• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Does this help

6xfyfk3dza3w5icndetum3hkta.jpg
The fucked yo thing is that traders, who do this on the daily would literally ignore this and rally whenever a Republican does something that is passable. Or at least not a disaster. You see it time and time again with Trump in recent years. The market loves to rally when he doesn't puke himself wet on live tv.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm kind of disappointed that people feel like this is the time to be doing victory laps about trump and the stock market. This is unprecedented and no policy decisions could have prevented this.

I think you're right in that the market would have taken a hit regardless of who was in office. A lot of this is out of the admin's hands; however, the ability of the current admin to navigate such a disaster does affect the market...and the Trump admin hasn't done a great job of navigating it so far.

Downplaying it for a few weeks to try and help his numbers meant we weren't off to a great start to begin with.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While Trump is shit, the stock market crash is not really on him.

Also the low-key celebration in this thread that the stock market crashed is kinda gross. Millions of people are about to suffer in a big way.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
real talk though: as nice as it is to be able to pin this on trump, would america having a competent administration really have done anything to prevent this? it's not just america, global markets are melting down. i doubt that if americans had not elected a clown things would be much better. the drop might be slightly less steep, i guess?
The market is going to take a hit no matter what, but I assume we would be in a much better place with a competent administration. The lack of global leadership in this crisis is obvious, even now there isn't any substantial cooperation between the US and EU concerning covid-19 for example.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
yep, this "China Virus" bullshit is them going to their safespace
At least now there's no edgy debate around the reasons people voted for him. Nope. Just boiled down to racism. He's destroyed everything else. Still has a good approval rating. So it was none of the maga promises. Truthfact.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

Also the low-key celebration in this thread that the stock market crashed is kinda gross. Millions of people are about to suffer in a big way.

If he had done literally anything instead of calling it a Democrat Hoax, we'd be in a WAY better situation.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
real talk though: as nice as it is to be able to pin this on trump, would america having a competent administration really have done anything to prevent this? it's not just america, global markets are melting down. i doubt that if americans had not elected a clown things would be much better. the drop might be slightly less steep, i guess?
The drop is in part becsuse no one believed trump will handle this well

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never thought I'd be so unhappy to see this orange cretin get his comeuppance but also not surprised he's dragging us down with him.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
The guy dismantled government offices left and right, lost credibility by constantly lying, cut funds to goverment programs that would help during this crisis and ignored warnings from medical professions for weeks. It's not entirely his fault, but he made it much much worse!

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

the crash is partially reflective OF HIS ACTIONS. denying it, calling it a hoax, hesitating to send aid or use executive powers are on him. what in the fuck at steering blame away from him

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
The guy dismantled government offices left and right, lost credibility by constantly lying, cut funds to goverment programs that would help during this crisis and ignored warnings from medical professions for weeks. It's not entirely his fault, but he made it much much worse!

I feel like if Obama was President we wouldn't be shutting down as a country. People would have test readily available and the amount of initial infections would have been lower.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is this what cheering for Trump from a distance looks like?

Fuck no i just think cheering a stock market crash because it hurts Trumps is sad because this situation is unprecedented and its going to negatively effect everyone far more than it effects Trump and had very little to do with any policy decisions he made (all though his decision to not take this seriously from the get go should be rightfully scrutinized).

Like fuck Im going to lose my job and I have old loved ones in my life that could potentially die but LOL Trumps stock market is broken.
This is way bigger than Trump, this is all just collateral damage.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
he could have reacted sooner.

He's setup the powder keg by dismantling government structures and is addressing the crisis terribly but there's was no avoiding this. Even before the fact more people will die, the world markets are crashing because people are being put into lockdown and people aren't working/buying things.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017

Edit: Also your position is bullshit (please I'm not attacking you personally). He gave a huge Tax benefit away. He got rid of the White House pandemic team. He took all the credit for the rising stock market. Stop it.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Well, his refusal to take it seriously has completely worsened the spread. he canned the pandemic response team. Even though he would never do it, he's had neary four years to put up social safety nets instead of tearing them.

So now we're going to have to have a democrat fix all the problems, start to grow an economy back, get tea party'd again, lose legislative branches cuz americans are dumbasses, and then we elect another, smarter fascist

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Fuck no i just think cheering a stock market crash because it hurts Trumps is sad because this situation is unprecedented and its going to negatively effect everyone far more than it effects Trump and had very little to do with any policy decisions he made (all though his decision to not take this seriously from the get go should be rightfully scrutinized).

Like fuck Im going to lose my job and I have old people in my life that could potentially die but LOL Trumps stock market is broken.

My whole family (save for my dad who's a GROCERY STORE MANAGER 😷🤮) is now unemployed and me and my almost retired parents are taking money out of our 401k/IRAs to get by but at the same time because EVERYONE is going to struggle from this, not just the middle class and the poor makes me want to be like yeah, fuck it, let's go full on depression. I don't feel like i'm fucked if we're all fucked together. Putting the blame on Trump and the gop is a cherry on top. REBOOT SOCIETY. It was clearly overdue.

Also be smart, stay inside, and stay safe y'all :)

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It could have been marginally better, yes, but the stock market was tanking regardless of who was President
ignoring politics for a moment- a smart responsible president would have created an environment where the US was a leader on this and one of the first to emerge and recover.

The market is of course tanking for any president - but Trump's incompetence and genuine mental and moral issues have massively increased the depth and duration of this crisis and worse - meant that where the US could be using its wealth and power to help the world out of this - we're dragging them down with us.

The Coronavirus is not Trump's fault but our hopeless and pathetic continuing reaction to it is his fault.

Every American should ask themselves the following question

1. is Trump's primary concern and focus the wellbng of the Country and its people, it his own political survival?

2. Does Trump and his cabinet have the intellectual horsepower to create an exit strategy that is the best and most rational to save lives and properly invest in the future health and welfare of the country?

3. can Trump fundamentally change or adapt his behaviors?

I'm actually just as nervous about how warped the GOP has become. They cannot be relied on for either governance or even baseline competence anymore so we're swimming upstream with one hand tied behind our backs that wouldn't have been even fifteen years ago. Hopefully voters understand that you can't hire a butcher to fix your plumbing no matter how much you love red meat.

hopefully America is seeing starkly why having a government small enough to drown in a bathtub is just infanticide with no upside.

Last edited:

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
His main mission was to take away everything Obama did. Now the growth from under Obama will disappear as well! All according to keikaku. Lol

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least he can still fall back on his massive success with building a border wall

Oh wait

maxresdefault.jpg

Jan 10, 2018

Trump literally went on camera proudly proclaiming he is a business person and thats why he fired the pandemics team.

Its squarely to this extent on him.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
And now you know why he's taking the pandemic (semi)seriously.

although his cult will probably still give him an alibi on the economy tanking and re-elect him.