• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Before the news some context: A group of comedians that got famous in Brazil due to youtube videos made a Netflix comedy movie, where jesus is portraited as gay, this made a lot of conservatives lose their minds demanding the censorship of the movie. (more here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ortraying-jesus-as-gay-sparks-anger-in-brazil)
Integralism = type of fascism originated in the 30's in Brazil

20191225224153712473u.png

"Members of an extreme right-wing group claimed the attack on the producer of the Porta dos Fundos, which took place on the dawn of Tuesday (24/12), Christmas Eve, in Humaitá, Rio de Janeiro. In a video, which began to circulate on Thursday (25/12) on the deep web, three hooded men appear stating that the act "sought to seek justice to the Brazilian people against the blasphemous, bourgeois and anti-patriotic attitude."

"In the video, the men appear with their faces covered by balaclava, with integralist (nationalist) symbols on their arms and an empire-era Brazilian flag on the table. Images of a building being attacked, similar to the one housing the production company, are displayed. The voices were edited to make recognition difficult."

"The group calls itself the Nationalist Popular Insurgency Command of the Brazilian Integralist Family. "We are pleased to declare that the concerns arising from the popular spirit today have been partially satisfied. Porta dos Fundo decided to make an attack on the faith of the Brazilian people by hiding behind the veil of freedom of expression, "says an excerpt from the message."

(...)

source: https://www.correiobraziliense.com....reita-assume-ataque-ao-porta-dos-fundos.shtml

the video is not hard to find and some news articles have it, it shows them calling the comedy group marxists, calling them cowards do not disrespect jesus, justice, family etc fascists propaganda etc., and shows them throwing the molotovs and the building on fire. But i will leave that to the mods to decide if the video should be posted or not.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Remember that story in the bible where a group of men brought a woman accused of adultery before Jesus for judgement and he drew up blueprints for a Molotov cocktail in the dirt?

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Repeating Brazil a bit here but... Integralists were (and are) such fucking losers that it's genuinely laughable that a group would actually pick that name and "ideology" back up nowadays, it actually sounds like a joke to say "neo-integralist" or something like that. But yeah, fuck these guys.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
bourgeois and anti-patriotic attitude

Yeah, because the churches aren't wealthy bourgeois, and Jesus was born on Brazil

Religious fundamentalists are a problem in the whole world. Evangelicals giving money like crazy to right wing fuckers like Bolsonaro will be our doom in South America

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
"
Brazilian Fascist terrorist group claims molotov attack in the office responsible for a Christmas Comedy Movie portraying Jesus as Gay
"

Is it just me or is this around the wrong way?

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The Netlfix special is great but last year's was a lot better. The 12 apostles waking up drunk after The Last Super trying to remember what the hell happened in the previous night is the best religious plot ever created. I believe both of them have English subtitles.

Oh, needless to say Bolosnaro didn't condemn the attack...

OP
OP

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netlfix special is great but last year's was a lot better. The 12 apostles waking up drunk after The Last Super trying to remember what the hell happened in the previous night is the best religious plot ever created. I believe both of them have English subtitles.

Oh, needless to say Bolosnaro didn't condemn the attack...
i watched because of the repercussion, but i didnt liked it, my conclusion after watching is that the country is very insane for all the rage against the movie, and very very homophobic.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
i watched because of the repercussion, but i didnt liked it, my conclusion after watching is that the country is very insane for all the rage against the movie, and very very homophobic.
The rage against the movie comes from the people that are so religious that they decided to vote for candidates that celebrate guns and death... unfortunately the country is very homophobic all around but most don't really care about the existence of this movie.

Last year's special was the one that won the Emmy, maybe they didnt do a good job with localization even though I don't remeber any Brazil-specific jokes.

Game Fan

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I hope it's just an isolated case, this shit is scary. Obviously, the president asshole and the Ministry of Justice didn't say a word about it.

And the video is not even that funny, sadly. Last year's special was so much better.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I recall an english play from the UK that had the same premise. Is it an adaptation? I know the english one did generate somewhat of an uproar, but the worst that came of it was from Bill Donohue of the Catholic League.

In America, it's usually abortion, gays, and race that have driven the usual suspects to violence -- at least as far as politically motivated attacks go. Not that this speaks well of our situation par se, we thankfully haven't had anything on the widespread level of the Charlie Hebdo killing in Paris a few years back. But what the original poster is reporting, though, is something on another level entirely. It would be like someone storming the offices of Columbia Studios over Married...with Children, or more simply a random homeowner who as a lark constructed a zombie nativity scene for the holidays.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Not just a controversy in Brasil. I know a bunch of conservative snowflakes in LATAM who are cancelling their Netflix due to this. Funny thing is the special is a glorified YouTube video that would've gotten little to no attention were it not for hysterical christians.