• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 27, 2017
California
Man I can't wait for Riverside county to go to shit for thinking they're above this virus.
Sidenote: I'm in Riverside county :|

I'm in Menifee and starting to see more people go with no masks
Shits over man, the county only got a break because of the downpour when the quarantine started

good luck LA, it'll be tough and mask rebels are growing in numbers unfortunately

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
"Or else what?"
Also before everyone jumps on me, I've been wearing a mask when outside since Day 0.
I'm just wondering if there will actually be consequences (besides getting COVID) because I feel like that's the only way people will stop acting like idiots.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"Or else what?"
Also before everyone jumps on me, I've been wearing a mask when outside since Day 0.
I'm just wondering if there will actually be consequences (besides getting COVID) because I feel like that's the only way people will stop acting like idiots.
That could also lead to problems. If say police start having to enforce guess whose going to be punished more. Spoiler white people will be fine.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen plenty of peeps here in LA not even wearing masks inside or places deemed necessary. Most people just don't give a shit and are selfish pricks...

Literally heard a group today that said "thank god we don't have to cover our face here just because of some government experiment bullshit" inside a building after I said loudly to my wife "uh...I thought we were supposed to wear masks here". Sigh.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
Here in the OC, I'd say like maybe 30% of people I see out in the street are wearing face coverings. Most are not unfortunately. :/.

But some businesses require face masks to enter.

Oct 27, 2017
I know some councilmembers were against this bc you know LAPD is gonna enforce it discriminately against certain people, which i can agree with. Most people I see in Little Tokyo are wearing them, while most of the homeless people from Skid Row I've seen haven't, which if they're requiring this, then they need a push to make them avaliable.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't really change much for me. I already wear a mask whenever I'm outside unless I'm doing something basic like taking out the trash or getting the mail

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
There's a way for disadvantaged people to get masks right? They're cheap, affordable and easy to find? The State is providing them free-of-charge to citizens who are most in need? The BaME citizens and PWs who are most likely to die from Covid-19? The police are going to be sensible and equitable when it comes to enforcing this?

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
They should be saying Los Angeles County residents must wear face masks CORRECTLY when outside their homes. The number of people I've seen wearing masks and not covering their nose has been amazing.
That's not even an LA thing. I've seen people not wearing the covering around the nose as if somehow nostrils are impervious to this.

Man I can't wait for Riverside county to go to shit for thinking they're above this virus.
Sidenote: I'm in Riverside county :|
Wait, when has Riverside not been shit? šŸ˜‹

Highly doubt this would stand in court
If LA declares it a state of emergency, it could. It is the hardest hit county in the state as cases and deaths continue to rise.

As far as mask usage goes, I see more people than not wearing them. It's almost always you-know-who not wearing them.
. . . hrm. That can mean anything, it can mean the affluent (typically white) or it can mean people who can't really afford them.

I know some councilmembers were against this bc you know LAPD is gonna enforce it discriminately against certain people, which i can agree with. Most people I see in Little Tokyo are wearing them, while most of the homeless people from Skid Row I've seen haven't, which if they're requiring this, then they need a push to make them avaliable.
Yeah, they need to give face coverings out for free.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you need face covering outside to stem this virus. We have very little mask wearing here in Ireland even in shops. Handwashing and social distancing seems to work. Walking past people on the street doesn't seem like it is spreading he virus all the much if at all.

Supermarkets probably best to wear one as it can be hard to keep your distance, but maybe 20% of people do in shops here.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Wearing a mask is not just for being around people in your immediate vicinity, just to be clear. It also keeps saliva droplets off of objects around you. Keep in mind all the touchable objects around you as you walk around without a mask, even if it's in a wide-open area with no people around right this moment.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen plenty of peeps here in LA not even wearing masks inside or places deemed necessary. Most people just don't give a shit and are selfish pricks...

Literally heard a group today that said "thank god we don't have to cover our face here just because of some government experiment bullshit" inside a building after I said loudly to my wife "uh...I thought we were supposed to wear masks here". Sigh.

Yeah I see a fair number of people at Ralph's with their masks pulled down and hanging around their necks. And they're all 50+ white dudes with incredibly smug looks on their faces pretty much daring anyone to call them on it. This is the end result of the Fox News phenomenon and the long term campaign to get comfortable white Americans to believe they know more than lifelong experts on subjects completely outside their knowledge base. Nothing left to do but protect yourself as best you can and hope you and your loved ones are alive long enough to get the vaccine.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I wish they would implement this in Vancouver. Our Medical officers always seem to downplay asymptomatic transmission as being so minor (not enough viruses in aerosols to matter). Wash hands and social distancing - which is now being relaxed. Ugh I'm gonna be a hermit for the next 3 weeks.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think you need face covering outside to stem this virus. We have very little mask wearing here in Ireland even in shops. Handwashing and social distancing seems to work. Walking past people on the street doesn't seem like it is spreading he virus all the much if at all.

Supermarkets probably best to wear one as it can be hard to keep your distance, but maybe 20% of people do in shops here.

Please wear a mask.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Wearing masks outside generally seems excessive, as long as proper distance is maintained. On the other hand, in shops and in public transit, it should absolutely be required.
Also a bit unrealistic to assume you could ever police an order like this

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Wearing masks outside generally seems excessive, as long as proper distance is maintained. On the other hand, in shops and in public transit, it should absolutely be required.
Also a bit unrealistic to assume you could ever police an order like this
They should have been doing this for weeks now.

One gust of wind can take a sneeze and carry it places. We don't even know how many particles it takes to infect someone. Why bother taking the risk. It's like people want to be on lockdown forever.

"it can't happen to me" until it does

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Emm no

Emm no. Or gloves. Majority of people are clueless on how to actually handle infected PPE so is a waste of resources that could be used in hospitals.

Wash your hands, keep your distance, don't visit people in their homes. That's proven to work. And has reduced the virus in my country.

When are you, 2 months ago? Please wear a mask. It will protect nurses and doctors as it will lessen their load.
Just washing your hands is not going to protect anyone.

Oct 27, 2017
When are you, 2 months ago? Please wear a mask. It will protect nurses and doctors as it will lessen their load.
Just washing your hands is not going to protect anyone.

I'm now. We've been in lockdown for nearly two months in Ireland, without mandating facemasks outside of some very specific situations. Handwashing and social distancing are extremely effective in curbing this virus and we are expecting loosening of our restrictions next week as a result.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
They need to publicize this more and definitely other counties should follow. I'm in OC (Irvine) and I still see lots of people without masks. A lot of the time it's dog walkers on the sidewalk and such but just the other day I had to drive through the Diamond Jamboree parking lot and it was almost as packed as it used to be and like only around half of people wore masks.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
They have a rep to protect. :rollseyes: at people not wearing one

I wear my mask all the time.

Nope. Our surrounding counties are getting infected way worse and Garcetti taking no chances. I have to respect that. Even though I will be suffering more in my wallet.

Which counties around LA are reporting higher rate of infection?

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
I believe OC and San Bernadino areas. San Bernadino county are only required to be worn when working. Or unless they changed it

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for this. It seems like studies show that countries who embrace masks have overall lower numbers. I don't know if it's because of the masks, or countries who are okay with this are also more likely to have more stringent measures in place.