• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Why wasn't there a thread for this back in March? This seems like exactly the sort of story that should have been right up front on EtcetEra as soon as the first reports of it were made public.

I mean the previous perfect example was Philando Castile. He even literally told his killer that he had his gun and wasn't going to use it and it meant nothing in the end and he was shot in front of his daughter and girlfriend. Then there was Atatiana Jefferson who was in her own home with her nephew and had every right to use a gun when officers slunk around the outside of her house yet she was still obliterated due to ineptitude on the side of police. There are several ur examples of overreach from law enforcement against a citizen safely exercising his gun rights but they've faded from the conversation for everyone including the NRA but save for minorities who advocate for black lives and an end to police brutality.
Yup. Gotta have the right skin color for your death to matter to folks like that. Almost like their calls for protection of their second amendment rights and all that are really just a thinly veiled call for something else entirely...

Last edited:

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
The gun guys tell us we need the 2nd amendment for protection against state tyranny. How much more tyrannical can you get than a goon squad kicking in doors and opening fire on families during the middle of the night? Where is the NRA coming to this man's defense?

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. All. Pigs.

Break into the homes of black people. Murder black people. Blame black people for not wanting to be murdered.

The NRA and police unions need to be disbanded and destroyed yesterday.

Oct 27, 2017
We don't even need pictures to know the races of everyone involved.

It's always obvious. I wish I could get angry again, but I think the last time I cried at a story of a black person being murdered by cops was Philando. I cried so hard, and I think since then I've just been numb to this.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
This scenario is literally a right-wing copypasta. I wonder whose side they ended up on (I know which)

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Accountability.....nahh we never do anything wrong unless we say so", American police culture embodies trump....its amazing.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this shit. What the fuckkk? Free this man ASAP and drop all charges. Simple. Then charge the killers, simple. Then it's a date with the needle IDGAF.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
TIL that police can choose not to wear body cameras lmao. Come the fuck on.

Edit: Just read the part about them being part of a division that doesn't wear cameras, but if you're knocking down doors in the middle of the night, you should be wearing a goddamn camera.

OP
OP
Syriel

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
TIL that police can choose not to wear body cameras lmao. Come the fuck on.

Edit: Just read the part about them being part of a division that doesn't wear cameras, but if you're knocking down doors in the middle of the night, you should be wearing a goddamn camera.

Why do you think they don't wear cameras?

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
This is so sad, tragic and infuriating. That is police terrorism, no question. What government let's stuff like this pass?

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maddening. Every thing bit about this is infuriating. Like, there's no fucking excuse for no-knock raids, there's no fucking excuse for not even getting the FUCKING ADDDRESS RIGHT if you're going to do a no-knock raid, y'know, kind of one the most important details, and on top of all that, on top of all that, when they get it wrong and barge into and attack the wrong fucking people, essentially doubling down on and essentially blaming them for reacting the way any rational person would react in that situation (including, you know, the police themselves considering they indeed opened fire, and not in any small way).

Just fuck everything about this. Monsters with not even the slightest shred of remorse or dignity or shame among them.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
No but please, say for the eleventh time "what about the good cops?"

Seems that good cops are more worried about not rocking the boat that speaking out against the monsters who are their colleagues.

ACAB.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
ok so in the US you need guns to protect yourselves from home invaders (who have guns, which is why you need guns), but you are also expected to magically discern between actual home invaders and police pretending to be home invaders, because shooting at police pretending to be home invaders is not ok, BUT this is not a problem because only minorities get visited by police pretending to be home invaders. am I getting this right so far

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
This is all kinds of fucked up. Legit scary stuff. I'm kind of amazed that they even arrested Walker instead of just shooting him like they shot his So.

Imagine having people suddenly barge in your house without any warning and without revealing who they are. Absolute nightmare stuff. And then add guns to the mix and you have a recipe for disaster.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why wasn't there a thread for this back in March? This seems like exactly the sort of story that should have been right up front on EtcetEra as soon as the first reports of it were made public.
Misogynoir.

I have always disliked the focus on the words "unarmed Black males" when it's all Black PEOPLE who are under attack. Black women have been getting killed and brutalized by police as well.

Jenkins

Dec 6, 2018
FUCK.
Sorry to go off-topic, but I had a similar brush with the police in my city last night.
Police were responding to a alarm being tripped next door, (we're the only 2 houses on our street) and straight up just walked into my house at 1am in the morning - never said anything, never announced they were police or anything.
Me and my wife were asleep on the couch after netflix, and we had forgotten to lock the front door. For some reason, the front door opening jolted me awake, and me and my wife jumped up. I ran to grab some sort of weapon because I thought I was getting robbed. Suddenly there are flashlights everywhere, in the back yard too, and I realize it's police. It was surreal.
My wife just screams "Yo, WHAT THE FUCK!?" as loudly and as aggressively as possible, which made them hesitate long enough for me to get to the front door and try to de-escalate.
So yeah, they weren't even at the right house. He said it's normal procedure to check for "opened doors", but I couldn't sleep the rest of the night thinking about all the ways that situation could've went VERY badly. Especially if I weren't white.
Jesus.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
I guess all the good cops are nowhere to be seen yet again. That thin blue line is a bitch eh.

The union response to Walker being released to home confinement is downright just outrageous. They got the wrong house, didn't announce themselves, all Walker did was protect himself from unknown intruders trying to enter his home and it ends tragically.

Then they have the audacity to charge him after. I genuinely don't know how black Americans can handle injustice again and again. Even then the only way to get justice when they try to ram it under the carpet is public outrage or for something to leak.

Just fucking mental and it just continues, just like the way its intended too.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
One EMT worker does more good in this world on a single night than three pigs combined. I cant even begin to imagine the horror of not only having your place broken into but then realizing what entered your domicile was above the law.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
FUCK.
Sorry to go off-topic, but I had a similar brush with the police in my city last night.
Police were responding to a alarm being tripped next door, (we're the only 2 houses on our street) and straight up just walked into my house at 1am in the morning - never said anything, never announced they were police or anything.
Me and my wife were asleep on the couch after netflix, and we had forgotten to lock the front door. For some reason, the front door opening jolted me awake, and me and my wife jumped up. I ran to grab some sort of weapon because I thought I was getting robbed. Suddenly there are flashlights everywhere, in the back yard too, and I realize it's police. It was surreal.
My wife just screams "Yo, WHAT THE FUCK!?" as loudly and as aggressively as possible, which made them hesitate long enough for me to get to the front door and try to de-escalate.
So yeah, they weren't even at the right house. He said it's normal procedure to check for "opened doors", but I couldn't sleep the rest of the night thinking about all the ways that situation could've went VERY badly. Especially if I weren't white.
Jesus.

When TV show cops do their jobs better than real cops by at least announcing who they are upon entry... jeez, I would have freaked out, too. I'm glad you didn't find a weapon within arm's reach.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
It is disgusting how many lives the police are able to destroy with no consequence.

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck that shit. Those assholes need to be in jail. No-knock warrants are unconstitutional, and the cops aren't even acting like they made a mistake.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
waiting on my Georgia ID.

Mammoth was right.

tenor.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A home invasion is like THE #1 REASON gun advocates argue they need guns. This guy legitimately went through that, they killed his girlfriend, and now he's being punished.

of course the home invaders were cops, and the victims black, so none of that "home invasion" stuff applies

rhe majority of home invasion robberies are by persons known to the homeowners or homes containing contraband and or large amounts of expensive goods or currency. Ironically one of the more common targets for home invasion robberies is ... guns and ammunition.

the statistics for suicide, accidental and domestic shootings of and by homeowners — whose stated purpose is home defense — so dwarf successful defenses against armed intruders that these people would be more rational to wear a parachute every time they entered a building of three or more stories.

I don't understand why nobody ever admits they just like them. They make you feel powerful and are fun to shoot. That's why I shoot but it's also why my guns are owned by and safely locked up at a range.

I have no issue with Properly trained and socially adjusted individuals keeping safely stored and adequately maintained firearms at home- but the stats don't come anywhere near home invasion being a reasonable fear versus fear of an unintended discharge.

and frankly even the homeowner in this case found out what happens when he tried to defend himself and his poor wife from armed and dangerous intruders using a gun. Might've been better for him if they HAD been robbers.

* that doesn't mean they're all basement grow or meth ops - sometimes it's a jeweler taking stuff home or a retiree cashing out an old account or any number of law abiding but possibly naive actions.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine joining these people and convincing yourself you are different and it's moral to work within a corrupt, racist, classist system.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This is one of the most infuriating stories I've read on this site and I've read a lot.

Just one thing to say worth saying: it's not a bug, it's a feature.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
ok so in the US you need guns to protect yourselves from home invaders (who have guns, which is why you need guns), but you are also expected to magically discern between actual home invaders and police pretending to be home invaders, because shooting at police pretending to be home invaders is not ok, BUT this is not a problem because only minorities get visited by police pretending to be home invaders. am I getting this right so far
100% right. It's literal lunacy. And we allowed that to be the ruling power of the world for almost a century. What in the hell were we thinking. These guys are gonna kill us all with their passionate idiocy.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So the NRA and conservatives are obviously going to come out in defense of this person right? After all he stood his ground to defend himself and exercised his 2nd amendment rights?

They will come out in droves to support him right?