• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
GameExplain put up a video that specifically goes past the area of the old demo, to the third zone. Lots of new stuff shown.

- Expedition/Exploration assignment minigame/sidequest, linked to real-world time like a holdover of the 3DS mechanics.
- Learning a new overworld ability - the ability to chop down trees to harvest for items.
- Consumable Item "Ward Light" that reduces (totally eliminates?) overworld enemy aggro.
- VA accents do correlate with different zones. The third country is Elvis' hometown and the people there speak with Scottish accents. Similar to Xenoblade 2 in that regard.
- Fast Travel

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017
Having a character who isn't a dwarf with a Scottish accent and voiced by an actual Scottish person makes this a day 1 purchase for me. The positive previews are just icing on the cake at this point.

Also I'm a cranky old man who loves turn-based combat.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Closer this gets the more I want to pick it up immediately. Buuut I hesitate because I feel like it might get a PC release like Octopath did.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Closer this gets the more I want to pick it up immediately. Buuut I hesitate because I feel like it might get a PC release like Octopath did.

I'm in the same boat. I really want this and I have both a Switch and gaming PC but the IQ on the switch version is hideous. Bravely Default I never made it outside of the DS so who knows.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
SE budget cuts strike yet again

Is it budget cuts or actual budget management? This stuff being expensive as hell only leads to us not getting it at all to begin with. They absolutely need to be spending money in lesser amounts than they do for an FF or a KH if we're going to consistently get games other than that, that they don't fool themselves into thinking can sell five million+ copies.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Pre ordered today, felt a little hesitant since I still had issues with the second demo and couldn't get into BS. But the latter was probably just due to 3DS burnout and having lots of other stuff to play. It's just a shame the marketing has been so quiet, we know barely anything so it's hard to get too excited.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't impressed by the second demo either but I think that's because it skipped the prologue.
Depending on reviews I might pick this up. I wonder if I can finish grandia before this releases.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went and paid for it at Gamestop. I knew I'd be buying it and sometimes they get a suprisingly low number of these kind of games in stock.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wont watch because of spoilers and specially this near release but I hope those on the fence get to check the game from this.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game looks prettier each time I see it! I think there will be enough here to last me until MonHun is out

Aug 14, 2020
I'm so excited for this but I hope it's not too difficult. I know they said they've balanced difficulty more since the demo + added difficulty settings, but that demo was REALLY hard.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited for this but I hope it's not too difficult. I know they said they've balanced difficulty more since the demo + added difficulty settings, but that demo was REALLY hard.

The demo was deliberately harder so people could test the combat more, at least the first one. And since it's the middle of the game players have less familiarity with the systems than they expect.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do I need to plate the previous one or it's totally separate like final fantasy ?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed some people complained about boss difficulty, dont complain about this, this is a positive

Sgs2008

Mar 25, 2019
I noticed some people complained about boss difficulty, dont complain about this, this is a positive

I felt that both bravely default and second were pretty well balanced difficulty wise. The boss battles towards the end gave a decent challenge. The difficulty even in the final demo was a bit tedious honestly . Even the regular monster battles. I wish they kept the encounter slider to streamline grinding.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I felt that both bravely default and second were pretty well balanced difficulty wise. The boss battles towards the end gave a decent challenge. The difficulty even in the final demo was a bit tedious honestly . Even the regular monster battles. I wish they kept the encounter slider to streamline grinding.
The demo was set to hard, full game has normal and easy, but I don't want them to nerf the bosses with an update just because people complaining about a challenge

I want a classic challenging rpg

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to plate the previous one or it's totally separate like final fantasy ?

Its fine i think. For me it feels like Bravely Default 1 and Bravely Default 2 for example are something like Final Fantasy IV, and Final Fantasy V, Similar themes but different Worlds, Story etc. While for example Bravely Default 1 and Bravely Second were like FF X and FF X-2, with Second being a direct sequel to 1.

Not sure if this account is reliable but there is this:

Kinda sucks tbh. By that Time its already out in some Regions, wish reviews were a while before release. (Assume its releasing midnight in the bought store region.)

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The only thing that actually bugs me about the combat is the camera is swaying nauseatingly left to right, you kind of have to get used to it because it makes you feel like you're drunk. Would be great if that could be toggled off, no idea why it's even a thing.

BD/BS's idle battle camera DID move but verrrrry slowly.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Its fine i think. For me it feels like Bravely Default 1 and Bravely Default 2 for example are something like Final Fantasy IV, and Final Fantasy V, Similar themes but different Worlds, Story etc. While for example Bravely Default 1 and Bravely Second were like FF X and FF X-2, with Second being a direct sequel to 1.

Kinda sucks tbh. By that Time its already out in some Regions, wish reviews were a while before release. (Assume its releasing midnight in the bought store region.)

what region is the game out by that time? In Japan, it's still 10:00 pm Thursday night for embargo I think.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yes there is. You use consumable items (forget what they're called) to lure subsequent enemies into battle for JP gains.

Oh, so it's not like Bravely Second where if you win in a single turn, you can select if you want to keep fighting? I thought that was a great risk/reward mechanism.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I saw people saying the game has been leaked online this morning, so be wary of spoilers.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so it's not like Bravely Second where if you win in a single turn, you can select if you want to keep fighting? I thought that was a great risk/reward mechanism.

From what I understand, you'll enter a chain of battles where your BP carries over, meaning there's still heavy risk/reward since you can't just 3x Brave zerg things down.

And there's naturally a JP multiplier the more chain battles you do.