• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We've exceeded the 20K post limit by quite some margin, it's time to seek an extension to OT2.

theaface are you up for making it?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So a customs union, where we'd have some input into trade deals negotiated by the EU, with aligned rights? Sounds awfully like being in the EU - except no veto, no actual meaningful voting rights other than 'a say' and probably less investment from the EU and a higher annual subscription fee?

And we'd probably need to keep FoM for that.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I really am just shocked that it has come to this. I really thought Theresa May would relent on something at this point but she is so stubborn and arrogant. I feel so bad for UK Era.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've exceeded the 20K post limit by quite some margin, it's time to seek an extension to OT2.

Oh boyyyyyy. Here we go!

Quantum Brexit: Are we in or are we out?

Aside from raising the quality of life, freedom of movement across 28 countries that allows you to live wherever you like, investing billions into our economy and generally making life better for us - What have the European Union ever done for us?

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
I propose a hard thread-xit. Anyone who has posted in this thread will have to reapply to post in OT2 via a strict, merit-based application system

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just remember that Macron is trying to play to a populist audience back home.
Literally no one cares at home about Macron's position on Brexit. The issues that are tearing the country apart are 100% internal.
Also, no one cares in France about the UK if they don't have a job reason to care about it. For most people, Brexit is that joke about the cat asking to get out.

I really think Macron is saying openly what he things about the issue, because he knows there's no consequence.
Well, he sucks at doing any effort anywhere actually, even to people he should be polite with, so maybe that's just who he is (the fucking twerp).

Oct 27, 2017

I thought the 20,000 post limit in the old place was due to software/server issues. Is it still a problem here.

Anyway, I refuse to make a smooth and orderly exit from this thread unless the new thread passes my six tests.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
This is not what the will of the people voted for.

Thank you for your correspondence.

I would like to reiterate my desire to deliver on OT2 as we organise an orderly exit from OT1. ResetEra members want us to get on with the job and I remain steadfast in my commitment to fulfilling my promise to them.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the 20,000 post limit in the old place was due to software/server issues. Is it still a problem here.

Anyway, I refuse to make a smooth and orderly exit from this thread unless the new thread passes my six tests.

I would like to invite you to cross-party talks whereby I ignore everything you say and just keep re-affirming my desire of an orderly exit to OT2.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you for your correspondence.

I would like to reiterate my desire to deliver on OT2 as we organise an orderly exit from OT1. ResetEra members want us to get on with the job and I remain steadfast in my commitment to fulfilling my promise to them.
This is not acceptable. I will put forward a amendment to delay the creation of a new OT until the end of the year for us to find a proper agreement on OT2.

If you don't delay OT2 i will put in the letters to call a vote of no confidence on you.

Oct 25, 2017
Listen, we should believe in this thread and all of it's posters in their ability to flourish under any circumstances. Hard Threxit, and we aren't paying any ad money to those elitist mods on our way out either!

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

I refuse to leave this thread. :p

LY8ppLA.gif

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
This is not acceptable. I will put forward a amendment to delay the creation of a new OT until the end of the year for us to find a proper agreement on OT2.

If you don't delay OT2 i will put in the letters to call a vote of no confidence on you.

Now is not the time for in-fighting. We need to get on with the job of delivering OT2 and building a forum that works for everyone.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Now is not the time for in-fighting. We need to get on with the job of delivering OT2 and building a forum that works for everyone.
After my previous reservations i'm willing to vote for OT2 because it guarantees that we'll have a thread.

We can tear OT2 up later and return to this OT.

No you can't. - pgz

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do believe it is necessary that we elect a new Original Poster, who can unite BritERA as we move forward into this new arrangement.
Once again, a moderator is electing to take Remainers and Leavers alike out of OT1 although the majority of this house have voted against such measures.

I ask the chief Admin, will you or will you not allow for a people's vote on whether we should remain on OT1

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Are you proposing a VoNC in theaface ?
I'm against this.
After my previous reservations i'm willing to vote for OT2 because it guarantees that we'll have a thread.

We can tear OT2 up later and return to this OT.

No you can't. - pgz
And this
A confirmatory vote of the type of OT2 we want to have happening after we pass the OT1 Withdrawal Agreement would get my backing.
And this
Once again, a moderator is electing to take Remainers and Leavers alike out of OT1 although the majority of this house have voted against such measures.

I ask the chief Admin, will you or will you not allow for a people's vote on whether we should remain on OT1
And this
I am not a proposing a VoNC, merely that we require a new Original Poster, and an election must be called.
And this

Status
Not open for further replies.