• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it was any other male inductee, all the wrestlers would've handled it differently. But them knowing the conditions of 61 year old man and getting attacked like that?

And I believe that's the way they're taught whenever an unauthorized person gets into the ring mainly for self defense.

I think a lot of people posting in this thread may not be aware that in practically any sport (like literally even Tennis, Golf, Baseball) it is standard policy to just beat the shit out of people that run out onto the field/arena/etc.

The fact that this guy committed what is essentially attempted murder on a crippled 61 year old WWE legend... yea it's a miracle he didn't get killed. And he knew what he was doing.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
It's sickening to see people cheering on violence, for sure.

The * here though is that Brett Hart is literally one bump or fall from a possible stroke/aneurysm/life-ending concussion. That could have actually killed him.

So the guy doing this (who is known in circles for doing this shit in the past) knew what he was doing, or should have. The response is barbaric, but the act is worse so.
Or we don't give excuses for beating a restrained person? We shouldn't try to make the situation that more digestible by saying how bad the beaten person is.

He is wrong for tackling an old man. They are wrong for beating a restrained person. It reminds me of that video of the bus robber who is then cornered and beaten by the driver, but since he robbed someone it doesn't matter if they are hurt to that degree. Bloodthirsty folks are scary.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine cheering or accepting that a restrained person is being beaten.

I understand the mob mentality. They came there to see their childhood hero, who is more or less dying. have one last moment in the spotlight before he goes. They probably felt helpless and frustrated. I imagine it would be cathartic seeing him get punished. Ideally, they would restrain him and then take him to the authorities, though. But, it's not so hard to imagine folks who revel in the violent spectacle of wrestling would be desensitized to seeing violence happen in the ring.

That last punch was so unnecessary, though. He should and will be sued for that one. Fucking idiot.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 days): Advocating violence
I understand the mob mentality. They came there to see their childhood hero, who is more or less dying. have one last moment in the spotlight before he goes. They probably felt helpless and frustrated. I imagine it would be cathartic seeing him get punished. Ideally, they would restrain him and then take him to the authorities, though. But, it's not so hard to imagine folks who revel in the violent spectacle of wrestling would be desensitized to seeing violence happen in the ring.

That last punch was so unnecessary, though. He should and will be sued for that one. Fucking idiot.
He won't sue, he'd be foolish to do so. I REALLY hope the cops "misplaced" him for a few minutes, let the WWE wrestlers there find him and bring him back after a bit.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Days): Advocating Violence

Nah, the dude deserved it.
He went into a spot where you'll get your ass licked and it's justified. They're messing with an old man who is dying and some jackass decides to come in and attack him. Nah, hopefully he got his ass whopped like Homer did by the security in that footage.

No lawyer will take that dude's case when the WWE can army up with lawyers on the guy.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
This guy is a fucking moron, there is no debate about that. On the other hand those sucker punches and the crowd chanting "fuck him up" and "kill him" I can safely say most people in the crowd are morons too.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the dude deserved it.
He went into a spot where you'll get your ass licked and it's justified. They're messing with an old man who is dying and some jackass decides to come in and attack him. Nah, hopefully he got his ass whopped like Homer did by the security in that footage.

No lawyer will take that dude's case when the WWE can army up with lawyers on the guy.

Guy deserved it. No question there. I'm just saying, he should have handled it differently. Preferably not in front of cameras and 1000 witnesses. And I think it'd be an easy case to win.

For example, if he dies because of head injury, that's murder. 100%. Not the initial beatdown, but the 'grrrrr me mad me punch' uppercut after he was already subdued. It was a dumb move that CLEARLY puts him in legal jeopardy.

But he deserved it.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
I'll never advocate for violence against someone who's already being restrained but I definitely won't lose any sleep over this guy getting his ass beat. What he did was despicable and there's no way he didn't know this would be the consequence.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Save it for a time and place that isn't this time and place

If I felt he was making a genuine criticism, then I'd agree. But, to me I think it was so clearly satire, mocking the way the crowd and wrestling fans behaved in response to this, as if it were a spectacle complete with cheers and chants. At least, that's how I read it. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, maybe not.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
Mr Tough Guy at the end punching the idiot after he's being restrained by like eight guys and any danger is resolved.

And you folks are cheering that? Like, specifically that?

Do you people cheer when cops beat handcuffed suspects too?

hart still has significant setbacks and symptoms from his stroke, not even mentioning that he's 61 and just recently recovered from cancer

i probably wouldn't cheer, but i'm not gonna get upset when the dude who recklessly tackled hart and his niece gets lumped up

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What was the end game? For the LuLz?

I mean you are fucking with the man most of those guys grew up idolizing while the man is honoring his dead brother another legend.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If I felt he was making a genuine criticism, then I'd agree. But, to me I think it was so clearly satire, mocking the way the crowd and wrestling fans behaved in response to this, as if it were a spectacle complete with cheers and chants. At least, that's how I read it. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, maybe not.

Dude it's a live event where something crazy, and in the moment scary, happened, reactions are gonna happen mocking this is shitty.

None of this is funny. What that guy did is beyond the pale and if fans are gonna react positively in the moment to him being handle I'm not gonna mock them.

Making fun of wrestling fans for anything that happened here is dumb

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Oh so you were just mocking a community, many of whom care deeply about Bre Hart here... cool cool.
Let's not be obtuse, I'm trying to make it clear that there was no offense intended and it was an absurdist sarcastic playful jab at a common post made in these threads, not intended to mock Bret Hart or anyone in particular.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I'm not going to feel any outrage or sympathy for a sack of shit that tackled a 60 year old man who's potentially one bad fall away from triggering a stroke that could kill him. 30 or hell 20 years ago he'd be lucky if that's all he got. Back in the territory days he'd be taken out back and beaten within an inch of his life and be fortunate if he didn't end up missing anything he came in with.

Dash knocked that dude the fuck out.

Bitch move. Lucky he won't get charged

Nah, the bitch move was attacking a 61 year stroke and cancer survivor who couldn't defend himself who has to be careful to avoid any sudden falls or risk triggering another stroke.

Didn't Bret Hart have serious neck surgery and had his career end because of that? And you put your hand around him and then try and tackle him too?

What the fuck?

Severe post-concussion syndrome IIRC from his Goldberg match and continuing to do shit over the next couple weeks before it became too much and he got to a doctor, including taking a guitar shot over his head, his back neck muscle has a hole the size of a quarter in it that'll never heal also from that ill fated match with Goldberg.

Actually, her (super gross upsetting details ahead)
Labia was fused because the restaurant, by McDonalds corporate policy kept the coffee at a super dangerous temperature - 170 to 180 degrees that would also have burned her face if she had simply drank it at the restaurant. Almost everyone believes the version you do, because a lot of money and marketing was spent making sure you did.

The coffee was not just "hot," but insanely, dangerously hot. McDonald's corporate policy was to serve it at a temperature that could cause serious burns in seconds. Mrs. Liebeck's injuries were far from frivolous. She was wearing sweatpants that absorbed the coffee and kept it against her skin. She suffered third-degree burns (the most serious kind) and required skin grafts on her inner thighs and elsewhere.

Liebeck's case was far from an isolated event. McDonald's had received more than 700 previous reports of injury from its coffee, including reports of third-degree burns, and had paid settlements in some cases.

Mrs. Liebeck offered to settle the case for $20,000 to cover her medical expenses and lost income. But McDonald's never offered more than $800, so the case went to trial.

I don't think you're stupid to think that, because I did for a decade until it was forgotten about and I finally read the actual case law and trasncripts. And of course, she shouldn't have put a hot cup of coffee between her legs. But uh. It's not the story everyone thinks.

Glad you posted is because I was ready to go in. The car was from an era where cupholders were still somewhat a luxury and that the McDonald's was out of the cardboard cupholders so there wasn't really any option of where to place the cup, one of the things that changed after the lawsuit was McDonald's making sure resturants were never out of them IIRC.

It's less that than it is the fact that Bret is potentially a sudden fall away from triggering another stroke that could kill him.

And no he won't, they can just say he was resisting/fighting or some shit while being hauled out. People who jump railings/barricades are looked at as imminent threats even if they're restrained never mind disclaimers on tickets.[/MEDIA][/QUOTE]

EDIT: Okay an open media tag cut the shit out of my post.

Last edited:

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
If it was any other male inductee, all the wrestlers would've handled it differently. But them knowing the conditions of 61 year old man and getting attacked like that?

And I believe that's the way they're taught whenever an unauthorized person gets into the ring mainly for self defense.
That they probably are and you know damn well there'd be fallout if none of the wrestlers gave a shit and didn't beat the jerk up. Talking about lost respect in the locker room amongst peers and potential termination by the old school brass.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not gonna say he needed to punched after being restrained, but if he was going there with the intention of assaulting a legend surrounded by many 300 pound muscled athletes who look up to him (some possibly roided or suffering from emotional head trauma), then maybe he had it coming

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Go attack a guy surrounded by a bunch of huge dudes who beat each other up for a living. What could possibly go wrong

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Watching that footage I was legitimately concerned for a moment that I was about to watch a man get beaten to death in front of a screaming crowd of thousands. Glad it didn't go that far.

But who the fuck tackles a 60 year old man, even if he were in perfect health?

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a piece of fucking trash that fan is

And why did they change the setup of the HOF?

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Darn totally expected another Jim Cornette Revival/Wilder ass kissing fest by now on Twitter for "doin one for the boys" out there and saying that when Bill watts was around the guys skull would have been caved in by now.

Ah well good things come to those who wait. You just know they are opening the Cornette podcast not with Wrestlemania but with Dash Wilder clocking the stooge.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude is lucky to be alive after this. You tackle one of the most respected workers in the business when all his peers in the industry are all congregated together? That punch from Dash is the least of his worries.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Ok let me give you multiple concussions, a stroke, cancer and old age

And then see how you do.

Sound good?
wc22w7.jpg