• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
1291fc0d78.png

RbL1wb.png

RbLT17.png

RbLEpr.png

99b9fdf37c.png

RbLC03.png

4f538425f6.png

RbLQYD.png

edb82a7341.png

RbLqSM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
Bravely Default II OT Text-only Edition

INFO
Developer: Claytechworks
Publisher: Nintendo (RotW), Square Enix (Japan)
Composer: Revo (Linked Horizon)
Language: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Korean
Play mode: Handheld, Tabletop, TV Mode
Price: JPY7480, USD59.99, CAD79.99, GBP49.99, EUR59.99
Required Space: 12.4 GB
Genre: RPG
Release Date: 26th February 2021

STORY
The world is in crisis. Floods, rising temperatures, nature gone out of control – the theft of the Crystals threatens all living things. There is hope, however, in the form of the Heroes of Light: four fabled warriors who can bring the elements back into balance.
The saga begins when a young sailor named Seth washes up on an unknown shore. He is rescued by Princess Gloria and her loyal retainer Sir Sloan, who are on a quest to recover the Crystals and restore harmony to the world. Unsure about what has happened to him, Seth partners up with the duo, and the group is quickly joined by Elvis, a brash yet lovable scholar, and Adelle, a cool-headed mercenary. With the Wind Crystal already in their possession, these unlikely comrades set off in search of the rest of these priceless treasures.

CHARACTERS
Seth
A seafarer who was washed ashore in an unfamiliar realm after the power of the Crystals saved him from an unseasonal storm. Being rescued by Princess Gloria, Seth ends up joining her in her journey to restore the Crystals.

Gloria Musa
Princess of the lost kingdom of Musa. Having escaped her homeland's destruction, she set out on a quest to restore the Crystals to their rightful place.

Elvis Lazlow
A scholar who's on a quest to decipher the secrets of a book he inherited from his mentor. He's a larger-than-life character who's never one to dwell on the minor details.

Adelle Ein
A skilled mercenary employed by Elvis to accompany him on his quest for searching the Asterisks. She is also in search for her missing sister.

GAME SYSTEMS
Brave & Default
The bread and butter of the game combat system. By managing Brave Points (BP), you can do lots of things during combat.
Brave allows you to execute up to 4 actions in the same turn as long as your BP doesn't exceed -4. Generally, actions only consume 1 BP but some use more than that.
Default is basically the defence command in the game. By selecting it, the character will go into defensive stance in that turn while stocking up 1 BP.

Turn Order
Each unit in battle will perform their action based on their speed. Instead of the actions being grouped as player or enemy side, this time each unit in the battlefield will perform their actions whenever their turn comes up. There will be a progress bar below each character's status bar that indicates how long until their turn comes up.

Visible Enemy
Rather than having random encounters like in previous games, Bravely Default II will have visible enemy encounter on the overworld instead. If the enemy noticed you, they would attempt to chase you to start the battle.
Using Y button, you can hit those visible enemy and get a bonus 1 BP at the start.
While there's no enemy encounter toggle like in previous games in the series, there'll be items that you can use to shoo away those enemies from chasing you.

Chain Battle
If there's at least 2 visible enemy hitting you at the same time, it will trigger a chain battle. When you defeated the 1st set, the battle will continue to another set. Previous battle status like BP amount on characters will brought forward to the new set. Greater rewards await after you successfully defeat the enemies compared to winning separate battles.
There are also items that allows you to force a chain battle even if no multiple visible enemies hitting you.

Job System
As you progress, you'll gain access to many different jobs, granted by Asterisk that you come across. You can freely customize your character jobs once you unlock it by assigning them as main or sub job. Mix and match the jobs and unlocked abilities from leveling the jobs as you like, and you'll be fine in your journey especially after you found your own golden combo.

Exploration
At certain point during the early game, you can unlock exploration feature where you can send Seth to do some real time exploration which can gives useful items for your journey. Taking a break or having to stop playing for something more important in real life? Send him to explore and when you resume playing Bravely Default II, you can reap those benefits.
Connecting to the internet will also allow Seth to meet up with other seafarers, potentially earning even more precious loot in the process!

B 'n' D
Taking break from world-saving journey? Time to enjoy this Excillant's favourite past time, B 'n' D! Whenever you find someone with a card icon on top of their head, talk to them and you can initiate this mini game.

F.A.Q
Revo is back?
Yes!

Is this game related to the previous games in the series?
According to the producer, it is a brand-new adventure in a brand-new world.

Any online feature in this game?
Confirmed feature so far are cloud save support and slight boost to exploration rewards if you're connected to internet.

What is this equipment weight stats? Can the limit be raised?
Each equipment has their own weight where if a character uses a combination of equipment that exceeds their own weight limit, there'll be stats penalties. The limit is depending on the character levels and job used, so level up more if you want higher limit.

Is there some sort of town rebuilding like Moon Base Reconstruction in Bravely Second for example?
Based on pre-release materials, it doesn't seem to have one this time.

How many jobs are available to be picked in this game?
Including Freelancer, there's 23 jobs total that have been officially revealed. Of course, there's more jobs that left hidden from pre-release materials.

SPECIAL THANKS
jacktuar, CaviarMeths and few others from discord for thread subtitle suggestions
SQEX, Team Asano and Claytechwork for making this game and all those assets from official websites
Font creators for the fonts used for this OT (will find the name again later if I didn't forget)

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
Preview Thread
www.resetera.com

Bravely Default II preview thread

Didn't see a thread for it and previews just dropped fifteen minutes ago. They're super positive and since the game's marketing is very lacking, it's cool to finally have something to talk about...
Soundtrack Samples Thread
www.resetera.com

Bravely Default II - Soundtrack Samples

BRAVELY DEFAULT II Original Soundtrack Music Produced by Revo Release: March 3, 2021 Website: https://rlbd2.ponycanyon.co.jp/release/index.html Track names will be revealed after game is released to avoid spoilers.
Hype Thread?
www.resetera.com

Is anyone hyped for Bravely Default II?

Is anyone hyped for Bravely Default 2? I was going to buy it blind. Never played the 3DS games. I just know I’d love a lot of games on it but it’s so uncomfortable to hold. Especially in bed. So with BD2 coming to Switch I was SO in. Like on paper, for me, it’s perfect, 1. It’s Square, 2. turn...
Review Thread
www.resetera.com

Bravely Default II | Review Thread

Open Critic (82) / MetaCritic (80) GamesRadar.net (5/5) Digital Downloaded (5/5) JeuxVideo.com (18/20) IGN (8/10) GameInformer (8/10) The SixthAxis (8/10) RPGSite (8/10) VGC (3/5) Console Creatures - Recommended

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Really nice OP, thanks!!
I haven't kept up with info on the game so this is my first time seeing one of the 4 party members name is Elvis lol.

Im about to preorder and load this to play later tonight :)

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Going in totally blind beyond the launch trailer.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
23 jobs minimum? I was worried there were a lot less that the other two games based on what people were saying before, sounds good to me. I do wish there were a few more weapons types but we'll see

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
23 jobs mimimum? I was worried there were a lot less that the other two games based on what people were saying before, sounds good to me. I do wish there were a few more weapons types but we'll see
yep that is what was revealed throughout the pre-release period
do we know when it unlocks on Eshop?
should be the usual midnight for respective eshop region. not sure for north america it use eastern or pacific midnight to unlock tho

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
So is there no features like sending attacks to friends like the original had?

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
My copy has shipped - hope to have it tomorrow. I'm also looking forward to reading some reviews; maybe today?

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to playing this eventually, really hyped for the OST right now tho.

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, there's a card game in this? None of the reviews I read so far have mentioned it.
ayup. it is also in the second demo where you have to unlock it first. funny thing is out of 3 official websites, only nintendo uk ones mentioned it. not even jp website have the mini game there lol
Can't wait for this. It will hold me over until RE8 in late May.

Any word on length?
saw people mentioning some reviews had around 60 hours on it

Sorbete

Oct 30, 2017
Is it possible to change just the appearance? I mean like fashion armor but selecting the looks of a job

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to change just the appearance? I mean like fashion armor but selecting the looks of a job

IIRC from the demo it's possible to override your job appearance with the character's default appearance, but that's it -- or that was it at the beginning of the game.

There might be more options or costumes that open up later, but haven't seen reviews mention it.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played the previous Bravely Games, but I'll jump into this.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a few people are confused about whether or not this is an entirely new game, hopefully they don't miss out on this one.

My copy has been shipped, now to twiddle my thumbs until it arrives.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that in the initial reveal video, when you set up your main job and sub-job, your outfit would morph to mix them. The demos did not have this. Was this feature nixed?

I distinctly remember a white mage with a white thief mask.

edit: oh my god I can't find the video, this is some Mandela effect shit isn't it. hello alternate universe

Last edited:

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that in the initial reveal video, when you set up your main job and sub-job, your outfit would morph to mix them. The demos did not have this. Was this feature nixed?

Think you're misremembering? Don't recall anything like that.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Japanese site lists 23 jobs "and more..." and I found a review that said that they did 100% of the game and they mention it having less jobs than Bravely Second. So somewhere between 24-29 jobs. So at least as many jobs as Bravely Default 1 which had 24.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Japanese site lists 23 jobs "and more..." and I found a review that said that they did 100% of the game and they mention it having less jobs than Bravely Second. So somewhere between 24-29 jobs. So at least as many jobs as Bravely Default 1 which had 24.
I mean I feel like at least one more was a given since there's almost certainly going to be a end game hidden job or two in this like there was in the last 2

the-iek

Oct 30, 2017

edit: oh my god I can't find the video, this is some Mandela effect shit isn't it. hello alternate universe
I played for 40+ hours and unfortunately this outfit mix is not in the game. Still a great game albeit with some technical problems.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I just started it today. Got the white mage job. I like it so far. What is the handheld and tv resolution ? Game is 30 FPS right ?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, even though I played the demo, I didn't realize they removed the random encounter toggle. That's a shame.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I like that they changed random encounters to visible monsters.

In the first area there was rare lizard, and I thought peace of cake. That thing had 52K hp and it almost 1-shotted my whole party immediately. I love this change.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm all in! Been ages since I played a JRPG, but the art style and job system calls to me.

Downloading now - excited to play it tomorrow.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the OT!

I got it downloaded and I'm really excited to start playing it, I hope it unlocks tonight.

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
people have been speculating that there's 26 jobs since there's 26 alphabet letters and those that revealed ones occupies each letter slot