotiate a new deal, play for time and then No Deal is still the default, in spite of parliament voting against a No Deal, it is still the default and it's the aim of many on the right to see that happen. They will pin the blame on France, what a fall guy for them to stir up their base..

It's gonna be grim, but the silver lining will be Scotland holding a referendum and fucking off away from this shambles. We have a mandate to hold one until 2021, good luck on anyone trying to genuinely block it.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I still fully believe if it's BoJo then he will do a more extreme version of May's running the clock down, this time explicitly so we get a No Deal "by accident" in October. We're pissing Europe off now, especially France, and all it will take is for him to announce some kind of attempt to renegotiate a new deal, play for time and then No Deal is still the default, in spite of parliament voting against a No Deal, it is still the default and it's the aim of many on the right to see that happen. They will pin the blame on France, what a fall guy for them to stir up their base..

It's gonna be grim, but the silver lining will be Scotland holding a referendum and fucking off away from this shambles. We have a mandate to hold one until 2021, good luck on anyone trying to genuinely block it.
You're way too optimistic. The majority here loves moaning about the shit caused by not being independent but is also incredibly against independence.

Oct 27, 2017
If its a hard brexit then its Wales and England left in the Union within a decade. I can't see it holding together under a brexit recession with tensions as high as they are now.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
It won't happen (although how many times have we all said that in recent years) but imagine if Chris Grayling became PM.

Blimey.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Jesus christ I haven't been following it all that closely recently but is Boris fucking Johnson really the most likely to take over after she resigns?!
Surely SURELY!!!!!!!!!!!! they have someone else :/

I lived in London under his reign and he is such an embarrassment.... As someone who can't stand May I'd MUCH rather she remaining in power if it meant he didn't get in.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Privatise aspects and sell those lucrative contracts to one of their race to the bottom focussed friends. Fun fun fun!
The US wants access to the NHS in any trade deal and Tories like privatisation. Look at US Healthcare, NHS is already gutted by privatisation wasting money. Politicians will be happy to sell out for a back hander from US interests.

Well that sounds great. But if NHS is already gutted what difference would it make if the US enters the arena?

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2nd worst PM in my time after war criminal Blair.

But the shit that is to come after her is going to be terrible too. Especially if it's Boris or Rees-Mog.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather have her stay actually. The alternatives are worse.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there going to be a general election or is it just going to be a Tory election?

Not well versed in UK political system.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
2nd worst PM in my time after war criminal Blair.

But the shit that is to come after her is going to be terrible too. Especially if it's Boris or Rees-Mog.
Cameron was worse, he actually enacted the terrible austerity that caused this and set the referendum up.

I'm sure may could be even worse if she was competent enough to enact Tory policy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.