• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
May can't whip her own mps. She's a dead women walking. Has there ever been a prime minister with such little authority.

She's a complete joke.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So May has completely lost control of her own party and also voted explicitly for No Deal

What kind of timeline are we living in?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
This is actual fucking treachery, and it proves what everyone suspected about TM's approach to these votes.

I need a drink.

Edit: wasnt this promised to be a free vote when it was first proposed?

She was very clear that it was important and free. Until the amendments passed and they changed their minds

It's fucking treachery if the shittiest kind. I'm surprised there aren't rules against it as May herself and the leader of the party stated it would be a free vote

Plum

May 31, 2018
May's political career right now:

0bd0ed742059cd7f4c83882095aeb3752e45dfbfv2_hq.jpg

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
An extension is not inevitable. Why... why... do people talk about this like the UK can definitely get one?

Why?

Edit: With Corbyn talking in the background, I've just realized how much like he sounds like John Oliver.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Here it is, a Gov no longer in control...the House is now running buisness and still May stays in power....crazy

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
An extension is not inevitable. Why... why... do people talk about this like the UK can definitely get one?

Why?

A no deal Brexit fucks over more than just the UK, especially Ireland, so I imagine the EU would be willing to allow one. Though it might not be easy convincing some people.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
A no deal Brexit fucks over more than just the UK, especially Ireland, so I imagine the EU would be willing to allow one. Though it might not be easy convincing some people.
They'll expect a reason for it. Three, four, five votes on May's deal isn't that reason.

Corbyn needs to pipe down; nothing unites Tories like Jez wading in to take charge.

I disagree. I'm no fan of Corbyn, but that speech seemed to go across pretty well on both sides of the divide.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Time for another vote of no confidence me thinks.

I dislike TM as much as the next person - but without an election what's the alternative government that can be formed outside of some theoretical grand coalition of Lab+SNP+TIG+PC and Green with a sprinkling of new Tory defectors?

AKA unicorn territory. I wouldn't be surprised if Corbyn thinks now is the time to try it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.