• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Macron said Brexit must happen at the end of October and there should be no more extensions. He regrets Brexit, but says it has to happen unless the British people change their mind.

"I think it is a big mistake to procrastinate. I think this is the final final deadline," he said in Paris, adding that he doesn't want the new European Commission to have to deal with Brexit.

Macron has long been a hardliner on Brexit and resisted giving the U.K. a long extension in the first place. Junior economy minister Agnes Pannier-Runacher said earlier that endless delays would be worse than a no-deal.

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Agreed, it was a mistake to trigger Article 50 before anyone had any clue what to do, and the end result has been a disastrous mess that has made the UK the laughing stock of the western world. The fact the Conservatives are more concerned with electing a new leader than actually trying to agree with each other (let alone anyone outside the party) says it all - they have no real personal stake in this beyond possibly standing to personally profit from whatever side gigs they have going.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Agreed, it was a mistake to trigger Article 50 before anyone had any clue what to do, and the end result has been a disastrous mess that has made the UK the laughing stock of the western world. The fact the Conservatives are more concerned with electing a new leader than actually trying to agree with each other (let alone anyone outside the party) says it all - they have no real personal stake in this beyond possibly standing to personally profit from whatever side gigs they have going.

United States of America: Hold my beer.

Crocks

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Agreed, it was a mistake to trigger Article 50 before anyone had any clue what to do, and the end result has been a disastrous mess that has made the UK the laughing stock of the western world.
In a way I don't think it would have mattered. The problem isn't really that we've "run out of time", it's that there's a huge contingent of people who believe that we can achieve something that's impossible. I don't think waiting longer to trigger A50 would have dispelled this notion. It still hasn't' been dispelled and we're staring down the barrel.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm not happy that Brexit happened ( /is happening) but I agree it's time to get it over with. The EU has to deal with important decisions in the coming years and we can't keep this Brexit limbo distraction up indefinitely.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really should never have been able to hold a referendum, let alone evoke Article 50, without a plan already in place for a smooth transition. I'd much prefer they just cancelled the whole thing but there's not much we can do - the politicians that are meant to serve us stopped listening to us three years ago.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That actually sounds less hard line on the topic than he was for the last deadline.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
The threat of a looming Brexit without any follow through and continuous delays is actually preferable to right, because based on the fallout that will happen when Brexit does in fact happen those idiots will be run out of town.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
vB9B5.gif

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
funny-brexit-meme1.jpg

At this point, it's time to brush the cat outside unless it quickly decides its warmer inside. The door needs to close.

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please veto another extension. I want to point out to the nationalists that Brexit is being handled on a French man's terms. That would be sure to frustrate them.

In all seriousness, I admire this guy because I feel like he's doing more for the UK in regards to Brexit than our own government. Originally I heard there might have been a 2 year extension had it not of been for this guy. He's a bit more realistic and keeping things in check which is going to force our government to act at some point.