• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

So yeah, basically what the title says.

MC Reaça was a "rapper" that composed jingles supporting Bolsonaro's campaing during the elections. Some of his lyrics degraded feminists and left-wing women, comparing them to dogs, among other atrocities.

Of course so much talent would be recognized by our dear shithead of a president. Yesterday, MC Reaça committed suicide after finding out his mistress was pregnant and beating her up. The woman is at the hospital, and Bolsonaro offered his support on Twitter... To the aggressor, of course.

I don't understand this world we're living anymore. How can this person be president?? How could so many people who are close to me, including family, vote for this monster? This is a nightmare.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand this world we're living anymore. How can this person be president?? How could so many people who are close to me, including family, vote for this monster? This is a nightmare.
because honestly people are shit

the tough thing about politics that you can't convince most (shit) people that they actually are shit people, and win an election.

edit: Nowhere as bad somehow but I've lived my life under Erdoğan so I feel you.

Oct 27, 2017
I fear our only hope at this point is to hold out until all the old asshats who elect subhuman scum like Bolsonaro die out and the young people take over again. My only fear is that the damage these rightwing morons do while in the office will be irredeemable by that time.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I fear our only hope at this point is to hold out until all the old asshats who elect subhuman scum like Bolsonaro die out and the young people take over again. My only fear is that the damage these rightwing morons do while in the office will be irredeemable by that time.

Plenty of young people are right wing as fuck

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You are who you walk with.

Bolsonaro is lower than even the lowest of shitbags, he's less than scum. Calling him "garbage" would be an enormous compliment. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. My only hope is that he ends up like the man to whom he sent his condolences.

Unfortunately there's plenty of young asshats voting for bastards like these.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Drive-by posting, inflammatory false equivalency regarding a sensitive topic.
The right wing horror is back!

Not every people that are "rights" are shit persons. Bolsonaro is just evil. There are plenty of evil people from the left too

OP
OP
Leo

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

Not every people that are "rights" are shit persons. Bolsonaro is just evil. There are plenty of evil people from the left too

So a woman gets sent to the hospital while the president of a country applauds the aggressor and you think I'm posting about it to promote "right wing horror"?

This is horror alright. If you have no sympathy, at least stay quiet.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017

This isn't the right and left of capitalism etc.
It's social conservatism versus liberalism when people say left and right here.

Racism and Sexism are conservative ideology.
It's literally the definition of the word. You know conserving existing social structures.

Nov 7, 2017
At least his days are numbered as president?

The Real is doing worse than before (it's now 4 reais to 1 USD) and his pension reform is very unpopular

JC Lately

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The sooner we stop telling ourselves this lie, the better off we'll be.

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna work, hate is passed on like the heirloom it is. Look at America.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's that quote?

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality can feel like oppression.

It is anonymous internet wisdom but that's the long and short of it. Some people want more rights for themselves. Other people think the former group getting more rights means the latter group has less rights (ostensibly true if you think oppressing the former group is your birthright which many, many people do, the world was built on these "rights" not so long ago).

And that's why they lash out and elect morally bankrupt clowns like Bolsonaro.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
those old asshats raised kids who just repackage the same hate.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just so you know, OP, for most of us it really isn't all in the title.

But also: in a morbid way it's kinda nice to know the US isn't the only country with a Trump.

Not gonna work, hate is passed on like the heirloom it is. Look at America.
Correct.

The hate movements plaguing the world are spear-head by the youth. We lost when we assumed that only old people were capable of being awful.

You can find evil people among any group but not every group runs on a platform of evil. The Right has an insidious platform.

Last edited:

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
You are who you walk with.

Bolsonaro is lower than even the lowest of shitbags, he's less than scum. Calling him "garbage" would be an enormous compliment. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. My only hope is that he ends up like the man to whom he sent his condolences.

Unfortunately there's plenty of young asshats voting for bastards like these.
is he worse than trump or same level?

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018

So yeah, basically what the title says.

MC Reaça was a "rapper" that composed jingles supporting Bolsonaro's campaing during the elections. Some of his lyrics degraded feminists and left-wing women, comparing them to dogs, among other atrocities.

Of course so much talent would be recognized by our dear shithead of a president. Yesterday, MC Reaça committed suicide after finding out his mistress was pregnant and beating her up. The woman is at the hospital, and Bolsonaro offered his support on Twitter... To the aggressor, of course.

This world has always been a battlefield against evil and ignorance. Darkness is always alive in the heart of man and waiting for an opportunity... What you are facing right now has been experienced by many people before.

Try to remember that for the world to be half decent as it is right now, many good people fight the good fight! Never surrender, and never forget.
"For it is the doom of man that they forget"

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
is he worse than trump or same level?

They're both so shitty that it's hard to quantify, but I'd say they're equally as terrible. Much like Trump, Bolsonaro built his image on the basis of "saying like it is".

They both show utter disregard for the lives of anyone that are not white males and one of the pillars in both their campaigns is selling paranoia and the idea that the white male's lifestyle is being threatened - you know, trying to push back against political correctness and all that.

Off the top of my head, here's some more aspects that really make him feel like Brazilian Trump: he has a history of inciting violence, homophobia and sexism. Lack of basic reasoning skills - which usually lead to him resorting to ad hominem in debates, which his voters love to parrot arround regardless of whether any of what he said actually makes any sense or not - , portraying himself as some sort of outsider hero to politics - even though, in this case that's not really true, he's been in politics for almost 30 years and has done shit all, etc...

But if you really wanna know how deep this shit goes, here's something a little more infuriating:

Bolsonaro is also a denier of the military dictatorship of 1964 while also revelling in its horrors. A couple of years ago our then president Dilma Roussef was impeached and, during the voting procedure, he decided it would be cool to pay a little homage to colonel Carlos Ustra, who became infamous for commanding torture sessions against Dilma during a dictatorship which, according to him, either wasn't really a dictatorship or "didn't kill enough people". Dilma was not the only one to suffer from Ustra's sadism though. Entire families were tortured under his command. People were routinely beaten, vanished, kids were used to get their parents to confess to things they didn't do. There was at least one child who was raped and killed by the military at the time. And I cannot stress this enough: all the horror you just read is only an abridged version of the crimes comitted during the military dictatorship of 64. This is the man Brazil's president looks up to. This is his version of the "good old days".

I won't elaborate on what I wish would happen to him because, after writing this paragraph, I'm definitely not in a good mental state. It took a lot more out of me than I expected.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Out of context, there are at least a few countries people wouldn't be sure this is referring to.

Fascism tends to become trendy in times of economic struggle. We're simply seeing it now on a global scale. It's real bad.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
because honestly people are shit

Unfortunately this has been my main takeaway as of late. Like, literally everyone is shit. Even myself.

The only light I see is in my sweet, nearly four year old boy.

Garbage people will go to bat for other garbage people and the cycle will continue until mankind runs itself into the ground, which might not be too far off.

Stories like this just suck the joy out of everything, and these make up the bulk of the human condition.

larrybud

Oct 25, 2017

the old asshats have many asshat children who can't wait to elevate asshattery to new and horrifying heights.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It's unbelievable that a sitting president mourns the death of a guy who beat up his pregnant mistress, then killed himself after she didn't miscarry. Jesus Christ. I have no words.