• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I didnt know Bret Hart was in that bad of a shape from what people posted about :(
Dude's initial stroke years ago was triggered by a rather innocuous off his bicycle onto grass. When he came back to WWE some years after that and did an angle they made absolutely sure he didn't take so much as a bump onto a stack of pillows.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
You don't want to mess with Bret, who has a history of heart and concussion problems, with Travis Browne (UFC Fighter), Bobby Lashley (former Bellator Fighter) and Heath Slater (former Golden Gloves boxer) running at you. Because you're getting more lighted up than Las Vegas.

He deserves the beatdown, he's not getting killed, they know the limits, but he's getting fucked and jailed.

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the chanting and I'm not an advocate for violence, but in this particular situation with that particular man in Bret Hart... I'm happy he got his face beaten. Like someone said, Bret is a fucking old man who is a stroke and cancer survivor and he has difficulty walking on his own now. The fact is that a fall like Bret took there is all it could take to trigger another stroke and possibly die. I think him getting his face punched in a few times is good enough punishment for potentially causing something serious to happen to Bret.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude's initial stroke years ago was triggered by a rather innocuous off his bicycle onto grass. When he came back to WWE some years after that and did an angle they made absolutely sure he didn't take so much as a bump onto a stack of pillows.

It really all started with Goldberg knocking his head off with a stiff kick

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I didnt know Bret Hart was in that bad of a shape from what people posted about :(

Yeah, that was why he didn't take a bump during his last time in the WWE, he could kill him.

Guy should have got the Hercules Hernandez treatment: Sat in a chair in the back and open hand slapped so hard he flies out of the seat, does a flip backwards into the brick wall way behind him, and falls into a heap on his head.

Last edited:

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there any explanation for that weird ass wig yet?

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Who's the wrestler in the yellow pants and gold chain?

Those punches must have felt like hammers.

Davey Boy Smith Jr.
D3gPerGXsAIVGfq.jpg:large

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

For Bret Hart?

Yes.

Just gets to me.

Bret is my guy

He gave me 15 min of his personal time to talk one on one with him at a hockey game when I was a kid, when he could have just stayed in his private box.

It was just me and one other kid who waited outside the stairs to his box and begged his security guy to ask asked if he'd come down... and you know what the security guard went up and asked him and he did.

And it wasn't for a group... it wasn't to sign a bunch of autographs....it was for 2 people. And, after the other kid left, happy just with a hi and a signature, Bret took 15 solo min just to talk to me, a one on one conversation, uninterrupted.

And I was just a stupid little mark who said stupid little mark things like Vince is an asshole and I hope you kick Goldberg's ass... but he still gave me that time and played along. I can't remember a thing we talked about but for that time I felt like nothing else mattered to Bret but talking to me.

Fuck, this dude who had suffered so much, lost so much is paying tribute with his niece to his fallen brother in law and some prick attacks him.

So yeah this shit makes me emotional and I'm not going to feel bad about that.

Last edited:

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
hart still has significant setbacks and symptoms from his stroke, not even mentioning that he's 61 and just recently recovered from cancer

i probably wouldn't cheer, but i'm not gonna get upset when the dude who recklessly tackled hart and his wife gets lumped up
Niece, not wife. This induction was basically their way of inducting (her father) Jim Neidhart.

It really all started with Goldberg knocking his head off with a stiff kick
Yeah, I mentioned it in my original post that stiff kick left Bret with a quarter sized hole in muscle in the back of his neck that never healed and then he ended up getting concussed a couple more times in that match because he was on autopilot IIRC.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Gotta give Natalya Neidhart credit for staying by her uncle's side even after that tackle. What kind of an idiot would commit an assault on live TV? Enjoy your concussion and prison time, dipsh1t!

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
hart still has significant setbacks and symptoms from his stroke, not even mentioning that he's 61 and just recently recovered from cancer

i probably wouldn't cheer, but i'm not gonna get upset when the dude who recklessly tackled hart and his wife gets lumped up
Wife? Nattie is Bret's niece, a WWE wrestler and she was up there to honour her dad, Bret's brother-in-law, Jim Neidhart, who passed away last year.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
For Bret Hart?

Yes.

Just gets to me.

Bret is my guy

He gave him 15 min of his personal time to talk one on one with him at a hockey game when I was a kid, when he could have just stayed in his private box.

It was just me and one other kid who waited outside the stairs to his box and begged his security guy to ask asked if he'd come down... and you know what the security guard went up and asked him and he did.

And it wasn't for a group... it wasn't to sign a bunch of autographs....it was for 2 people. And, after the other kid left, happy just with a hi and a signature, Bret took 15 solo min just to talk to me, a one on one conversation, uninterrupted.

And I was just a stupid little mark who said stupid little mark things like Vince is an asshole and I hope you kick Goldberg's ass... but he still gave me that time and played a long. I can't remember a thing we talked about but for that time I felt like nothing else mattered to Bret but talking to me.

Fuck, this dude who had suffered so much, lost so much is paying tribute with his niece to his fallen brother in law and some prick attacks him.

So yeah this shit makes me emotional and I'm not going to feel bad about that.

Loved reading this, always loved The Hitman, I think he contributed to my current love of hot pink in adulthood haha

Oct 27, 2017
Brets had to deal with a lot of heartache over the years. You look at most members of the hart foundations in the attitude era and they all dead besides Bret. All of them were close to Bret. It's like all the members of DX dying and HBK is the only one left. He's also suffered from the health issues. No idea why anyone would want to attack him.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not ignorant of the background of the situation. It was horrifying from top to bottom. I haven't put forward any version. They were spotted as in noticed/seen by people in the crowd who thought they were unionist bombers because something similar had happened earlier in the month. The dangerous driving was because they were spotted. Binoculars? What? One of them (soliders who shouldn't have been there) shot his gun in the air and after that it was chaos. I'm not sure what "version" you think I'm trying to present in terms of the politics. It was initially a case of mistaken identity. Then a situation spiralling out of control. What happened to them after they were pulled out of the crowd is something else entirely. It sticks with me because of how quickly the crowd went from mourning to anger, not because of any of the background. Or the aftermath. You'd be suprised how few scenes of mob violence were shown on the news when I was a kid.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

There's video of the incident. I don't recommend watching it, but I object to "version". You have zero idea what I think about NI politics or what my background is.

British Army corporals Derek Wood and David Howes[1] were killed by the Provisional IRA on 19 March 1988 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, in what became known as the corporals killings. The undercover soldiers—wearing civilian clothes and in a civilian car—drove into the funeral procession of an IRA member.[2][3]Three days before, loyalist Michael Stone had attacked an IRA funeral and killed three people. Believing the soldiers were loyalists intent on repeating Stone's attack,[4] dozens of people surrounded and attacked their car. During this, Corporal Wood drew his service pistol and fired a shot in the air. The soldiers were then dragged from the car and taken to a nearby sports ground where they were beaten, stripped and searched. They were then driven to nearby waste ground where they were shot dead.[4]

Corporals Derek Wood and David Howes were wearing civilian clothes and driving in a silver Volkswagen Passat hatchback. The Mac Brádaigh funeral was making its way along the Andersonstown Road towards Milltown Cemetery when the corporals' car appeared from the opposite direction. The car drove straight towards the front of the funeral, which was headed by several black taxis. It drove past a Sinn Féin steward who had signalled it to turn. Mourners at the funeral said they believed they were under attack from Ulster loyalists.[13] The car then mounted a pavement, scattering mourners, and turned into a small side road. When this road was blocked, it then reversed at speed, ending up within the funeral procession. Corporal Wood attempted to drive the car out of the procession but his exit route was blocked by a black taxi.

An angry crowd surrounded the car, smashed the windows and attempted to drag the soldiers out. Wood produced a Browning Hi-Power 9mm handgun,[14] which each of the soldiers were armed with. Wood climbed partly out of a window and fired a shot in the air, which briefly scattered the crowd. The crowd then surged back, with some of them attacking the car with a wheel-brace and a stepladder snatched from a photographer. The corporals were eventually pulled from the car and punched and kicked to the ground

They drove into a funeral procession after being directed away. You make it sound like the dangerous driving was a result of them being mistaken for loyalist attackers, rather than the other way round.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Loved reading this, always loved The Hitman, I think he contributed to my current love of hot pink in adulthood haha

He really cares about his fans.

I'm so happy as a trans woman that in my picture with him I can convince myself that I looked like androgynous enough kid that I can keep that picture and look at it fondly

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Kinda hope the guys sues. He is an asshat for doing what he did obviously, but there is no excuse for the beating he took. Especially considering he wasn't even trying to fight back.

Those punches could have caused some serious damage.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
What sort of punishment does this usually carry in the US?

Assault:
"In many states, 3rd degree assault is prosecuted as a Class A misdemeanor. These types of crimes are punishable by a maximum of one year in a county jail and a criminal fine, which can be up to $1,000"

Disordely Conduct:
"For less serious violations, charges can result in a simple citation, accompanied by a small fine. Other disorderly conduct cases can result in misdemeanor charges. These types of charges may be accompanied by short jail time (usually some months, up to one year maximum), as well as more fines."

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Assault:
"In many states, 3rd degree assault is prosecuted as a Class A misdemeanor. These types of crimes are punishable by a maximum of one year in a county jail and a criminal fine, which can be up to $1,000"

Disordely Conduct:
"For less serious violations, charges can result in a simple citation, accompanied by a small fine. Other disorderly conduct cases can result in misdemeanor charges. These types of charges may be accompanied by short jail time (usually some months, up to one year maximum), as well as more fines."
This type of behaviour needs to be made an example of to put off copycats (and apparently this wasn't this guy's first time jumping the barricade). I hope the judge is a big Bret mark and throws the book at him.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda hope the guys sues. He is an asshat for doing what he did obviously, but there is no excuse for the beating he took. Especially considering he wasn't even trying to fight back.

Those punches could have caused some serious damage.

I'm impressed others managed to get upset about the payback without explicitly hoping the man who attacked Bret profits.... you found a way.

Congratulations

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Well considering he attacked someone, this line kinda has no meaning.
I'm impressed others managed to get upset about the payback without explicitly hoping the man who attacked Bret profits.... you found a way.

Congratulations

If Bret Hart wants to press charges then I am all for that. The guy is an absolute moron for even trying what he did. I am just saying the beating he took as he was being removed was not necessary. And it wasn't. They could have easily removed him without savagely beating him like they did in the process.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assault:

Disordely Conduct:
He's definitely getting one year in prison, considering Bret's condition.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I am just saying the beating he took as he was being removed was not necessary. And it wasn't.
It kind of was, actually. Some context for the people who don't follow wrestling, but *anyone* who jumps the barricades at a wrestling event is treated as a potential threat. None of the talent or staff know who they are or what their intentions are, so they have to assume the worst. And in this case (thankfully) the worst was avoided. I'm not sure what this guy was thinking (if he was thinking at all), but he's lucky he didn't get worse overall.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If Bret Hart wants to press charges then I am all for that. The guy is an absolute moron for even trying what he did. I am just saying the beating he took as he was being removed was not necessary. And it wasn't. They could have easily removed him without savagely beating him like they did in the process.

And yet you opened with I kinda hope he wins a lawsuit and gets paid.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It kind of was, actually. Some context for the people who don't follow wrestling, but *anyone* who jumps the barricades at a wrestling event is treated as a potential threat. None of the talent or staff know who they are or what their intentions are, so they have to assume the worst. And in this case (thankfully) the worst was avoided. I'm not sure what this guy was thinking (if he was thinking at all), but he's lucky he didn't get worse overall.

I am not saying they shouldn't. Not even close. They should absolutely expect the worse out of anyone who jumps the barricade or rushes the stage and act accordingly. Once again I am not defending what the dude did. Not even close. He was completely and utterly over the line in every respect. I am 100% fine with him being charged and jailed for what he did. I know Bret is in a very fragile state. And I know how seriously security has to take these situations and they did an awesome job for the most part. I was just saying that the beating he took while he was being led out was not okay to me. I don't like seeing people beaten when they are not resisting. Mainly the part I am talking about is the point in the video where he is being led away by a group of people and then some guy comes up lays a heavy right hand directly into the dudes face while he wasn't looking. He wasn't even resisting. It was just some guy trying to land a free shot and cause injury. I didn't think that was okay so I said something about it. I apologize for saying anything though. It wasn't my intention to derail the thread. I'll see myself out.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
User warned: antagonising other member
Or we don't give excuses for beating a restrained person? We shouldn't try to make the situation that more digestible by saying how bad the beaten person is.

He is wrong for tackling an old man. They are wrong for beating a restrained person. It reminds me of that video of the bus robber who is then cornered and beaten by the driver, but since he robbed someone it doesn't matter if they are hurt to that degree. Bloodthirsty folks are scary.

giphy.gif

I see the holier than thou act doesnt ever stop.
Arent you the guy that wants to Ban SUVs and feels sorry for Poachers?

I dont know how you go through life being offended by the sun shining.

This asshat deserved all he got.
If i see my friend getting attacked you bet someone is getting a 3 piece with the biscuit.
You are probably the guy who sits on the sideline hoping to have a discourse with the attacker.......yuck.

Dont @ me, ive said all i need to say.

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Got nothing to add really other than Bret is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

😍

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I am not saying they shouldn't. Not even close. They should absolutely expect the worse out of anyone who jumps the barricade or rushes the stage and act accordingly. Once again I am not defending what the dude did. Not even close. He was completely and utterly over the line in every respect. I am 100% fine with him being charged and jailed for what he did. I know Bret is in a very fragile state. And I know how seriously security has to take these situations and they did an awesome job for the most part.
Finally something we can agree on.
god dammit

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
CBS reports that the man also caused minor injuries to a security guard who tried to hold him down, in addition to the minor injuries Hart suffered. It was noted that the man punched Bret at least once, but Bret did not need medical attention. The man tackled Bret as he and Natalya were doing the induction for The Hart Foundation.

Dude got at least one punch in on Bret

Scary fucking shit

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not saying they shouldn't. Not even close. They should absolutely expect the worse out of anyone who jumps the barricade or rushes the stage and act accordingly. Once again I am not defending what the dude did. Not even close. He was completely and utterly over the line in every respect. I am 100% fine with him being charged and jailed for what he did. I know Bret is in a very fragile state. And I know how seriously security has to take these situations and they did an awesome job for the most part. I was just saying that the beating he took while he was being led out was not okay to me. I don't like seeing people beaten when they are not resisting. Mainly the part I am talking about is the point in the video where he is being led away by a group of people and then some guy comes up lays a heavy right hand directly into the dudes face while he wasn't looking. He wasn't even resisting. It was just some guy trying to land a free shot and cause injury. I didn't think that was okay so I said something about it. I apologize for saying anything though. It wasn't my intention to derail the thread. I'll see myself out.

You know but you're not taking the time to understand.

Brett is their friend, colleague, and most likely the wrestler they grew up admiring. Imagine if you personally fell down most likely you would've gotten up with no issues well for Bret falling down or being taken down forcibly could literally kill him. That dick weed took down Bret and Natty while they were honoring the Heart Foundation which Brett is literally the only one who's still alive.

It's almost like these 200+ pound wrestlers/MMA fighters are human and couldn't contain their emotions. I think the wrestlers there showed incredible restraint all things considered. Fucking saints they are.