• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be hilarious if they just televised Mueller and Trump sitting at a table, while Mueller goes through and tries to explain the report to him.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Mueller is so much smarter than that its hard to know what hes thinking.

I would imagine he's pissed that there's a corrupt administration in the white house, pissed that Barr is going to selectively put out his report, but probably optimistic about what the other prosecutors are going to do with the invesitgations he passed off to them.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Could Barr literally receive cold, hard proof that Trump is a criminal, a traitor, a puppet of Russia, and just write a report that says Trump is entirely innocent, and there is nothing to see here?

Other people will get to see Mueller's report, right? What worries me is that if Russia IS behind all this, then they will have thought of everything, and Barr will just do his traitorous duties.
It would be very risky of Barr to give something to Congress that is rife with inaccuracies. Congress can subpoena for at least some of the underlying hard evidence (I believe there's precedent for things that relate to national security, not hard to make that case in this instance) and they can also bring Mueller into testify and ask him directly if what Barr has told them diverges from his findings. Basically, if Barr tries to cover things up it's likely that it would be found out and made public through Congressional means.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It would be very risky of Barr to give something to Congress that is rife with inaccuracies. Congress can subpoena for at least some of the underlying hard evidence (I believe there's precedent for things that relate to national security, not hard to make that case in this instance) and they can also bring Mueller into testify and ask him directly if what Barr has told them diverges from his findings. Basically, if Barr tries to cover things up it's likely that it would be found out and made public through Congressional means.
Wouldn't releasing a false or flagrantly inaccurate summary qualify as obstruction of justice?

stew

Dec 2, 2017
They could also subpoena Barr to testify, he could perjure himself.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
Honestly, Mueller is so much smarter than that its hard to know what hes thinking.

I would imagine he's pissed that there's a corrupt administration in the white house, pissed that Barr is going to selectively put out his report, but probably optimistic about what the other prosecutors are going to do with the invesitgations he passed off to them.

There was a comment on reddit politics thread, obviously take it with a grain of salt,

But this guy said his dad worked with Barr and stated that Barr has a big ego and he cares more about his reputation than risk it all for Trump. So u never know. Again this is a random dude on reddit but I saw other comments saying they heard Barr was like this as well, so maybe there is hope?

But honestly just wait till it comes out. U never know

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Attorney General William Barr is reviewing special counsel Robert Mueller's report.

He will then send what he has described as his own "report" on the Mueller investigation to the top Democrats and Republicans on the House and Senate Judiciary committees https://abcn.ws/2JBKb2G
Turning in his report of Mueller's report lol

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what's going through his mind right now? Must be sobering to utterly devote yourself to an important task for 2 years and suddenly be finished with it.
Well, as you age, time "speeds up." I doubt it felt like two years and he was probably happy to get to leave a more substantial footprint on history. Regardless of outcome, his task was monumental and he and his staff are probably proud of the work they've done to provide answers and clarity.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Damn. Wonder how long it will take for us to know the summary
You know if it were Chaffetz or Gowdy they would leak it even before they read the thing. I don't think we will get a sunnary outside of what Congress tells us. There will probably two dueling conferences .

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
We already know why Barr was picked by Trump as AG. Starting with a "report" on Mueller's report.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
A report on a report is such bullshit.

I mean obviously if things pertaining to national security were in the report, you would want those redacted in any public facing report.

I would expect subpoenas if Barr's report leaves any major questions lingering.

We already know why Barr was picked by Trump as AG. Starting with a "report" on Mueller's report.

Barr is also best friends with Mueller. He's not going to do his friend dirty by trying to make it seem like the investigation was essentially mishandled or not necessary, especially since it's resulted in convictions.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
A report on a report is such bullshit.
A report of the report fuck right the fuck off with that shit lol
This is a preliminary report to deliver the overarching conclusions to the relevant people as quickly as possible. The report is probably hundreds of pages long and any AG - regardless of political affiliation or circumstance - would have to go through the entire thing before making it available publicly. What we're seeing here is probably something along the lines of Barr getting the report yesterday, asking Mueller for bulletpoints, and Barr quintillion-checking his passing on of those bulletpoints for typos.

The actual report will come, either as soon as Barr can get through it in its entirety with Mueller and Rosenstein, or when the House subpoenas it and/or Mueller.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
fwiw the "report of the report" isn't some bullshit from Barr. It's exactly what the special counsel regulations call for.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Of course it's gonna be a report on a report, can't let the plebs know every detail. Wait for the Ken Burns Jr documentary in 50 years time.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
45 minutes to go. Y'all are way too invested in this thing - the summary isn't going to contain anything shocking or new and it won't have any recommendations. So even in a best case scenario it might reinforce a few things we already know and we'll be relitigating the same shit for years - with no smoking gun and dozens of loose ends for either other jurisdictions or to be buried by partisanship or lack of will.

I don't care what's in the summary and I'm not going to waste time today even thinking about it. I'll read a summary on Tuesday or Wednesday.

sONm3bD.gif

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
This is a preliminary report to deliver the overarching conclusions to the relevant people as quickly as possible. The report is probably hundreds of pages long and any AG - regardless of political affiliation or circumstance - would have to go through the entire thing before making it available publicly. What we're seeing here is probably something along the lines of Barr getting the report yesterday, asking Mueller for bulletpoints, and Barr quintillion-checking his passing on of those bulletpoints for typos.

The actual report will come, either as soon as Barr can get through it in its entirety with Mueller and Rosenstein, or when the House subpoenas it and/or Mueller.
Yeah I realized shortly after I posted that it does make sense if there's stuff in there that can't be made public for security reasons - which there undoubtedly are. Something still feels wrong about it though. As you said this is just a preliminary thing to satiate the public ASAP, but that also carries with it that this is what everyone sees and repeats and sticks to. So he'd better do an honest good job with it, cause if he goes "Well it's not that bad..." and everyone runs off then later he goes "...but here are the ways that it was still bad" I feel like nobody would care about the second part :\

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
45 minutes to go. Y'all are way too invested in this thing - the summary isn't going to contain anything shocking or new and it won't have any recommendations. So even in a best case scenario it might reinforce a few things we already know and we'll be relitigating the same shit for years - with no smoking gun and dozens of loose ends for either other jurisdictions or to be buried by partisanship or lack of will.

I don't care what's in the summary and I'm not going to waste time today even thinking about it. I'll read a summary on Tuesday or Wednesday.

sONm3bD.gif

Admit it, you're watching CNN right now, and F5ing for that report to be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.