• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Caroline flint on bbc news saying the reason she is signing up for it is that she doesn't believe the Eu would agree to a bad deal...I agree. A bad deal for them. Also claims she has a lock on employers rights 😂
Hahaha.
Some EU members are being pushy about it because they know it's probably the best deal EU can get, and choosing between it and gambling on somehow managing to avoid Brexit, they'd rather have the most favorable deal they can get now.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much about Parliament or Brexit, but I've been trying to learn.

But mostly I'm fascinated by this Bercow fellow

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can 100% see it having a lot of dumb ass shit that they didn't want to show cus it will get ripped apart.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

A treasure of an account

EHQg9_FXkAEonXE

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
To the MPs hoping to extend the transition period if they want more time to work out the future relationship:

So basically, Parliament are going to be pissed off?

Another example of why running a minority government is an awful idea - because everything seems to be about fucking over the opposition who do have a majority...

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I don't see this passing (or at least not without some serious changes), and I really hope it doesn't.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I don't see this passing, and I really hope it doesn't.
I think you're ignoring how willing certain MPs are to look in the other direction and go LALALALALA when it comes to the issues with it.

GET BREXIT DONE INNIT... Except, of course, for the next 5-10 years of trying to sort out trade deals. Plus, obviously, the next majority government ripping up any part of this bill that isn't part of the international treaty (like workers rights for instance).

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I think you're ignoring how willing certain MPs are to look in the other direction and go LALALALALA when it comes to the issues with it.

GET BREXIT DONE INNIT... Except, of course, for the next 5-10 years of trying to sort out trade deals. Plus, obviously, the next majority government ripping up any part of this bill that isn't part of the international treaty (like workers rights for instance).
It may pass but not in it's currently state. I'm imagine at minimum everything about extending the transition period will be gutted, which will likely kill the deal outright if it passes.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Of course which is why noone should have paid much mind when they said they wouldn't vote the customs amendment. If push comes to shove their going to kill this deal one way or another because having it just pass isn't really an option for them.

Not even that, the cu amendment is a thinly disguised, let's fuck shit up, amendment that exists to scupper the government and destabilise it wholesale.

I doubt more then a few dim souls, in the con side, fully expect a cu to be actually added by the gov at the end of tomorrow or at all. They will vote for it in a, very likely, majority tomorrow on the basis it rips the tories apart and clears a path to a GE. Same for the second ref, and to block off no deal amendment.

The dup are proper pissed off and are looking for Tory blue blood. So is everyone else.

Edit: Wow just read some of the WA tweets, no wonder the gov tried to do what they did on sat. This is going to send shockwaves to those who tried to support it on Saturday, including labour rebels.

The whips now have a whole bunch of new talking points to use with the rebels.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
It may pass but not in it's currently state. I'm imagine at minimum everything about extending the transition period will be gutted, which will likely kill the deal outright if it passes.
Thing is, there's so little time for amendments... if this has to be changed significantly then they're likely to be fucked when it comes to hitting their deadline.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Thing is, there's so little time for amendments... if this has to be changed significantly then they're likely to be fucked when it comes to hitting their deadline.
Of course, the people who are making the amendments don't give a fuck about the deadline. The extension requests been made it's all artificial. The MP's can vote to change the timetable so that's not an issue.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So is it really bad that you shouldn't even risk putting it up against a 2nd Ref.

Are we back to square one now.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question, with Boris still walking around a free man, and this shit show ongoing, do people still have faith in the systems over there? Here in the US we've had a lot of confirmation that our the systems designed to prevent corruption are based on wishes and dreams, and I look over at the UK's systems allowing for someone like Boris to end up PM (without an election even!) and his record of violating election law, and getting fired for lying and so on, and I ask myself what it's going to take for people to realize that a lot of the checks and balances there are just 'tradition' with little to no legal basis.
Under normal circumstances he would've resigned over the SC defeat and (potentially) losing the QS, but these are not normal times.

Tribalism over Brexit supersede any sense of decency

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't it highly unlikely the EU would consider negotiating a customs union if the UK didn't sign up to freedom of movement again?

Freedom of movement will not wash with the general UK population. It was the main discussion point, far exceeding finance.

If lefty party or government tried to re-enter a customs union or single market with the EU they'd get pasted.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
lol, the arrogant cunt still doesn't get that he can't just call an election.

The state of these people.

Of course, the people who are making the amendments don't give a fuck about the deadline. The extension requests been made it's all artificial. The MP's can vote to change the timetable so that's not an issue.

But will they? They should, because this is quite possibly the most important piece of legislation that's been passed in over a decade (and as such requires scrutiny)... but I'm not convinced they will.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
So is it really bad that you shouldn't even risk putting it up against a 2nd Ref.

Are we back to square one now.
I mean you can still amend a lot of it I believe, while still not changing the deal made to the EU. Then put that to a referendum.

The government are mostly worried about the no deal trap closing because if that closes their whole house of cards keeping the Tory coalition together falls.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I'm convinced this will just get rammed through by the tories and a few rebel labour mps.
I not seeing how the no deal trap doesn't get closed unless everyone that voted for the letwin amendment is completely bought and paid for. It's in essence the exact same thing. That's what the government is really worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.