• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Jesse was my favorite. :)

Apr 14, 2018
The blame space thread derail illustrates why I love this community so much. ❤ Glad you're ok, sir!

On topic: I am definitely in the minority of being okay with Walter not dying at the end of the show. The show skirted around being almost comic bookian from the end of S2, so I can forgive a silly ass scene of Walt waking up in a hospital surrounded by cops if it leads to more genuinely good entertainment.

I love Breaking Bad, but it's no Sopranos. If Vince wants to have some fun with the material and get Cranston back into the best role of his career, I'm all for it.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
giphy.gif

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

IVE BEEN WORRIED SICK YOU DINGUS

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
No, it doesn't. It's already been proven factually incorrect by Better Call Saul.

But such is the subpar spatula way.
Better Call Saul focuses on Saul. Breaking Bad focuses on Walt. When you kill off a significant portion of the show then you don't have that show anymore. No one tuned in for the Adventure's of Jesse because Jesse wasn't interesting.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
This is going to be so good.

I thought it Was going to be theatrical but could this turn into another show? That would be badass.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
And this movie is going to focus on Jesse.

I know this is a lot to take in, despite it being the literal topic of the thread.
Then it'll be a bore to a lot of BB fans. BB was carried by Walt. We watched for Walt / Heisenberg. Jesse was just a character Walt uses. Like, imagine if Walt died with Gus somehow and the last 8 episodes was about Jesse.

Maybe you'll understand when these come out, but there's going to be a lot of, "wow breaking bad sucks without Walt" because he was the main fucking character.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Then it'll be a bore to a lot of BB fans. BB was carried by Walt. We watched for Walt / Heisenberg. Jesse was just a character Walt uses. Like, imagine if Walt died with Gus somehow and the last 8 episodes was about Jesse.

Maybe you'll understand when these come out, but there's going to be a lot of, "wow breaking bad sucks without Walt" because he was the main fucking character.

Again, Better Call Saul proved this to be factually incorrect.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
After watching the first couple of seasons of BCS I will never doubt Gilligan again. I doubt this will be called, "Breaking Bad; The Movie" or something terrible. I have faith in this dude.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Again, Better Call Saul proved this to be factually incorrect.
Better Call Saul isn't a show about Walter White. I gotta ask... you know that right? It's an entirely different show with a different lead right? You may as well say Breaking Bad without Walt can work because Arrow exists: of course, they're 2 different shows. To deny how important Walt is to BREAKING BAD is quite odd.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I might have agreed with you before Vince proved otherwise with Better Call Saul.

BCS is the prequel to BB I didn't know I needed.

I fully expect this film to be a coda that will deliver a profound and warranted sendoff for a character whose fate at the conclusion of BB was ambiguous at best.

In Gilligan I trust. :)

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I see no way this doesn't turn out dumb, but I also said the same thing about Better Call Saul, so I'll give Gilligan the benefit of the doubt.
Vince Gilligan isn't in the business of writing dumb entertainment. The fact that BB and BCS are so damn brilliant despite being plotted on the fly is a testament to the formidable talents of Gilligan and his collaborators.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
... Oh my god, your entire argument is based around the title of the movie, which isn't official and is only being referred to as "Breaking Bad" because that's what it is a spin-off of.

Holy shit.
Your argument is that it's a spinoff. They were quick to call Better Call Saul a prequel spinoff early in the early days. Just being consistent here. Are you?

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
This is a Breaking Bad movie. Not a Breaking Bad spin off. You have no reason to believe it's a spin-off until they say it is.

Does it really matter if it's a spin off or not? Better Call Saul continues and grows the universe based around all the characters that were directly associated with Walt. Regardless of if it's called Breaking Bad or not, Better Call Saul IS Breaking Bad without Walter White and it's damn good.

Jesse is a HUGE fan favorite, and Breaking Bad grew to be just as much his show as it was Walts. The last season in general was all about redeeming and saving Jesse, because that's what everyone wanted and the movie will give the conclusion to his arc that people wanted. Frankly, Walt had evolved into so much of an asshole/villain, I was more on Jesse side by the end and was actively cheering him on when he turned on Walt. I hated he had to go through everything he had to deal with.

This movie will do very well. With, or without Walter White.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So your argument is? You seem to be grasping considering you think I am. How do you not see that?

Stop asking condescending questions when you are backed into the corner of an argument.

I am grasping at nothing. Vince has proven with Better Call Saul that he can make spin-offs in the Breaking Bad universe work. We have actual proof of this.

Meanwhile, you have made literally zero valid arguments against it and you've ignored other posters who have made valid points because you know it's hard to refute them.

I know this is your whole thing. It's crazy that you still do this in threads. But seriously man, enough. It's exhausting.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Stop asking condescending questions when you are backed into the corner of an argument.

I am grasping at nothing. Vince has proven with Better Call Saul that he can make spin-offs in the Breaking Bad universe work. We have actual proof of this.

Meanwhile, you have made literally zero valid arguments against it and you've ignored other posters who have made valid points because you know it's hard to refute them.

I know this is your whole thing. It's crazy that you still do this in threads. But seriously man, enough. It's exhausting.
It is being referred as a Breaking Bad movie. It could just book end everything, but it's still media -- currently named Breaking Bad -- without Walter White. If you don't get why people are hesistent as to why they may not like it then that's on you. A lot watched to see Walt. Until they come out and say it's a Jesse sequel and not a Breaking Bad sequel then these types of arguments will always appear because Walter is one damn fine good character.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It's interesting certainly. Gilligan has earned faith in his projects

Breaking Bad I've not seen since the OG run. The central conceit of the show, the 'Mr Chips to Scarface' or Walt's expression of 'I am Awake', as he'd been sleepwalking his way through middle class suburban life, was very well done

Saul is a riveting watch but to me it lacks that punch as a through-line, and the continuing story of Jesse I don't see resonating as strongly with me either.

Still, I doubt it will be a half measures project

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It is being referred as a Breaking Bad movie. It could just book end everything, but it's still media -- currently named Breaking Bad -- without Walter White. If you don't get why people are hesistent as to why they may not like it then that's on you. A lot watched to see Walt.

And again, for the 50th time, Better Call Saul is media in the Breaking Bad universe that follows a non-Walter White character and it is one of the most acclaimed pieces of media on television for the past few years.

Just like this movie is going to be media in the Breaking Bad universe that follows a non-Walter White character.

There is no difference and to base an argument around that is ignorant. Stop talking about Walter not being in it. It's not a factor. This is known.

And stop mentioning the potential name of the damn movie. It literally doesn't matter in this argument.

chromefrog

Nov 26, 2017

Nah, Jesse, Gus and Hank were equally as compelling as Walt.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Better Call Saul focuses on Saul. Breaking Bad focuses on Walt. When you kill off a significant portion of the show then you don't have that show anymore. No one tuned in for the Adventure's of Jesse because Jesse wasn't interesting.
This is a Breaking Bad movie. Not a Breaking Bad spin off. You have no reason to believe it's a spin-off until they say it is.
It's like you try your hardest to inject every thread you post in with as many bad faith arguments as possible.

Better Call Saul is a prequel to Breaking Bad that focuses on a character who isn't Walt, and is excellent.

This movie is a sequel to Breaking Bad that focuses on a character who isn't Walt.

Based on Gilligan's track record, it would be silly to conclude that this will be bad simply because it doesn't focus on Walt.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017

No way man, Jesse was just as if not more interesting than Walt by the end of the show. I thought his journey was just as compelling as Walt's.

As others have said, BCS proves that you don't need Walt to make a story in the world of Breaking Bad compelling.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
And again, for the 50th time, Better Call Saul is media in the Breaking Bad universe that follows a non-Walter White character and it is one of the most acclaimed pieces of media on television for the past few years.

Just like this movie is going to be media in the Breaking Bad universe that follows a non-Walter White character.

There is no difference and to base an argument around that is ignorant. Stop talking about Walter not being in it. It's not a factor. This is known.

And stop mentioning the potential name of the damn movie. It literally doesn't matter in this argument.
When they call it anything but Breaking Bad then my position will change. Til then? It's Breaking Bad without Walt.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
When they call it anything but Breaking Bad then my position will change. Til then? It's Breaking Bad without Walt.

So you're just going to keep ignoring reality so that you can continue making bad faith arguments, as another poster pointed out above.

Of course, you're ignoring the other people who have called you out for this crap. Selective replying is fun.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
So you're just going to keep ignoring reality so that you can continue making bad faith arguments, as another poster pointed out above.

Of course, you're ignoring the other people who have called you out for this crap. Selective replying is fun.
Why should I defend myself on things I don't believe I am doing? I am not going to give validity to that. I am smarter than that to get dragged into that argumentative technique.

KingT

Oct 30, 2017
As long as Vince Gilligan involved count me in. Loved both of his works (BB & BCS).

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
lmao this movie is not going to be titled Breaking Bad: XXXXXXX
I bet it's gonna start with a B tho, whatever it is.

This is a Breaking Bad sequel as Better Call Saul was a Breaking Bad prequel. It's not hard to understand in the slightest. In fact, it's obvious as fuck.