• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I watched the video (not recommended) and it seems like it could have been an accident/hit and run situation. People frequently jam on the accelerator when they mean to be hitting the breaks, and then panic when they realize they've hit something and speed off (or try to speed off).
They plowed through a long line of seemingly children. I don't see how this was an accident. At any point they could have stopped, instead of hitting the next like 10 people lined up in front of them.

Sure it could have possibly started as an accident at second one, but then after that, it was just murder.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I watched the video (not recommended) and it seems like it could have been an accident/hit and run situation. People frequently jam on the accelerator when they mean to be hitting the breaks, and then panic when they realize they've hit something and speed off (or try to speed off).
Depends on if the gunfire part is accurate. If they were firing from the car too, then it would be a deliberate act. But even without that, something like this has to be deliberate.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Some of y'all need to learn when to just shut the fuck up when you don't have anything to offer a situation.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Driving into a Christmas parade is what the GOP wants?
One could argue that the GOP has been encouraging more and more chaos (especially violent) chaos throughout the country, as that fosters fear, which helps them get elected. If you look at the laws they pass, it's a reasonable conclusion to make.

But there's too little information for now to know what the perpetrator(s) were trying to accomplish.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

you missed the other videos where they drove through barriers / down miles of road behind the parade to get to the portion where they run people down... that was no accident.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
For anyone even THINKING this could conceivably be called an accident... do a bit more research. There are lots of videos of the vehicle accelerating down the road, past parade members and families on the roadside. They may have tried to avoid going straight through, but they definitely committed to hitting people.

Not to mention the video of them fleeing the scene and sounds of shots being fired (No definitive evidence that gunfire came from WITHIN the van, but it sounded like it... easily could have been someone shoot AT them too though I suppose.).

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Inappropriate joke
They plowed through a long line of seemingly children. I don't see how this was an accident. At any point they could have stopped, instead of hitting the next like 10 people lined up in front of them.

Sure it could have possibly started as an accident at second one, but then after that, it was just murder.

What if after they accidentally hit the first person, the crowd chased them, so they drove through other people in self-defense? /s

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Can y'all seriously stop with the smarmy comments alluding to Rittenhouse. This tragedy is not your opportunity to get some jabs in at another situation. Christ.

You aren't making a brilliant point. You're being insensitive to basically say "I told you so!"

Some of you sound just as deranged as the people on Twitter blaming this on Democrats angry at the Rittenhouse verdict.

As in every thread like this: WAIT FOR OFFICIAL NEWS
it's like people forgot that one time the internet thought they knew who the boston marathon bomber was and ending up pinning it on a man who was dead for days

Last edited:

Leclair

May 3, 2021
Denmark
i don't know who did this or why but they can go to hell

edit: and yes, please wait before you start blaming whatever ideology you think did it, I've seen so many situations where someone swear one creed was behind something only for them to be dead wrong
Yeah. I remember back 10 years ago with the massacre on Utøya in Norway. Less than 30 minutes after the news broke, before anyone knew anything, a Danish news station had a guest on from a right winged(racist) party and started to talk about radical Islamic terror. Both the station and the guest ended up looking real fucking stupid real quick.
So yeah, let's maybe all chill with putting an agenda on this horrible event for now.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Some of you sound just as deranged as the people on Twitter blaming this on Democrats angry at the Rittenhouse verdict.

As in every thread like this: WAIT FOR OFFICIAL NEWS
Yeah I just saw a bunch of comments on twitter looking at this and saying "looks like the riots of the left have begun"

people are getting so god damn brainwashed.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the gunfire coming from the vehicle, or is it someone firing at the vehicle? Or is it too early to tell?

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Standard protocol is to shut up and wait for confirmation of the details. We don't know anything about the motivation behind this yet.

My heart breaks for Wisconsin once again.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Can y'all seriously stop with the smarmy comments alluding to Rittenhouse. This tragedy is not your opportunity to get some jabs in at another situation. Christ.

Yeah, this is pretty gross along with the GOP accusations.

Please just leave it at the door until we know more. I understand the desire, but read the room.

RIP to the victims & families.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sheltering at home, not within the 1/2 mile but darn close. Horrible stuff.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Looks like they're starting to prep for the press conference (I don't have a direct link to the live feed, but it's the video at the top of the story)

here

EDIT: press conference has been pushed out to 8pm (30 minutes from now)

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Edit: Posted one page 1

This girl is lucky to be alive.

She wasn't hit, but look at that speed

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
What if after they accidentally hit the first person, the crowd chased them, so they drove through other people in self-defense? /s
Yeah with the speed they were going surrounded by people, driving through the barriers, then plowing over children, this was no accident or panic situation.

Also, if you're fleeing like in a car chase or the like, you don't drive INTO the barriers and the police, you drive away from them, nevermind that apparently nobody was following them.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Where did they find the vehicle?

This is no accident.
It looks like they found it in a driveway. And unless there is an alley behind it, it looks like he literally took the time to back into the space.
Not everyone wants to watch a video where people are getting mowed down. The question was fine.
This is literally a thread about the situation, with testimonials if you don't want to watch a video. I don't blame anyone for being annoyed at a post saying "hey it's page three, can someone explain this to me so I don't have to catch up?"

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Acts of violence against women, minorities, and leftists by utilizing vehicles is, yes. At any and every opportunity.

Let's not derail the conversation with incredulousness directed at those pointing out the violent rhetoric and actions of the GOP, their mouthpieces, and their constituency.

Just going to ignore those showing their true colors in replying to this comment. If you are burying your head after the verdict, I don't know what to say. I see you.
Some of you need to step back and actually read what you post, jesus christ.
How is any of this even appropriate when we barely know about the details of this situation?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I watched the video, that's no accident nor is it a simple drug intoxication like booze, that's intentional, seems to target that band of kids as lots of other opportunities of people getting hit were missed.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019

Depends on if the gunfire part is accurate. If they were firing from the car too, then it would be a deliberate act. But even without that, something like this has to be deliberate.

you missed the other videos where they drove through barriers / down miles of road behind the parade to get to the portion where they run people down... that was no accident.
I just saw the video of the initial impacts. If they were driving on the parade route long before that, they still may have just have been an irresponsible idiot. Or drunk/high. And people frequently panic when they hit things, accelerating instead of breaking, and then trying to escape the scene when they realize what they've done.

There is no question that the driver is guilty of assault, manslaughter, and fleeing the scene, regardless of intent. And I'm not suggesting it was an "accident" in the sense that they took their eyes off the road for a second or something.

Or, they were committing a terror attack.

I hope the motives of the driver are soon made clear.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
What makes this even more fucked up is it happening to children right before the holidays.

Obviously it's fucked no matter the time of year, but their parents were probably already buying presents and had calendars counting down to it.

Gives me Sandy Hook flashbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.