• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's not an ideal situation, but when you've got a potentially homicidal driver, you've got to think about stopping them from killing people too.
Right because at that point you have to assume the intention is to kill and you likely already know there are children in the parade. You also don't know if the car has a bomb.

I'd probably take the shot if my line of sight was clear and I could hit the vehicle. It's always a risk though anytime you pull the trigger than an innocent person could be injured.

amphteamints

Aug 21, 2018
Unfortunately, Milwaukee
Right because at that point you have to assume the intention is to kill and you likely already know there are children in the parade. You also don't know if the car has a bomb.

I'd probably take the shot if my line of sight was clear and I could hit the vehicle. It's always a risk though anytime you pull the trigger than an innocent person could be injured.
Or, you know, killed.

Oct 25, 2017
Their goal in that situation is to take out the driver.

Like it's not ideal but in that moment you have to assume the truck is going to run over as many people as possible.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
A Christmas parade? With kids walking? Fuck, man…This reminds me of the attempted terrorist attack here in Stockholm during the busiest street of christmas shopping, who (luckily) just managed to blow himself up.

This is so fucking evil and I just can't wrap my head around these things. And they just get worser.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Looks like one of the suspects might have been identified. Don't want to post it here until it is confirmed, but he has a youtube page with a music video with what looks like the vehicle in the background.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Lets not spread names without verification.
its a horrible enough situation already, dont want to make things worse by ruining someone else's life with false accusations.
The internet is one giant game of telephone. Stuff gets out of hand fast.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
The us is so unsafe at this point. If I had kids I wouldn't even take them anywhere in public.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So you're saying that the cop should just move aside and cross his arm to watch what will happen if a car is speeding towards them and a bunch of innocent civilians?

Fuck off

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
People really trying their best to get some e-points in this thread.
Shame it's all for naught, as there's no redemption counter.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Im confused. Can you explain why once the name came out why you would ask if the poster would still shoot? "Trigger happy" doesn't follow. 🤷
Right it's not like the cops know who the driver is when they see a car ramming through barriers and heading towards a parade full of kids, nor would it matter frankly if they did know who was driving.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
I hope he doesn't get killed. I want to know why he did it. Such a senseless tragedy.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Man, what the fuck? I tried to go one weekend. One. Fucking. Weekend without paying attention to the news but of course i learn about this right before bed.

Whoever did this needs to be fucking curb stomped and thrown in prison for the rest of their life.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Looks like we have a name.

"Darrell E. Brooks Jr. of 19th Street has open charges filed November 5, 2021, in Milwaukee courts for resisting an officer (misdemeanor), felony bail jumping, second degree recklessly endangering safety (felony) with domestic abuse assessments, disorderly conduct and battery (both misdemeanors, also with domestic abuse assessments.)

He posted $1,000 cash bail on November 19, 2021.

That's despite the fact he has another open felony case in Milwaukee County, from 2020.

That case is for second-degree recklessly endangering safety – felony with use of a dangerous weapon (two counts) and possessing firearm convicted of a felony (felony charge.) The case was filed in July 2020, but it remains pending. Milwaukee County courts is dealing with a major backlog in cases."

So he has like 4 open felonies and was out in $1000 bail?

Status
Not open for further replies.