• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This is kinda nuts. Pretty hard to film anything in secret these days! Via Slashfilm:

The movie has been largely shrouded in secrecy, but we broke the news that it will be a sequel to Breaking Bad following Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) after his escape from Nazi captivity in the Breaking Bad series finale.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Odenkirk spoke briefly about the movie:

"I've heard so many different things about it, but I am excited about the Breaking Bad movie. I can't wait to see it…I don't know what people know and don't know. I find it hard to believe you don't know it was shot. They did it. You know what I mean? How is that a secret? But it is. They've done an amazing job of keeping it a secret."

The Breaking Bad movie is going to hit Netflix and AMC sometime in 2020

What are your hopes and expectations of this movie, Era?

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
As long as all the original creative staff is behind it, I look forward to seeing it.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is going to tie in at all with the next season of better call saul.

Hype.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Hell yea I was not expecting this at all
giphy.gif

I really really hope they don't fuck this up though

OP
OP
cognizant

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Actually I hope this doesn't turn out to be related to that mediocre looking trailer starring Aaron Paul we saw very recently...

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't sound like Bob Odenkirk is actually in it, which is interesting given how easily they could have integreated his BCS flash forward scenes.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
WTF, Bob, is this really how Vince wanted to spill the beans? lol

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I misread this thread title at first as, "Breaking News: Bad Movie Has Already Been Filmed."

I was confused.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it would explain the two year delay between BCS seasons 4 and 5.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they built a secret filming studio beneath an industrial washing facility beforehand.

But on a serious note I can imagine it being easy to keep a secret since the interest in Breaking Bad seems to have died down a bit since it ended so long ago and whatever they're filming it will probably not require a huge set or something else that is flashy and hard to hide.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
And now I'm reminded of Better Call Saul, and now I can't wait for the next season to trickle out. Man I hate waiting for this awesome show. Gus!! Mike!! Nacho!!

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Jessie and Saul team up to open a highly successful CBD store.

Please, just let them have it.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's already being filmed.

Heard thru the grapevine they were doing dailies in Albuquerque

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So how do they get Cranston in here? You think via flashbacks? Or, do you think he plays a kind of conscious/ghost to Jessie?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Better Call Saul should give anybody faith on this. Vince Gilligan is a wizard.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what this could be about, I didn't really like Jesse through most of the original series

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I always pictured a Jesse movie picking up when he had a family and is forced to start cooking "Blue" again to make ends meet for whatever reason similar to Walt in S1. It'll be interesting to see the direction they take.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
I wonder if the patience on talking about it is because it'll end up being a prelude to the next season of Better Call Saul. Those Instagram teases certainly suggested SOMETHING was coming soon, but it's been a while now.