• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
So the EU are still trying to help May out.

The threat of her deal or no deal is ideal for her.

Only problem is the ERG will openly embrace it.

So May will tell the opposition leaders to vote for her deal or else.

They need to call their bluff. Vote against.

The EU will go "oh fuck". The fudge will come out.

Varoufakis and co will be watching this and laughing heartily.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Deal still won't pass. ERG lunatics will make sure of that, now that they have their precious no deal 9 days away. It's going to force May to go cross party.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why on Earth the opposition parties would bail May out. Why share responsibility for a bad deal purely to save her ass? It's an obscene gamble on her part. I still have a reasonable degree of faith in the opposition parties and even the Labour front bench. I don't see it passing without a capitulation on the part of the ERG/DUP.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pretty disappointing that the EU would make an extension conditional on May's deal. I get why but it's not great.

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be disgusted with both the EU and May if May forces the other parties to accept the deal via the above discussed ultimatum by the EU.

Don't know where that leaves Scotland, if we are made to leave the EU like this. I'm as hardcore Scottish Independence as you can get, but this will only further turn the screw.

Just absolutely insane that her deal, one that everyone agrees is a huge piece of shit, is gonna be forced through at the last minute.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
pretty disappointing that the EU would make an extension conditional on May's deal. I get why but it's not great.
I'll be disgusted with both the EU and May if May forces the other parties to accept the deal via the above discussed ultimatum by the EU.

Don't know where that leaves Scotland, if we are made to leave the EU like this. I'm as hardcore Scottish Independence as you can get, but this will only further turn the screw.

Just absolutely insane that her deal, one that everyone agrees is a huge piece of shit, is gonna be forced through at the last minute.
It's 100% clear now that revocation is not feasible (nor desirable, given the state of the British politics), so it really needs to be May's Deal or No Deal. So between those two, the EU will favour the less damaging one.

It's a tragedy, but there's no better outcome.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
So the EU are still trying to help May out.

The threat of her deal or no deal is ideal for her.

Only problem is the ERG will openly embrace it.

So May will tell the opposition leaders to vote for her deal or else.

They need to call their bluff. Vote against.

The EU will go "oh fuck". The fudge will come out.

Varoufakis and co will be watching this and laughing heartily.
This is essentially what it all comes down to.

LMAO. Busted!

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why on Earth the opposition parties would bail May out. Why share responsibility for a bad deal purely to save her ass? It's an obscene gamble on her part.
And of the EU too.

It's been shown she can't deliver but they continue to bash their heads at the same wall as May.

We could all probably write May's statement at 8pm

Will if the people, the deal or no deal, chaos under Corbyn, blame parliament for this, this is the time to back the deal etc etc.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
It's 100% clear now that revocation is not feasible (nor desirable, given the state of the British politics), so it really needs to be May's Deal or No Deal. So between those two, the EU will favour the less damaging one.

I totally understand and do not resent the EU's conclusion.

Still heartbreaking for me as an ardent remainer. Particularly since it means May's disgraceful and incredibly obvious stalling tactics have worked and she gets her victory. Hope she chokes on it.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

we can revoke A50 and it's very much still an option. Hilary Benn just said as much in parliament and so did the SNP MP who I don't know.

MPs have actually already voted that no deal can't happen under any circumstances so if it really did come down to it I think we'd revoke it but that's the very last option.

Oct 25, 2017
If Labour are dallying with voting for the deal after today they better have a high fucking price.

Thing is I can't imagine May offering anything of substance, she's whipping round both the brexiteers and the opposition this evening to find the lowest price with opposite threats.

If this does lead to no deal it'll hurt Labour as well as the Tories though, and they'll be thinking of that. Dunno how this ends at all

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Sky news just said they spoke to labour MPs saying tusk convinced them to vote for the deal.

So it begins.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
I don't see why on Earth the opposition parties would bail May out. Why share responsibility for a bad deal purely to save her ass? It's an obscene gamble on her part.

Because it will be a binary option of May's deal or a no deal exit with days. There won't be any other possibilities. They will be forced into accepting her shitty deal or being responsible for a catastrophe.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018

Because letting the house you are in burn just because you can blame your evil twin brother for it is a bit fucking stupid ?
Also because it's not a bad deal, it's not even a deal at all, it just the WA, it's not bad, it's the best you could have (unless you live in the land of unicorns and fairies).

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I totally understand and do not resent the EU's conclusion.

Still heartbreaking for me as an ardent remainer. Particularly since it means May's disgraceful and incredibly obvious stalling tactics have worked and she gets her victory. Hope she chokes on it.
Yeah indeed. :/

We all knew what she was doing, and lets face it, so did the opposition parties in parliament. It's just there wasn't much that could be done about it. The worst part is, she knew that.

Sigh.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't catch her name but this labour MP on sky sounds like MV3 is gonna pass.

Edit:

It was Lisa Nundi.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
we can revoke A50 and it's very much still an option. Hilary Benn just said as much in parliament and so did the SNP MP who I don't know.

MPs have actually already voted that no deal can't happen under any circumstances so if it really did come down to it I think we'd revoke it but that's the very last option.
It's possible. Like it'd be possible for bikini clad Cara Buono to step into my office with the intentions of a peccant.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think Theresa May not be the master tactician the Daily Mail said she was.

5UceTiR.png

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Both parties are splitting up after this. I just hope TIG aren't the new party cus I hate Umana
I mean this is only the beginning.

Wait until MPs realize that they have to follow EU rules without a say during the transition phase.

But nothing has changed since the last time he spoke about this. May said my deal or long delay. What has changed other than the EU agreeing with her?

He's a politician what he says in his comfortable chair won't matter once he is about to become responsible for hitting an economic downturn as hard as 2008.

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is only the beginning.

Wait until MPs realize that they have to follow EU rules without a say during the transition phase.
Tories will split to the semi normal remainers and the crazy people like the ERG. Labour will split from the remainers and the Corbinites. It going to be great fun

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Why?

It'll get voted down by the No Deal ultras.

This is EU brinkmanship and they're continuing to try to help May because? Answers on a postcard.
If Tusk persuaded Labour MPs to vote Yes on May's deal plus the prospect of a long delay that might be enough to get her deal passed. Question is does Bercow allow it again and what can change his mind

Status
Not open for further replies.