• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018
How are these people such weirdos? I've talked to maybe 12-13 folks elsewhere at the NYT and they are decidedly not weirdos. How are so many of their opinion columnists the biggest oddballs?

OP
OP
UnpopularBlargh
Oct 26, 2017
Someone edited the Wiki already:
EC8sRtPVUAAiSBM.jpg

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe the dude sent an email to the guy about his tweet smfh.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the NYT will have enough shame to send back the "When the Online Mob Came for Me" op-ed, that is surely being written right now. Nah... they'll publish it for the engagement.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The random super tame tweet that made Bret upset:

davekarpf@davekarpf

The bedbugs are a metaphor. The bedbugs are Bret Stephens. https://twitter.com/stuartathompson/status/1166030096685314050 …

Stuart A. Thompson @stuartathompson

Breaking — There are bedbugs in the NYT newsroom.

12:50 PM - Aug 26, 2019

5:07 PM - Aug 26, 2019

Matt McDermott @mattmfm

Hey @NYTimesPR, can you point us to where in your social media guidelines it's acceptable for an op-Ed columnist to try and get a college professor fired for tweeting a (literally) harmless joke?

Bret Stephens: The biggest threat facing our society today is the stifling of free speech on college campuses.

Also Bret Stephens: I'm going to try and get a college professor fired for a joke he tweeted that didn't get a single retweet.

I mean come on, @nytimes.

9XV4y97.jpg

0dyKHHc.jpg

10:00 PM - Aug 26, 2019

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
someone make an animorphs cover of bret stephens transforming into a bed bug

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Nobody tell me anything about this guy ever, I want my only mental association with "Bret Stephens" to be the word bedbug.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
We had a few Bret Stephens showing up my job a few months back, had to fumigate and shut down the whole place for a day or so to kill them out. Damn things refused to go away.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I wonder if being called a bedbug in front to his wife is this guy's cuckold fetish.

Honestly, nothing wrong with it and probably the best way of this situation for him.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
Letter reads like a template he sends to anyone that offends him. Only way it makes sense for him to state that bedbug sets a new standard. Unless he really is that thin skinned...

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Such extreme offense from the most minor of insults.
Ever since Spy magazine first labeled Donald Trump a "short-fingered vulgarian" in the 1980s, the licensing maven and presidential candidate has been pushing back, insisting with trademark bravado that his fingers are, in fact, "not so short." He has even claimed, though never in the presence of rulers, yardsticks, or tape measures, that "my fingers are long and beautiful, as, has been well-documented, are various other parts of my body." Now, thanks to months of exhaustive research, VF.com has uncovered photographic evidence that we believe will settle the question of Trump's finger length once and for all. Scroll down to see for yourself. (Note: this project was underwritten in part by a generous grant from the California Baby Carrot Growers Association.)

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/photos/2016/02/donald-trumps-short-fingers-a-historical-analysis

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I thought getting blocked by Shaun King after one of his vanity searches was ridiculous.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Been laughing about this most of the night.

The request that the professor come over to his home and chat for a bit before calling him a bedbug in front of his wife and kids is just fuckin weird.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
They're always the biggest weenies, these right wing loudmouths and "intellectuals". Just brats playing dressup.
What's really funny about this is had he just ignored this random nothing tweet (which he would have had to seek out), none of this would occur. But now he's ensured he is Bedbug Stephens for the rest of his professional career.

Oct 27, 2017
Brett Stephen's shows up to my wife's clinic every couple of months. Huge pain in the ass. Everyone showers for hours after he shows up and runs things.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Oh man starting to think all these right wingers moaning about free speech and perpetually offended PC college campuses are doing so in bad faith and are projecting

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The random super tame tweet that made Bret upset:

davekarpf@davekarpf

The bedbugs are a metaphor. The bedbugs are Bret Stephens. https://twitter.com/stuartathompson/status/1166030096685314050 …

Stuart A. Thompson @stuartathompson

Breaking — There are bedbugs in the NYT newsroom.

12:50 PM - Aug 26, 2019

5:07 PM - Aug 26, 2019

Matt McDermott @mattmfm

Hey @NYTimesPR, can you point us to where in your social media guidelines it's acceptable for an op-Ed columnist to try and get a college professor fired for tweeting a (literally) harmless joke?

Bret Stephens: The biggest threat facing our society today is the stifling of free speech on college campuses.

Also Bret Stephens: I'm going to try and get a college professor fired for a joke he tweeted that didn't get a single retweet.

I mean come on, @nytimes.

9XV4y97.jpg

0dyKHHc.jpg

10:00 PM - Aug 26, 2019

On point. I haven't read his climate change stuff, which I'm sure is a disaster. But every time I see him on MSNBC shows he seems perfectly fine. This situation is showing he's as thin skinned as it gets. Hilarious the juxtaposition of this tweets.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
"Show yourself, coward, and tell my Wife I'm a bedbug."

Is this headline real? Like, did he write that?

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
rofl some people have the thinnest skin

some politician tried to get me fired because of a neutral comment I left on a tweet about him

he's also one of those annoying "free speech" advocates and yet...

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
So, right-wing mouthpiece reveals himself to be a fragile hypocrite. Sounds about right.