• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
btw, I am in the office today but I will be reading the thread. I looked back at the claims list and the only people alive who have claimed at this point are nin, and Swamped (coolest claimed). Frankly, neither of those claims are completely reliable since one was the first post of the game and the other is Coolest. I'm going off of Malus's post #3,851, so if there are claims after that I apologize but I don't remember them.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Cause Chugger is gone. Chugger was a lot of noise about me, I understand if scum nin followed that.

Why do you say Chugger was noise? He had posts with clear reads, he wasn't lying about his claim either. What is the noise bit?

I'M SO SORRY GORLAK omg I kept checking resetera on my phone and it kept coming up as under maintenance. I'm finally at my desktop though!

I was in a chat with Gorlak.

I don't really like Zeke's reaction to the chat thing though. It feels like he's trying to be pushy just for the sake of it. I don't know what he would have done with that info if Gorlak had said earlier who his scum partner was.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
To seem town? 99% of a scum player's job is to look like town.

Lol, whoops, that was meant to say "as scum you are trying to not die".
I disagree with you btw. If somebody does that in general it doesn't seem town to me. If you think somebody is suspicious you vote him and you don't keep somebody around because you are afraid to die.

That said; I think it's too obvious for scum this time, seeing how he had himself convinced to vote there anyways.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you say Chugger was noise? He had posts with clear reads, he wasn't lying about his claim either. What is the noise bit?

I'M SO SORRY GORLAK omg I kept checking resetera on my phone and it kept coming up as under maintenance. I'm finally at my desktop though!

I don't really like Zeke's reaction to the chat thing though. It feels like he's trying to be pushy just for the sake of it. I don't know what he would have done with that info if Gorlak had said earlier who his scum chat partner was.

Errr chat partner not scum partner lol. I'd like to think Gorlak is town.

Oct 27, 2017
After the above, iso-ing Z-Beat, coupled with turmoil's town flip and the circumstances of his cs vote, I lean town on him now. I'd like for more input on him though. Especially you Swamped

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017

I don't really like Zeke's reaction to the chat thing though. It feels like he's trying to be pushy just for the sake of it. I don't know what he would have done with that info if Gorlak had said earlier who his scum partner was.

Noise bit was the amount of times he said he wanted to lynch me. Chugger had good posts, I agree. But it was just about the amount of times he dropped my name that I'm not surprised Nin picked up on it.
Day is still young off course, but I'm hearing my name a lot less now, and as lead example for that I've falled on the nin lynch order.

Also good you are here, I had the same problem as you.
What do you think of Gorlak?

Oct 27, 2017
Weird mistake by swamped above.

Doesn't affect my read on her though. At first she seemed to feel me out and see if I could get lynched. But she came back and we discussed some more. As of now I have no reason to disbelieve her. I town read her.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
EzekelRAGE stop creating noise. There is nothing more to discuss about the night chat. I decided that I want the person to come forward and I'm being stubborn about it now. And after that there is still nothing to talk about, because it's pointless speculation.

Tell me what do you think about Z-Beat.
Noise? Who else used that? Oh yea.....This is why I want the melon flip. I feel you and her just had a fake spat just to keep up appearances. Especially with all your "I'll be dead 2mrw" talk. The last trap/gambit you did managed to get two townies killed.

You are the one who created the noise

If the plan was to not discuss anything about the chat, you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place. You shouldn't have brought it up at all until the other person did.

For the last day phase or so you've mentioned there is "something between melon and Zeke" but you don't really want to tackle the issue really. Just let it fester and create noise.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
That slip by swamped makes me want to test if two scum would lie about this chat altogether.

But I also really want a melon flip.

Decisions decisions

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
You were annoyed by Stu doing "the same". Both had you high in their lists. #notforgettingdeadtown

I'll give you the spotlight now. I've formed my opinion on swamped, gir, z-beat and will try to look further

There is a difference tho. Chugger was ready to vote me and also voted me. Stuart was scumreading me based on flips of first GP and later Faddy, which were still to come. Chugger was voting me with a case, which is fine and why I wasn't annoyed with it.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
One of Malus or DCPat. They ensured it was a race between GP and Kalor.
For me it was a toss up between Kalor and Sophia when I voted. But I hadn't really kept up with the game at that point.

By the way here are the vote progressions for the last 5 days in graph form to make it easier to read than the list in the vote tool. Only votes on people who at one point had more than 1 vote or had at least 1 vote at day end are shown. (Fireblend could you remove the "," in the vote numbers again? It's messing with my script)
Day 1
dfbC2Au.png

Day2
N2PYNZi.png

Day3
ndSCBiX.png

Day4
fJMy2ml.png

Day5
snvk2nr.png

I'll post the updated claim list later.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

You can feel however you want to feel. I don't enjoy info being withheld like that. How you guys were gonna go about presenting it to town should've been discussed in the chat.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone find faddys core he listed like day 1 or 2?
I think we have a strong town core in nin, coolest, giant panda. Adding myself, malus and chuggernaut feels pretty good.

Scum are probably in Stuart and Gorlak. And a couple of partners under the radar.

I think stuart felt very exposed yesterday when I started pushing back on him, which he probably didn't expect since I said he was town. I think it makes a lot of sense with the way he played that he is with Extreme Tactician and was frustrated that his partners did not save him. His move to try and pull coolest to his side and then deny it yesterday was also very scummy.

Vote: Stuart444

Of his list there are only 3 choices left for a 2nd scum
Possibly something with the slip. If we flip him today and he is scum, then can look at who he could've been referring to. At the time we thought it was turmoil?
It was in reference to pushing a 2nd train for the sake of a 2nd train, who at the time was turmoil, right?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably stick with Nin next. Also I'm doing this on mobile and having extreme difficulty

malus

Oct 30, 2017
You remove them >:(

You'll have to give me some time. Maybe tomorrow night.
You really don't have to do it, since it's me that uses the actual integer value. My script is hacked together anyway, so a little more hacking won't hurt it.

I feel the interaction between Z-Beat and Faddy was just Faddy prodding for an opening to scum read him. Though I do think it interesting that he doesn't go back to it later but I found his play in the later days quite weak in general. Other than that there is really not much to go off about Z-Beat. He hasn't really contributed anything significant and is mostly just reacting. What was the slip again?

Of his list there are only 3 choices left for a 2nd scum
It was in reference to pushing a 2nd train for the sake of a 2nd train, who at the time was turmoil, right?
I'm feeling quite good about Coolest and I am town as well which leaves (to me) only Nin on Faddys town core. The thing is (and this is a very flimsy argument) if I were to list a bunch of players as town core I wouldn't put my scum mate in first place.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I feel the interaction between Z-Beat and Faddy was just Faddy prodding for an opening to scum read him. Though I do think it interesting that he doesn't go back to it later but I found his play in the later days quite weak in general. Other than that there is really not much to go off about Z-Beat. He hasn't really contributed anything significant and is mostly just reacting. What was the slip again?
It was this post from towards the end of D4:
You've been pushing around an L_P/Sophia lynch for days. I wasn't on board but why keep backing down
There was some speculation as to whether that was a general post or if it was meant for the scum thread.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry all, last dayphase and this one have been busy with work and baby. Will read a bit more later. Think it's worth looking into melon, she's come out a bit more energetic after a dayphase of some scrutiny. This after a few dayphases of lower levels of activity, esp compared to today, seems like somebody who has a reason to be worried.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
You've been pushing around an L_P/Sophia lynch for days. I wasn't on board but why keep backing down
There was some speculation as to whether that was a general post or if it was meant for the scum thread.
IIRC that was explained as being a general question to the thread as we had a steady train building on Turmoil7 (sorry Turmoil, I was on that train ;_; ).

It might be worth thinking about "If it was for scum chat, to whom?". If you can't find someone who qualifies, it's likely Z-Beat was telling the truth. There were only 5 people off LP that day:

Giant Panda (dead town)
Nin
Me
Lone_Prodigy (dead scum)

we were all on Turmoil. Melonrabbit was on EzekelRage (voted for each other within 5 posts).

That Z-Beat post is 3,652 so it would stand to reason votes after it might be possible candidates (why post if they were already on LP). Turmoil likely voted LP at the very least for preservation. Z-Beat votes LP after Turmoil, but he's our questioner. Gorlak is 5 posts after Z-Beat and then EzekelRage hammers two posts later. Gorlak I'm pretty sure is town, and EzekelRAGE just likes being the hammer vote, so that doesn't give us much either. That would leave Nin (who I town read), myself (I know I'm town) and Melon. Melon never moves her vote off Zeke although her vote is after Z-Beat's post (her vote is 3,286).

So basically, unless you think that post was for Melon, Nin or myself, it's likely Z-Beat is telling the truth. (Which I think he is, as an aside.)

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
After the above, iso-ing Z-Beat, coupled with turmoil's town flip and the circumstances of his cs vote, I lean town on him now. I'd like for more input on him though. Especially you Swamped

Z-beat I lean scum on, but mostly because of GP's opinion #3973. Z-beat's response is just to clarify a point that GP misunderstood. I do want to go back and see why Z-beat was suspicious of Zeke after he revealed a chat.

Noise bit was the amount of times he said he wanted to lynch me. Chugger had good posts, I agree. But it was just about the amount of times he dropped my name that I'm not surprised Nin picked up on it.
Day is still young off course, but I'm hearing my name a lot less now, and as lead example for that I've falled on the nin lynch order.

Also good you are here, I had the same problem as you.
What do you think of Gorlak?

I think Gorlak is town. Feel pretty good about that after our little chat last night.

You can feel however you want to feel. I don't enjoy info being withheld like that. How you guys were gonna go about presenting it to town should've been discussed in the chat.

Well, that was the strategy we discussed, sorry you didn't like it!

Additional point - I actually think Malus's voting record looks pretty good. He's a fairly early voter on all the scum trains (D1, D3 and D4). The question of course becomes "is he too good?". But on D1, his vote on ET brings ET into the lead. It's a small point, but I town-read malus for it. He's kinda quiet, but actually his posts have some independent thought, such as post #4003. I don't think he's simply parroting popular opinions.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
So, it looks like Zeke likes being the hammer on lynch votes. Maybe it's some meta thing I don't understand. It crossed my mind that it could be a role, but he hasn't been a hammer on all votes (wasn't hammer on D1 or D2).

Maybe I'm paranoid, but the hammer joke/meta might be a cover for getting his vote on scum members. On D3 and D4, he never previously had his vote on Faddy or LP. I haven't been keeping track of his reads but surely you would at least vote for your candidate beforehand, and then unvote and revote if you wanted to be the hammer?

Then he had to continue that meta for the vote on town turmoil.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
So, it looks like Zeke likes being the hammer on lynch votes. Maybe it's some meta thing I don't understand. It crossed my mind that it could be a role, but he hasn't been a hammer on all votes (wasn't hammer on D1 or D2).

Maybe I'm paranoid, but the hammer joke/meta might be a cover for getting his vote on scum members. On D3 and D4, he never previously had his vote on Faddy or LP. I haven't been keeping track of his reads but surely you would at least vote for your candidate beforehand, and then unvote and revote if you wanted to be the hammer?

So far, I think there is at least 2 scum in the group of Stu/Alex/Sophia
Sophia
She explained the vote on D1. Meh, still feel scummy about it. My issue with Sophia is she doesnt seem to be commenting on anything "real". Day 1 she entertained my tunnel joke talk. Then after voting me her reasoning for doing so was kinda weak imo. Looking at day 2 she doesnt really give any reads. A few of her comments seem to be on non issue things or things that dont require her to pay attention much. Surface level things. Comments on the claims and things of that nature. Sometimes she has to be asked directly for input on specific things like reads or thoughts. Her Kalor read was another post that was basically a summary on how the thread saw Kalor. Some examples of her stoking the fires are posts 1930 and post sds .

Faddy
Thinking about it, slight scum vibes. Some of his comments make it seem like he isnt really paying attn. Like he mentioned chugs claim involving items. Then there was the response to me explaining why I should post Fanto's reads. Although with chugs he did mention being a fruit vendor and it seems like he misread my post. He does bring up that burnout is playing a factor. Will need to look more closely.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, how are you grabbing the data?

Are you aware that you can grab the raw data from https://vote.fireblend.com/brexit-mafia-phase-2-border-line-insanity.80762/raw ? (works for any game) that's waaaay easier to parse than the HTML, it's a pretty JSON.
That would have been handy! I just grabbed the bb codes and used some regular expressions. Thanks for the tip.
So with this strategy..........you guys accomplished what?

Was there nothing of note talked about in the chat?
That's the thing about these chats I guess. What are they supposed to discuss? Ideally their reads were already shared in this thread and giving away role information seems risky given there is a potentially eavsdropping 3rd party.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
will this day phase be extended a day?
That would have been handy! I just grabbed the bb codes and used some regular expressions. Thanks for the tip.

That's the thing about these chats I guess. What are they supposed to discuss? Ideally their reads were already shared in this thread and giving away role information seems risky given there is a potentially eavsdropping 3rd party.
Apparently they are used to strategize how to poorly convey info to town? At least in Gor/Swamped's case.

Me and fanto bounced ideas around in regards to who we thought was scum etc. Looked at different angles, a back and forth. We gave our giant reads list in case one of us died. We also discussed how to properly tell town and whether or not we would. Which is why I found it odd they really have nothing to show from that night chat.