• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
They are reading it on FOX News, a quote from the Mueller report is included and states it was found Trump nor any officials conspired or clouded with Russia to interfere in the election. Despite multiple offers from Russia directly to the Trump team.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IT sounds to me like they are saying "This is not our place to treat this like a normal situation. It's up to Congress to decide based on the information within." If that's right, I think that is the absolute correct action by the DOJ and Barr.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

I'd really like to know what's in it.

I knew that even if this report was a big neon sign that said "He fucking did it", he wasn't going to be hauled out of the white house in handcuffs. However I'd really like to know what all is in it. It sounds like other legal proceedings are still on the table though.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I predicted way back that everyone would turn on Mueller the way they turned on Hillary once she lost the election, I am a prophet! He lived long enough to become the villain.

I don't even feel mad, I already felt disappointment with the 9/11 report, Saudi Arabia not being punished, the Bush admin getting away with their crimes. It's the way the world works. I went into this with zero expectations.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
IT sounds to me like they are saying "This is not our place to treat this like a normal situation. It's up to Congress to decide based on the information within." If that's right, I think that is the absolute correct action by the DOJ and Barr.

That's basically how I read it too. It's also why the report needs to be made public.

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Except this split Congress couldn't agree on whether the sky is blue.

Pelosi's already on the record saying she doesn't want to begin impeachment proceedings without substantial evidence, and this ain't it.

This is a win for Trump, no question.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
So, they didn't have evidence of collusion. Interested to see if they release the full report.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
So they have to make the full report public.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
So Barr did exactly as expected. Clean this shit up and sanitize it.

Subpeona's, please! In short order!

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Very strong possibility that this will be essentially Mueller saying:

"Here's a shitload of evidence that suggests the POTUS has done a shitload of awful things, but I can't indict him and the DOJ can't make a typical prosecutorial decision because he's the POTUS. Now it's up to Congress and the Senate to decide if this justifies impeachment."

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, according to that letter in order to obstruct justice they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump did something criminal that he's trying to stop? What? That doesn't make sense.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Shame the media went along with shifting goalposts to the point where "definitive proof of collusion" was the only bar that mattered in this entire thing.

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I'd really like to know what's in it.

I knew that even if this report was a big neon sign that said "He fucking did it", he wasn't going to be hauled out of the white house in handcuffs. However I'd really like to know what all is in it. It sounds like other legal proceedings are still on the table though.

Anybody who thought they were going to indict a sitting president has not been paying attention to anything. Many cases have been handed off to other districts for prosecution, Stone is still being arranged, Flynn, Gates, etc.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Very strong possibility that this will be essentially Mueller saying:

"Here's a shitload of evidence that suggests the POTUS has done a shitload of awful things, but I can't indict him and the DOJ can't make a typical prosecutorial decision because he's the POTUS. Now it's up to Congress and the Senate to decide if this justifies impeachment."

That's precisely what this looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.