• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao Riverside County officials said fuck no to that and social distancing.

Newsom needs to make this mandatory everywhere or its all pointless.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't wait for Riverside county to go to shit for thinking they're above this virus.
Sidenote: I'm in Riverside county :|

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
At least in my city, every store/building requires a mask or you can't come inside.

That's different. LA had that as well. Now if you leave your home even if you're not around other people you have to have a mask. Jogging, biking, watering the lawn, whatever.

I just brought the bikes out last week for my kids to play on the sidewalk outside of our house (they just go up and down about a block of five houses), I guess they need to wear masks now.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i pretty much do that already so no problem for me. don't know how they are ever gonna enforce that with homeless people.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't wait for Riverside county to go to shit for thinking they're above this virus.

Me too lol

Fuck Riverside county officials and all the idiots clamoring for masks and social distancing to not be mandatory. Idiots think virus is over or something.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised you guys didn't have this already.
It felt like most people were wearing them early on, but people got lazy in more recent weeks (at least that's what I've observed when out taking walks and such). So it's good they're requiring it now.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US

The IE stays winning. I went to Riverside to check on a friend and was surprised see very little masks at the local Staters Bros.

john_ick

Dec 4, 2018
It is mindbogglingly selfish of certain people to not wear a mask, given that the main purpose of wearing surgical/home-made masks is to protect others ("my mask protects you, your mask protects me").
Oh well, it is probably impossible to understand what goes on in the insect brains of the "muh freedom" crowd...

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
This "law" is a joke. I work in the Beverlywood area and no one around here is wearing them. No fucks given. It's a Jewish community but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Me too lol

Fuck Riverside county officials and all the idiots clamoring for masks and social distancing to not be mandatory. Idiots think virus is over or something.

Howdy neighbors I'm there with you :)

The IE stays winning. I went to Riverside to check on a friend and was surprised see very little masks at the local Staters Bros.
There were still plenty wearing them at my store, but them I'm in Calimesa which is practically on the border between SB and Riverside County.

john_ick

Dec 4, 2018
This "law" is a joke. I work in the Beverlywood area and no one around here is wearing them. No fucks given. It's a Jewish community but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it?

What is a (sad) joke is that this even needs to be a law. Considerate people voluntarily wear a mask, to protect their fellow humans (like in Japan -- where the cases are now trending downward, even without strict lockdown).

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I just got back from Walmart and it was a thing of beauty, I swear 99% of the people in there wore a mask.

Some parts of my city have their shit together, others are oblivious.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I can't say I'm gonna wear a mask when I walk my dogs at 9PM in the suburbs and routinely see no other human beings, but I've been diligent in my mask usage when interacting with society. I keep one in my car, and one near the door in the rare case someone swings by.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, this is not the way this should be done. I don't agree with this.

They should be saying Los Angeles County residents must wear face masks CORRECTLY when outside their homes. The number of people I've seen wearing masks and not covering their nose has been amazing.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

Riverside, San Bernardino, and (I think) San Diego have all asked Newsom to accelerate opening everything in their counties. Basically, go back to where it was on March 15th right now.

I think the only thing they haven't requested is for large concerts and gatherings of that kind.

He already gave an inch by allowing the sparsely populated northern counties to do it, now the IE counties are trying to take a mile.

As far as mask usage goes, I see more people than not wearing them. It's almost always you-know-who not wearing them.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Don't think it is quite necessary in open areas where you can easily avoid people, but course I always keep a mask on hand to use.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He already gave an inch by allowing the sparsely populated northern counties to do it, now the IE counties are trying to take a mile.

As far as mask usage goes, I see more people than not wearing them. It's almost always you-know-who not wearing them.
Pretty much.

the lack of consequences has not helped.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy that they're doing this, people had been taking it seriously in my area but lately I've been noticing a few more people without one.

How does this work in restaurants if/when they open?

unlqBEL.gif

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
The other day at the sandwich shop this completely roasted old white geezer stumbles in without a mask. The clerk tells him three times to put on a mask, and he grumbles and pulls it out of his pocket and sort of half puts it on to order his food. I leave as fast as I can, passing his parked wreck of a 370z in the parking lot (ignition on, motor running).

Yesterday I saw a black family going for a walk. mom and dad had their masks off their noses, presumably because it's hot and hard to breathe through on a family walk. The kids masks were not tight on their faces and were sort of dangling around their necks.

I really wonder which of these scenarios our local sheriff would more rigorously enforce.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Unless the fines are severe and readily given out, this amounts to nothing.
People here largely don't care. A notable amount don't have masks on them, and even more wear them wrong or simply just hang them from their neck.