• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
You may not like him, but he has been the most effective politician in recent times, and he is not even an MP, he singlehanded took down Cameron and forced a referendum and won Boris the election, he also told the EU many years ago we will be leaving and he was derided as a fool

well look who is laughing now

name any other politician who has been as effective as him
ok.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You may not like him, but he has been the most effective politician in recent times, and he is not even an MP, he singlehanded took down Cameron and forced a referendum and won Boris the election, he also told the EU many years ago we will be leaving and he was derided as a fool

100% facts and he is the face of Britain now! Absolute fucking legend Nigel!

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston

Oct 26, 2017
It's gonna be "fun" and interesting to see the "race" between Uk and the Eurozone. The latter is in deep shit and already completed fucked... I wonder if things will go even worse in the future.
A race? To what end? There's no finish line where anyone wins.

The UK's tendency toward isolationism is a self-inflicted wound in an era where the economy is global. It has little power by itself.

100% facts and he is the face of Britain now! Absolute fucking legend Nigel!
Nigel Farage and his hate mongering piece of shit compatriots are absolute fucking cretins of the highest order. I'd get banned if I explained how I truly felt about him.

We'll have to spend decades of life undoing his egomaniacal desires. But mark my words we'll do it and his legacy will be nothing but garbage.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017

Farage has been an effective politician in the same way that a footballer who is truly determined to score as many own goals as possible would be an effective player. People might say that the player was shit, that he screwed up his entire team for reasons known only to himself, that he didn't have a clue what he was doing, but nobody could argue that he didn't have an effect.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017

Vladimir Putin

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
For them it's not ruined. They are glad their markets can be free as the American markets.
The UK's market will never be be as "free" as American markets. They do not have the bargaining power to prevent someone (read: America) from forcing its will on them via trade agreement.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A race? To what end? There's no finish line where anyone wins.

The UK's tendency toward isolationism is a self-inflicted wound in an era where the economy is global. It has little power by itself.

Nigel Farage and his hate mongering piece of shit compatriots are absolute fucking cretins of the highest order. I'd get banned if I explained how I truly felt about him.

We'll have to spend decades of life undoing his egomaniacal desires. But mark my words we'll do it and his legacy will be nothing but garbage.

Absolutely correct assessment but that doesn't change the fact that he is the single most influential politician in Britain this century! Murdoch did set it all up for him to knock it down, but did he completely nail it, wow, what a champion.

They should build a huge statue of Farage standing over the Channel tunnel entrance like colossus.

Given how things are going I wouldn't be surprised.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
the-britishas-seen-by-americans-the-british-seen-by-europeans-42552367.png

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate Commentary
artists rendition of top tory party members private brexit celebration party

not shown: all the children they have around to have sex with, because they are all pedophiles

FFvWwaJ.png

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Hi Nigel

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017

What's a good measure of "effectiveness" here? Fuelling hatred? Tanking economies? Starting wars? Killing millions of people?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't even get past the part in the video where he says you may loathe populism but it's becoming very popular. I can handle cringe, like extreme. But that I couldn't.

Jon_Sama

Aug 19, 2018

Managing to get your agenda across has no relevance to one's quality as a politician or figure head in terms of improving the populus' life quality. See: any number of dictators throughout history that enforced terrible laws/policies.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
The UK's market will never be be as "free" as American markets. They do not have the bargaining power to prevent someone (read: America) from forcing its will on them via trade agreement.

I meant mainly free from regulation and governmental over sight. Private is better, corporate taxes are bad and environmental protection is nuisance.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
As a brit I really hope Scotland gets a refurendum and waves a EU flag as they leave the 'United' Kingdom. Its crazy how a short few years ago the message was about unity and Britain is determined to throw itself down the drain for a Blue passport.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I meant mainly free from regulation and governmental over sight. Private is better, corporate taxes are bad and environmental protection is nuisance.
The UK market will still be bound to EU regulation or close shop.

Why would you invest in a market that has no oversight over its own rules when you can invest in NY or Frankfurt?

The british economy will become a rule taker without having a say in it because the alternative is complete economic rupture

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
It's funny, but stomach turning at the same time. Populism is frightening on the whole. It's never been a positive force in history afaik.
Oh, it's terrifying, don't get me wrong. The lowest common denominator is firmly where all successful politics seems to be pitched today. And while I don't necessarily think of myself as better or smarter than other people, it's a source of endless frustration that people can't see through Frage's paper-thin "man of the people" veneer to the sheer cynicism underneath.

When it comes down to it, though, being a cunt seems to pay.

graemebuchan

Mar 29, 2019
Proud Scot and pro-EU guy here and here's hoping we (Scotland) get back in ASAP and hopefully within my kids lifetime the rest of the UK goes back in too.