• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
The EU has nothing to fear from no deal.. If it happens, the UK will be back begging for a (worse) deal within a couple of months.. They have no reason to renegotiate anything.

They won't go begging for a worse deal, if it comes to it they will take us out with nothing but WTO terms to run on.

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
I can't even believe how fucked we all are. I've been raging at Labour for the past 24 hours for failing to stand up for EU immigrants but as always the Tories are 10x worse. Those fucking useless "rebels" can get in the fucking sea.

The rebels all voted for Cooper and Grieve. Labour MPs voted with govt and/or abstained. You're shouting at the wrong people.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so the only things that parliament can agree on are:

1. We do not want no deal.
2. Yes, we would like some magical unicorns.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
If the UK's intentions for the *future partnership* were to evolve, the EU would be prepared to reconsider its offer and adjust the content and the level of ambition of the political declaration, whilst respecting its established principles.
That means nothing re: the withdrawl agreement though does it?

Deleted member 33082

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
That means nothing re: the withdrawl agreement though does it?
Of course, MPs and people that think the UK can just agree on a Norway/customs union solution and everything is solved are just as delusional as the Brexiters.
That would be negotiated after March and it will take years. After the withdrawal agreement has been ratified, without changes.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's not a shock that the Cooper amendment failed as May did just enough to keep the last chance MPs on side, it's a war of attrition but I can't see there being many more chances for another final statement and deal debate.

It's shocking how many MPs have their heads in the sand still.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
It was pointless amendment to vote for, they might as well have voted to win the lottery tomorrow night, it makes fuck all difference

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Labour MPs that voted with the government.

Ian Austin, Kevin Barron, Ronnie Campbell, Rosie Cooper, Jim Fitzpatrick, Caroline Flint, Roger Godsiff, Stephan Hepburn, Kate Hoey, John Mann, Dennis Skinner, Laura Smith, Gareth Snell, Graham Stringer.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Considering the EU are keeping the door closed unless the red lines are removed, couldn't May just bring her 2nd vote forward, why do we have to wait two weeks? Is she really going to hop on a plane and stand in Brussels like a fucking lemon, maybe grab a croissant and return to the UK? Fucking hell. The vote should be this week!

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I really hope the EU does buckle.

Lol they fucking won't. Why would they. Britain owns the bullet they made for themselves.

Even if they don't, it will not be the end of the world like some people are peddling, there'll be some big short term pain i'm sure but in the long run things will even out.

giphy.gif

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Jesus, Boris does my nut in, he still thinks he can bend the EU over, if the UK pull that off then I give the EU a year before it collapses under the weight of every government trying it on.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Right, I've finally worked it out. The only rational explanation for this clusterfuck. May is orchestrating this perpetual returning to Europe to attempt to negotiate for things that we already know aren't available because she's almost got enough air miles for a one way trip to somewhere sunny with no extradition treaty with the UK...

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
The only people saying "there will be some short term pain but it'll be ok" are people who won't be affected by the short term pain and thus have no fucking idea what that actually entails.

Puroresu_kid

Oct 28, 2017
How many times does it need to be said that the reason the EU is saying no to opening negotiations on the backstop is not on a point of principle but because they believe no backstop would risk a breach of the GFA.

Stop with this farce thinking the EU are going to back down to help the British government.

The EU are not going to sell out Ireland for Britain.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
User warned: Trolling across multiple posts
The only people saying "there will be some short term pain but it'll be ok" are people who won't be affected by the short term pain and thus have no fucking idea what that actually entails.

Oh we'll all be affected one way or another, but some of us are not as dramatic as others, the truth is that until it happens no-one has the first idea of what it is going to pan out like, everything so far is theoretical, unless you've travelled to the future

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I have a feeling that people that scream WTO Brexit are some fucks in rural England who can't add 2+2. I just saw some lunatics saying that UK should build a bridge between Scotland and NI with $39 billion.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Oh we'll all be affected one way or another, but some of us are not as dramatic as others, the truth is that until it happens no-one has the first idea of what it is going to pan out like, everything so far is theoretical, unless you've travelled to the future
EvErYtHiNg Is ThEoReTiCaL UnLeSs YoU'vE TrAvElLeD tO tHe FuTuRe!1!1!1!oNe!

Status
Not open for further replies.