• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
This being going on since yesterday when the video of the judge talking to the child was leaked online.

The video shows the judge talking to the child asking:

"can you wait a little longer" (for the baby to arrive)

"Have you choose the baby's name?"

"Do you think the father would let the baby be adopted?" (The father being the rapist POS)

But now worldwide websites started to pick up the news:

www.newsweek.com

Judge Bans 11-Year-Old Rape Victim From Having Abortion

A judge in Brazil has banned abortion for an 11-year-old girl who became pregnant after being raped, prompting widespread outrage.

"The prosecutor in court documents said that pregnancy is a high risk, explaining: 'Obviously, a child at a young age does not have a biological structure in the formative stage suitable for a pregnancy'.

Then when the case reached the Santa Catarina court, Judge Zimmer sent the girl to a shelter for women, to protect her from her aggressor.

Her mother, unnamed, reportedly said that if she had not been taken to the shelter, she would have performed the abortion on her daughter herself.

The judge also told the mother if she had granted the girl an abortion that she would not be 'protecting her daughter' and would instead have been 'subjecting her to a homicide'."

In better news, government prosecutors already started so that the child can have the legal abortion:

www.correiobraziliense.com.br

MP ajuíza ação para autorizar aborto de menina grávida após estupro em SC

O caso foi divulgado pelo site 'The Intercept', que obteve vídeo da audiência judicial onde a juíza e a promotora tentam convencer a menina de 11 anos a manter o bebê

Last edited:

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
So, anyone who knows Brazilian law, is the judge doing some interpretation or is the law the law?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
From the article
Last week, the premature baby of a 12-year-old Bolivian girl who was allegedly raped by her grandfather died after the girl was denied an abortion.
If this girl also dies because she denied the abortion, the judge will be an accessory of murder. Fuck the judge. Hope the girl can get the abortion and the judge be investigated thoughtfully.

It is shameful how these people allow their shitty beliefs affect these kind of decisions.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Best part of this conversation is that it's almost a guarantee that any of these right wing nuts have a daughter that gets pregnant from rape or incest they will absolutely find a way to get her an abortion.

None of these frauds believe that this policy is the right way. Not a single one.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the article

If this girl also dies because she denied the abortion, the judge will be an accessory of murder. Fuck the judge. Hope the girl can get the abortion and the judge be investigated thoughtfully.

It is shameful how these people allow their shitty beliefs affect these kind of decisions.

That says the baby died, not the girl

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
This fucking judge is a vile absolute piece of fucking shit and i hope she gets what she deserves soon. And you know what's worst? This is 100% aligned with the federal government push for "family values" and the consequence of the diehard church sector grasp on public politics.

This country is unbelievable.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
How vile. Forcing a child to go through one of the most painful experiences imaginable that puts her own life at risk. Glad others stepped in and allowed the abortion.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
How does a woman become so twisted that she does something like this?

We've seen this from old white men which is terrible enough, but the fact that the judge is a woman seems completely outrageous.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
So, anyone who knows Brazilian law, is the judge doing some interpretation or is the law the law?
This is not surprising. Brazil is pretty harsh when it comes to abortions to the point of jailing women that have miscarriages.

Though even according to Brazilian law she shouldn't be forced to carry the child due to health issues.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Brazil only accepts abortion on very specific cases. The most optimistic way to see (which i don't agree) is that she seem to have mistook for another specific case which has a 20 week max time.

That being said, the rape abortion law does not have any restriction on when it can be performed.
So it is probably a "save the kids" "pro life" shit that is doing evil just because

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
I was just watching this on Globo News while eating lunch and this is one of the most abhorrent things I've seen in a good while, it really put me in a bad mood. It was mentioned here already, they were explaining that not only the child had a legal right to abort the gestation due to they have been raped according to Brazilian laws, but that there is an obvious time issue that puts the kid's life in danger the more time they take to have the abortion.

The news anchor mentioned that this piece of shit judge told the child and their mother that their sadness would be someone else's joy once the child gave birth to a new child and they were adopted, and how this child suffered an unspeakable violence once they were raped and once again when this piece of shit judge told them if they could wait a little longer instead of doing an abortion, like this 11-year-old child's womb was an oven, the child's right AND both physical and mental health be damned.

To make matters worse, there were breaking news about the case saying that the judge that ordered this isn't the judge of the case anymore because she was fucking PROMOTED. This judge needs to be fired and hopefully this family's child sue her into oblivion. What's more, the child was INSTITUTIONALIZED instead of jailing or giving the rapist at very least a restrictive order removing the rapist of the child's house because the judge didn't trust the kid's mother that they wouldn't pursuit an abortion regardless of the court order, not because of the child's safety. What is happening in the US with Row v Wade and the whole pro-birth propaganda directly influences minor courts like this here in Brazil and elsewhere, hence why it's incredibly important that this doesn't come to pass in the US and that people protest against this shit.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that judge. A child was raped and she's more concerned with the fetus' name. Fuck her.

Dec 30, 2020
This is not surprising. Brazil is pretty harsh when it comes to abortions to the point of jailing women that have miscarriages.

Though even according to Brazilian law she shouldn't be forced to carry the child due to health issues.
Wait... jailing someone for a MISCARRIAGE?!

Also I hope that judge gets crushed by an anvil dropped from space.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

Also I hope that judge gets crushed by an anvil dropped from space.
It mainly happens to poor families that can't prove their miscarriage wasn't due to an abortion attempt. I don't know how bad it is in Brazil but I've read it happens quite often in El Salvador. Women can often face up to 30 years in prison. That's what it looks like with a complete abortion ban.

theconversation.com

El Salvador’s abortion ban jails women for miscarriages and stillbirths – now one woman’s family seeks international justice

Hundreds of Salvadoran women have been prosecuted for homicide for having abortions, miscarriages or stillbirths since 1997. Now an international court must decide: Is that legal?

Aug 13, 2019
This is fucking vile. I don't think I'll ever be able to understand pro-lifers. Pregnancy ain't exactly a walk in the park. Going through that at such a young age, bearing the child of your rapist no less. Why would anyone want a child to go through that?

Last edited:

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This judge is fucking trash.

Like even if you ignore everything else, does she think the girl won't risk her life being pregnant at such a young age? SHE MIGHT DIE YOU DISGUSTING POS

So frustrating.

Arilian

Oct 29, 2020
In a really ugly twisted way, it's a "logical" next step in the anti-abortion activists' quest to control women's body. In both cases, the end result (at least the part those ghouls care) is the same: a dead foetus.
FWIW, I think someone mentioned in another thread that this has also happened in sone cases in the United States. Maddening
www.bbc.com

US women are being jailed for having miscarriages

More and more American women are facing prison for allegedly harming their unborn baby by using drugs.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is fucking vile. I don't think I'll ever be able to understand pro-lifers. Pregnancy ain't exactly a walk in the park. Going through that at such a young age, bearing the child of your rapist no less. Why would anyone want a child to go through that?
Because in her eyes the child is no longer a child. The child is now a woman who has to bear the responsibility of her god given role to give birth. It's backwards ideological bullshit.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That judge is absolutely disgusting. What a vile bag of shit.