• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
Gregory McMichael, aged 64, and Travis McMichael, aged 34, were detained on Thursday by the state bureau of investigation.

They were both charged with murder and aggravated assault, investigators said in a statement.

Mr Arbery, 25, was jogging in February when he was confronted by the pair.

The failure to bring charges against the McMichaels, who are white, in the weeks after the shooting provoked widespread outrage.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced late on Thursday that both men had been taken into custody.

The bureau said the father and son had confronted Mr Arbery with two firearms, and it was the younger McMichael who shot and killed him.

I've seen somewhere the possibility of a third suspect. Story is developing.

Edit: I misread. They are looking for the individual who sat on the evidence in the murder and released the tape later.

www.bbc.com

Ahmaud Arbery: Father and son charged with murder of US black jogger

Ahmaud Arbery was on a residential street in February when he was confronted by the pair.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
It's about fucking time

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
This is good news, but I have to take a moment to remember how a lot of these cases end up. Still, I'm hopeful.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's still crazy he died in February and this is just now going down.

Imagine if there was no video. Imagine all the others that never had video.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Odds that they don't simply walk? Self-defense is such an easy argument and that's obviously the direction they're going to go.

See: Trayvon Martin.
Cast doubt on why he was jogging in that area, bring up "not an angel" history, say they were in fear for their life. That's the playbook. I have no faith that this won't work.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Cast doubt on why he was jogging in that area, bring up "not an angel" history, say they were in fear for their life. That's the playbook. I have no faith that this won't work.
agree. we've seen it work too many times. plus, former cop, etc.

There's plenty of this encounter that is NOT on film. That's opportunity for a good lawyer to paint a scenario to achieve reasonable doubt. Unlike Palpaltine, the dead cannot speak.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. This murder was fucking obscene. I do not know how black people in this country are able to deal with this shit-- it's an every day horror show. Hoping there's some form of justice here for a change.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Also, I'm sure these guys will hit bank on GoFundMe and a get a top notch legal team a la Zimmerman.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
yeah, this case will be drawn out for like a year or so, they'll get acquitted, and everyone will outrage for about 48 hours before some other story takes our attention away.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Makes me feel so good those fuckheads thought they got away with it and now they are scared shitless, fuck em. Hope the old fuck dies in prison and the son spends any of his meaningful life in prison.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was their neighbor. I think they roped him into helping them "track the thief" and all they did was get a murder on film
OK, found the quote I saw earlier. A defense lawyer said he's the one the released the video but he's apparently not representing anyone involved. It's not clear how he got the video.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't bring myself to watch the video. The US is fucked it took this long to arrest them and that's me basing off of the text story I read of what happened.

OP
OP
AbsoluteZero0K

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
It's still crazy he died in February and this is just now going down.

Imagine if there was no video. Imagine all the others that never had video.

I'm just realizing that this was a murder that happened in FEBRUARY!

I was kinda reading the other day when the store broke forreal, but for my mental health, I just skimmed the details and saw stills from the video.

Indeed, we wouldn't even be discussing this if not for the video. And the protests in the neighborhood even AFTER the video was released. GA state police rolled into that small town and took over jurisdiction. Local police still were not going to do anything!

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.firstcoastnews.com

Lawyer who leaked video in Ahmaud Arbery case defends his decision

The attorney who leaked the video of Ahmaud Arbery's killing says his community was being "ripped apart."

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — The attorney who leaked video of the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery says he did so in order to provide "absolute transparency" in the case.

The video ignited a firestorm of criticism and national attention, and appears to have pushed prosecutors to commit to bringing the case before a grand jury.

Alan Tucker does not currently represent the two men involved in the Feb. 23 shooting, neither of whom have been charged with any crime. But he has been publicly aligned with them.

Earlier Thursday, Tucker told First Coast News he has not been formally retained to represent Travis and Greg McMichaels because no charges have been filed against them and no arrests made in the case. The McMichaels have not commented publicly on the case.

Questions about why he leaked the video, since it seems to have generated even more controversy around the shooting and possibly more trouble for the McMichaels, have swirled in recent days.

In a statement issued via email Thursday afternoon, Tucker said, "I didn't release this [video] to 'show that they did nothing wrong,' as is being circulated. I was raised in this community. I love this community ... My sole purpose in releasing the video was absolute transparency because my community was being ripped apart by erroneous accusations and assumptions."

Tucker told First Coast News the Georgia Bureau of Investigation asked Travis McMichael for a statement, but he advised him to stick with the statement he gave police and "to keep his mouth shut."

He said the McMichaels have cooperated fully with the investigation, and that "the video has been in possession of police since day one."
[\Quote][/video]

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Good, but it took way too long.

Now don't let them off the fucking hook. Make them rot in jail.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I want the local police chief's head on a pike along with the prosecutor. It shouldn't take a video and a week of social media infamy to get them to do their job