• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The count is like 5 million Vs. 2 at the moment

But now we wanna talk about acceptability...

Nobody saying he ain't liable or possibly guilty

Where's this energy for John Crawford's caller who got him killed?
For the white people using police as a bully force over nothing?

Y'all so damn selective that it just makes me laugh at it all

It's possible to think all situations where a guilty person gets off is fucked up. This is only so high profile because there's a celebrity involved.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
The count is like 5 million Vs. 2 at the moment

But now we wanna talk about acceptability...

Nobody saying he ain't liable or possibly guilty

Where's this energy for John Crawford's caller who got him killed?
For the white people using police as a bully force over nothing?

Y'all so damn selective that it just makes me laugh at it all
This is ignorant beyond all belief.

The precedence this set is going to make it much harder for someone to come forward who actually was a victim of a hate crime, as they will be discredited and mocked and this will forever be used as an argument against them.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So he basically 'Rich Guy with Lawyers'd his way out of trouble. Feds probably still gonna come after him though.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I'm not and would never wish prison on the guy but he obviously did it and should at least pay a decent fine for it.

I'm black too but like there's really no reason for me to be happy he got off like some other people itt

His career is over. He's pretty much poison, he's going to pay for this via his wallet. Let's see if anyone is willing to continue to go to his shows.

His stardom is essentially over.

I don't recall people here celebrating Manafort getting off lightly
The judge in Manaforts case took account his "crimeless" life prior to his offenses.

What type of dumb shit is that and such a braindead concept would never be applied to person of color no matter how much money they had.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
This is ignorant beyond all belief.

The precedence this set is going to make it much harder for someone to come forward who actually was a victim of a hate crime, as they will be discredited and mocked and this will forever be used as an argument against them.
Oh please like that shit was not happening before.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
He did that shit but I don't care that he's getting off. Dude has some emotional issues to work through, i don't really think sending him to jail is the right thing to do.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Garagos my God. Dude got Michael Jackson off, gets Kaepernick all the money, now gets Smollett off. If you have money, this guy seems like the best investment you could make.

cut1akrw.gif

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
For the record I have zero emotional investment in Jussie going to jail or anything; honestly don't care. This case is just wild and interesting so I'm commenting on it; seems like that's true for the vast majority of posters... not really seeing many people pissed off other thant he assumption it was him "paying to get his record claned" which is false.

They fucked something up, and I wanna know what lol

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As an attorney with criminal defense experience, let me say:

Chicago PD fucked something up. Forfeiture of 10k bail isn't shit, it's literally nothing, this isn't a case of buying your way out. I've had clients not show up to court and forfeit waaaay more than that and their case never went away, they still faced charges every time.

After the massive PR campaign they were doing, for them to then suddenly drop all charges without any plea deal tells me something fishy is going on for sure. Will be interested to see if Jussie turns around and sues the department in civil proceedings. If not, then there's something really weird here.

The state's attorney who recused herself influencing this agreement potentially complicates things.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Of course the leader of all the pigs at the trough is furious that the black gay man they were hoping to make an example of looks to be getting off.
Faked a hate crime
Sent fake anthrax in the mail
Had two people he knows rough him up
Ready to send two innocent people to jail for a hate crime until he see's who the cops brought in are his buddies.

And that's what you focus on? You wouldn't be furious at that if you were in charge of your department?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago PD played themselves I guess.

Smollett is still a dumbfuck, but at the very least I hope this incident teaches him humility instead of enabling him.

Time will tell I suppose.

Probably the most fascinating events surrounding a crime I've seen in a while.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
What are you talking about.. no one has even said anything about Jussie needing to be in jail. Everyone is wondering what happened with the case and if theres new info. Just looking for some shit to stir
Considering i was bombarded by people clearly wanting for him to go to jail your wrong.
Not sure why it matters he is black in this case. Filing a false report like this is not something to take lightly (assuming he did it because who knows with this latest twist).
Because gay black people face much harder times in jail than anyone else. Maybe it's better for everyone if he disappears from public consciousness.
Lol no. This is not the type of shit worthy of empathy. This is literally one of the most stupid selfish things this dude could do to the black community. If they threw the book at him he would be 100% deserving.

What we gotta do now is see how he is getting out of it.
Throw the book? You sound no different than conservatives on shit rags like the Herald and NY Post.
There are black men unjustly accused of crimes; Jussie Smollett is not one of them.
Unjustly or not that's not the point, incarceration rates in this country are insane and it's better to find other ways to reform people rather then sticking them in jail.
[/QUOTE]
Staging a hate crime only hurts actual victims of hate crimes.

He should have been made an example of.
Again this sounds like the same rhetoric that conservatives are using which helps no one and I can guarantee they don't two singular fucks about the LGBT community.
You said it's better off that he's not going to jail. That implies you believe he's innocent. Otherwise, you're saying you believe he's guilty but shouldn't have to go to jail, which is a weird thing to think.
No, I didn't learn to read. I said he can face consequences without being sent to jail. Tons of guilty don't to go to jail guy.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
If Robert Craft can get charges dropped for his case, then I am fine with Jossie Smollett having the same.

His career is over, that alone is punishment enough.
What job can he get now?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I don't know if R Kelly is still rich enough to get away with it again. Although, people on the news were speculating that the Avenatti news could be good for him.
R-Kelly tours for survival, I think....though not positive, he has more value than Smollet who was a nobody before this happened.

I just know the R-Kelly case is also Cooke county and those folks better get their shit together because that monster is long over due for jail cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.