• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
played the demo for a little bit

+ music is lovely
+ great visual style
+ i love elvis' VA
+ great menus (altho a bit annoying that there's a description bubble for everything. i know what save and load do)
+ really like the seamless transition when entering most buildings
+ pressing R to reveal the whole map is great
+ yay to party chat

- the playable character seems way too small on the screen. maybe it's better when played on the TV.
- you can't skip the dialog scrolling when talking to NPCs
- not a big fan of the design of the few monsters i've seen
- some frame rate hiccups but nothing major
- the animation when you're starting to run is a bit weird, it's like the character is sliding for a while before starting to run
- are all side quests going to be fetch quests?
- having L and R being for auto advancing dialog and skipping dialog is probably gonna cause some frustration, if you get it wrong

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Do you think perhaps it was because it was starting as a 3ds project than switched to Switch?
I really doubt it started on the 3DS, though it is hard to prove either way. Also, the biggest problems with the art have little to do with anything related to the 3DS games, but rather with the juxtaposition of the highly realistic texturing with the highly stylized characters. Also, partly because it feels like each of the main characters is designed with slightly different proportions and style, making the whole thing feel inconsistent.

Oddly enough, I feel like the thief boss guy looked better than any of the protagonists. Maybe it is because the darker lines of his face made it look more three-dimensional and less painted-on. Not sure.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
I've been messing very crudely in photoshop with the character heads to find out why it looks so wrong. I think part of it is just the shader(since they're not going for the watercolor/painterly look anymore) cause I was brushing away the noses to make it more like bravely defaul/second and that didn't really help.
What made it better for me though was making the heads 5-10% smaller to have less exaggerated proportions.
I'd like to see one of those smaller head versions.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Such a bad demo. Insanely dumb difficulty.

After finishing the demo completely: It's initially imbalanced and seems a bit thrown together in that regard, but it gets better fairly quickly once you begin getting deeper into jobs and obtaining abilities and equipment.

The player only begins strong enough to deal with specific enemies nearest town -- wolves, goblins, orcs; notably not wasps, sahagins, or snakes.

The problem is that you're immediately thrust into those extremely difficult scenarios if you (1) wander in the wrong direction -- toward the beach, up the mountain path, or further east -- or (2) go directly to the main quest marker in the ruins, as one might be inclined to.

I'd say it's a pretty great demo as far as exploring the new combat system and challenging yourself, which seems to be the developers' intention from the foreword, but I worry that it is indeed bad on the accessibility front, and will consequently turn some people away... which should be the opposite of a demo's goal.

After all, a good deal of people complained that Octopath's demo was too difficult (because they didn't pay much attention to the combat tutorials lol), and IMO Octopath's demo was far more balanced with linear progression of challenge -- leaving the most difficult regular enemies to an optional post-story dungeon.

Putting players up against rigorous challenge is good for obtaining valuable combat feedback -- in Octopath, we saw such feedback lead to the Boost mechanic being deservedly nerfed so you couldn't stunlock enemies -- but that challenge should exist alongside accessibility, either by more meticulous design or an easier difficulty mode.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
played the demo for a little bit

+ music is lovely
+ great visual style
+ i love elvis' VA
+ great menus (altho a bit annoying that there's a description bubble for everything. i know what save and load do)
+ really like the seamless transition when entering most buildings
+ pressing R to reveal the whole map is great
+ yay to party chat

- the playable character seems way too small on the screen. maybe it's better when played on the TV.
- you can't skip the dialog scrolling when talking to NPCs
- not a big fan of the design of the few monsters i've seen
- some frame rate hiccups but nothing major
- the animation when you're starting to run is a bit weird, it's like the character is sliding for a while before starting to run
- are all side quests going to be fetch quests?
- having L and R being for auto advancing dialog and skipping dialog is probably gonna cause some frustration, if you get it wrong
Based on precedent, I highly doubt that there will be fetch quests in the final game. The demos for the first two games had fetch sidequests in them, but then the final games didn't include sidequests period. The sidequests in the demo are just there to pad out the content for the demo, I think.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah BD doesn't do fetch quests. But remember to keep your criticisms and tell them when the survey comes guys. They really do listen when they do them.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Based on precedent, I highly doubt that there will be fetch quests in the final game. The demos for the first two games had fetch sidequests in them, but then the final games didn't include sidequests period. The sidequests in the demo are just there to pad out the content for the demo, I think.
i see, good to know.

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't tried it yet as a handheld, but it was stunning on the TV. I'm still getting 3DS vibes (in a good way) from how dramatically they're playing with the foreground and background + the way the camera moves.

Shame Switch doesn't have 3D.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't tried it yet as a handheld, but it was stunning on the TV. I'm still getting 3DS vibes (in a good way) from how dramatically they're playing with the foreground and background + the way the camera moves.

Shame Switch doesn't have 3D.

There's quite a lot of aliasing on the characters in handheld but it looks decent overall

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there'll be a lot fo feedback to share for when they open their survey. I hope a lot of people will participate.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I do think they overtuned the demo perhaps, or at least the boss. I understand the demo is supposed to be harder than the actual game, but damn. This is rough

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Do we know whether those who haven't played the demo will be able to participate in the survey?

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Just beat the thief.

1. The symbol encounters are trash. Idk why on earth they ditched the killer random encounters with adjustable rates system when it's such a core part of BD's identity. The enemies move too fast and your overworld attack hitbox is basically a butter knife. Very disappointed with this change.

2a. The combat system is seemingly worse than the 3ds games. You don't get to see turn order so you basically never know when it's your turn vs the enemies'. The random mobs are more likely to brave so basically you never know when you're about to get hit with 4 BP's worth of a wasp going ham. So either you go ham yourself and kill them before it's their turn or you play defensively in anticipation for the big attack. Getting to see the turn order means that you can properly strategize your actions around the enemy's moves instead just randomly anticipating for the worst.

2b. Every character goes through their action after menuing their command instead of menuing every character before the turn starts. This leads to the more interruptions in battle, making the combat seem more like a drag than it actually is. The fast forward gets more milage if you can do all your menuing beforehand and watch the action zip by instead of constantly getting interrupted with command prompts.

3. Overworld traversal is awful. On top of the already bad symbol encounters, the camera is essentially useless. You can barely see anything that's not in your immediate vicinity. The camera goes this weird 2d overworld angle but it's way too zoomed in. You can barely control the camera too. And don't get me started on the dungeon. I got lost like 3 times because the level design does nothing to convey information and the camera is way too zoomed in. The dungeon is linear btw.

4. Games is visually off-putting. The 3ds games were gorgeous so idk what happened. Seeing the 3d models against a picturesque paper style background is really jarring to me.

Miscellaneous:
5a. Everyone speaks their lines on top of each other during battle in fast forward and it's really grating to the ears.
5b. Having to press start to see enemy's bp status is annoying. Having to hold start to get additional information on abilities is really annoying; my sn30pro+ kept turning off and I had to switch controllers.
5c. The weight stat is seemingly worthless. Why would I ever go overweight with equipment?
5d. The writing is bad. The main cast just killed a guy because he found the asterisk first? What? What kind of moral compass is that?

I was hesitant for this release as I'm a fan of both 3ds games but couldn't stand Octopath. I'm officially uninterested. Highly doubt they'll fix everything by the time the final release is out.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I am couple hours in the original BD (started a replay for no reason) and the difference in presentation is massive. Original BD, although a 3DS game with 3DS resolution, feels like a game with a decent budget and love put into it. BD II demo feels like a cheap phone RPG.

I loved DQ XI's handling of visible enemies - it let you easily skip them or fight as many as you want. This is an acceptable replacement for enemy encounter rate options because it still allows the player to have control of how many battles. This is not the case in this demo - enemies are very difficult to avoid in the awful world traversal camera.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i agree with the complaints about the visible enemies. they're terrible. i'd much rather have random encounters. it's not like DQ11 where you can easily get a hit in before the battle or avoid them if you want to.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I do think they overtuned the demo perhaps, or at least the boss. I understand the demo is supposed to be harder than the actual game, but damn. This is rough
The best advice I can give is that the boss can be poisoned. The poison damage stacks up fast. Otherwise, just default when the boss does to defend against his impending brave attack barrage.

Last edited:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Still haven't launched the demo, but reading some posts here, it sounds like they really need to tweak a lot.
Disappointing to hear all that about the combat and encounters when it was the strong point of the games. It feels like they saw that Octopath was popular and that they needed to follow that when it's a different game.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I like the fact it took more than 10 seconds to explore the town, that's already one of my biggest complaints with the original addressed

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
The datamined music tracks are kinda boring, probably WIP, right? Like the normal battle theme from the demo is 100x more hype than what i'm hearing here

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
s

The beat advice I can give is that the boss can be poisoned. The poison damage stacks up fast. Otherwise, just default when the boss does to defend against his impending brave attack barrage.
I've only tried the fight once, but I couldn't get poison to stick (I did try it since poison is a tried and true method of dealing with JRPG bosses).

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't launched the demo, but reading some posts here, it sounds like they really need to tweak a lot.
Disappointing to hear all that about the combat and encounters when it was the strong point of the games. It feels like they saw that Octopath was popular and that they needed to follow that when it's a different game.

…? The criticisms toward the BD2 demo do not draw from Octopath in the slightest. BD2 demo's biggest flaw -- which affects everything -- is the visible enemy system. Going back to customizable random encounters would solve a great deal.

I'd recommend completing the BD2 demo before fully judging it. I was harsh on it in my first hour of play, because I do think it begins poorly, but afterward it became quite enjoyable and the difficulty evened out before dropping precipitously. The boss is a well-designed and fair challenge.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I really dont like this camera sway effect during battle, hope they get rid of that or let you turn it off

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Just beat the thief.

1. The symbol encounters are trash. Idk why on earth they ditched the killer random encounters with adjustable rates system when it's such a core part of BD's identity. The enemies move too fast and your overworld attack hitbox is basically a butter knife. Very disappointed with this change.

2a. The combat system is seemingly worse than the 3ds games. You don't get to see turn order so you basically never know when it's your turn vs the enemies'. The random mobs are more likely to brave so basically you never know when you're about to get hit with 4 BP's worth of a wasp going ham. So either you go ham yourself and kill them before it's their turn or you play defensively in anticipation for the big attack. Getting to see the turn order means that you can properly strategize your actions around the enemy's moves instead just randomly anticipating for the worst.

2b. Every character goes through their action after menuing their command instead of menuing every character before the turn starts. This leads to the more interruptions in battle, making the combat seem more like a drag than it actually is. The fast forward gets more milage if you can do all your menuing beforehand and watch the action zip by instead of constantly getting interrupted with command prompts.

3. Overworld traversal is awful. On top of the already bad symbol encounters, the camera is essentially useless. You can barely see anything that's not in your immediate vicinity. The camera goes this weird 2d overworld angle but it's way too zoomed in. You can barely control the camera too. And don't get me started on the dungeon. I got lost like 3 times because the level design does nothing to convey information and the camera is way too zoomed in. The dungeon is linear btw.

4. Games is visually off-putting. The 3ds games were gorgeous so idk what happened. Seeing the 3d models against a picturesque paper style background is really jarring to me.

Miscellaneous:
5a. Everyone speaks their lines on top of each other during battle in fast forward and it's really grating to the ears.
5b. Having to press start to see enemy's bp status is annoying. Having to hold start to get additional information on abilities is really annoying; my sn30pro+ kept turning off and I had to switch controllers.
5c. The weight stat is seemingly worthless. Why would I ever go overweight with equipment?
5d. The writing is bad. The main cast just killed a guy because he found the asterisk first? What? What kind of moral compass is that?

I was hesitant for this release as I'm a fan of both 3ds games but couldn't stand Octopath. I'm officially uninterested. Highly doubt they'll fix everything by the time the final release is out.
I'm in the same boat as you. I actually find it very hard to believe this was the same team as the original Bravely Default. Basic quality of life staples are just gone and it seems like they shoehorned the brave/default system into a completely unrelated battle system instead of designing a battle system specifically around it.

I am couple hours in the original BD (started a replay for no reason) and the difference in presentation is massive. Original BD, although a 3DS game with 3DS resolution, feels like a game with a decent budget and love put into it. BD II demo feels like a cheap phone RPG.

I loved DQ XI's handling of visible enemies - it let you easily skip them or fight as many as you want. This is an acceptable replacement for enemy encounter rate options because it still allows the player to have control of how many battles. This is not the case in this demo - enemies are very difficult to avoid in the awful world traversal camera.
Agreed with this 100% as well. The original Bravely Default, with its lower resolution and (assuming) lower budget, already felt like a more polished and basically AAA product within the demo itself. Bravely Default II feels like a $10 indie game from X unknown developer.

And I too am not an opponent to overworld enemies, I typically prefer those to random encounters, but they actually somehow managed to make me hate them in this demo. Really disappointed.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
There aren't enough weapon types, where have fists and katanas gone?

The party chats should really have VA as well, jrpgs that sell far less than this will do it

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just needed Bravely Second with Revo's music, that is all. Not sure why they did some of the changes, like individually taking turns

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played the demo because I don't have a Switch (yet?) but I SWEAR if Square Enix gave this the Tokyo RPG Factory/Star Ocean 5 treatment aka a budget of $10...

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the demo because I don't have a Switch (yet?) but I SWEAR if Square Enix gave this the Tokyo RPG Factory/Star Ocean 5 treatment aka a budget of $10...

Honestly I find all these complaints about BD2's visuals and budget comparisons to cheap/mobile games to be mystifying. In my eyes it's a clear upgrade from BD1 in virtually every way, let alone cheaper Tokyo RPG Factory fare.

The town(s) in particular are breathtaking already, and more explorable than in the original. The overworld desert wasn't terribly exciting, but the ocean is nice looking, and the snow areas in the trailer looked as stunning as Octopath's. The models are a nice evolution from BD1.

Redwing19

Oct 28, 2017
I only got a little taste of the demo earlier but the one thing that stands out to me right now is the over world encounters as people have mentioned. With the terrible camera and how fast enemies are, I barely have any time to react to them. There was a couple times where I was trying to rotate the camera to see my party and I ended up in a dis-advantage battle because I couldn't even see the enemy / myself.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Holy hell, what did I just get into? The plants around that river are insanely strong. I'm guessing there isn't enemy scaling and I just wandered into OP territory?

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Played it, 100%'ed it, loved it

You can tell it's still a work in progress though, it's pretty rough in some areas.

A few fixes/changes I would make;
-Have default be on the L button, like Brave is on the R button
-Fix the camera in battle, sometimes it would change angle and I would completely miss who was being attacked
-Have status effects show up next to enemy health bars rather than having to go into battle details to see it, same with enemy BP
-Have either a visible turn order, or a signifier as to whos turn is next
-Bring back the bonuses for one turn/no damage fights, I liked those
-Have the special bonus last for set amount of turns rather than time, I answered a phonecall after activating it and lost the buffs as a result
-Have the overworld enemies react in the same way as the Trails games, where you can hit them, but it stuns them, then you can choose to go into the fight, or run away if you dont want to fight them

Other than that, most other changes should just come along in the course of development, people acting like this is coming out next week, it doesnt even have a release date yet, it'll get polished up.

Dont know why people are complaining about the difficulty though, aside from the 3 bosses, everything else is a breeze if you just think about your actions in battle. You can max out every character on every job in a couple hours easily, so nothing should really be difficult aside from the bosses, which I thought gave a really good level of challenge to be fair.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
I guess I may as well talk a bit about strategy in this demo to both help people who are struggling and be a little more positive about all the great little details in the battle system.

First, the game basically requires you to switch away from Freelancer ASAP. Freelancer is weak, so never have more than one, and don't use them for hard fights. Having both a Vanguard and a White Mage helps a lot, and Black Mages are a huge help against large enemy groups.

Getting better equipment quickly is essential. Grab all the chests in town, grab what you can from the overworld, and drop by shops often to buy better stuff. Make sure to pay attention to class gear compatibility, since that isn't as obviously displayed here as it was in older Bravely games.

A big priority when grabbing gear is to pay attention to the "Chance to Target" stat. The higher this stat, the more likely it is that that character will be targetted by enemies. Build up a Vanguard with this stat as high as possible, and keep it low for everyone else! This focuses a lot of attacks on your toughest character, which reduces damage by a LOT. That said, you'll want to keep shields on your mages to help keep them alive.

Honestly, that "Chance to Target" stat is my favorite new addition in this game. It makes tanking and defensive strategy way easier and more clear than in older Bravely games.

From there, build up Jobs and work towards getting some skill synergies going. You'll need to start with goblins and wolves first, then work up to the stronger enemies. This is the bad and frustrating part of the demo, but once you get some levels and abilities everything gets easier.

Here are a bunch of random nice skill combinations:
1) Revenge is perfect for Vanguards with a high Chance to Target
2) Shield Bash is a good move in general, and mages with a shield will do a lot more damage with that than an ordinary attack.
3) Protect combines nicely with tanky Vanguards, especially with their skill to extend buffs. Better yet, Protect will increase Shield Bash damage, turning it into a really strong attack.
4) After they get the barehanded attack boost skill, Monks really want to forego weapons and just punch things. A good strategy for Monks is to build up 3 BP, Brave three times to Invigorate followed by three attacks, and then next turn Brave again to attack four times. This gets better with the Vanguard Crit Boost skill.
5) You can layer on Scale Strip and Firebird to both lower an enemy's Magic Resist and make them more vulnerable to Fire or Fira. If both are active, consider having your Black Mage use Brave to attack with several Fira spells.
6) If the enemy is using Default, then your characters should Default rather than attack. It will help protect you from incoming Brave attacks, and save BP for times where the enemy is more vulnerable. It might be good to give mages the Vanguard's Default BP boost for times like this.
7) Normal attacks have some advantages over physical Specials. White Mages can only restore MP with a normal attack, and attacks like Strong Strike or Scale Strip don't use the weapon effectiveness property. So, if you want to exploit something like the snake's weakness to swords, you need to use normal attacks.
8) Status ailments work! If you're having trouble with a boss, try poison or blind.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
A big priority when grabbing gear is to pay attention to the "Chance to Target" stat. The higher this stat, the more likely it is that that character will be targetted by enemies. Build up a Vanguard with this stat as high as possible, and keep it low for everyone else! This focuses a lot of attacks on your toughest character, which reduces damage by a LOT. That said, you'll want to keep shields on your mages to help keep them alive.

Honestly, that "Chance to Target" stat is my favorite new addition in this game. It makes tanking and defensive strategy way easier and more clear than in older Bravely games.
This sounds like an awesome addition.

Nov 15, 2018
My first complaint is that it feels like I have to go through extra steps compared to Bravely default for changing jobs, abilities, and equipment. It was simple to do and see in the first game. The + and - button shouldn't be used when X and Y, or even L and R are available. It's just not comfortable and easy to reach during normal gameplay. I also miss just pressing R for default during combat rather than having to select it on the battle screen.

The enemies on the map is my 2nd complaint. The adjustable slider from Bravely Default 1 made random encounters better than enemies on the screen. You could set it for however you play, whether you want to grind or simply avoid everything, or just fight sometimes. These enemies move fast which is annoying when you want to explore and are underleveled, and yet still annoying when you are overleveled and they run away when you need to do a fetch quest. The dungeon was even worse as the minimap doesn't show much without expanding it yet that means you could run into an enemy that you can't see.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I like the world map more, enemies aside. The chests give you a reason to explore it rather than just running straight from A to B

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I find all these complaints about BD2's visuals and budget comparisons to cheap/mobile games to be mystifying. In my eyes it's a clear upgrade from BD1 in virtually every way, let alone cheaper Tokyo RPG Factory fare.

The town(s) in particular are breathtaking already, and more explorable than in the original. The overworld desert wasn't terribly exciting, but the ocean is nice looking, and the snow areas in the trailer looked as stunning as Octopath's. The models are a nice evolution from BD1.

I will echo this. The one thing that was apparent from the get go to me was the high production values, and the expanded nature of towns and the world map vs the 3DS game. On the contrary playing the Trials of Mana demo made it apparent how low budget that remake is.

Also compare it to Trails of Cold Steel 3 which also got a demo yesterday(at least in Europe), that's what a low budget console RPG looks like.

I do get(and agree with) the reservations about some design changes.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really am over this "chibi" era of jrpg characters tbh. nice music though

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I may as well talk a bit about strategy in this demo to both help people who are struggling and be a little more positive about all the great little details in the battle system.

First, the game basically requires you to switch away from Freelancer ASAP. Freelancer is weak, so never have more than one, and don't use them for hard fights. Having both a Vanguard and a White Mage helps a lot, and Black Mages are a huge help against large enemy groups.

Getting better equipment quickly is essential. Grab all the chests in town, grab what you can from the overworld, and drop by shops often to buy better stuff. Make sure to pay attention to class gear compatibility, since that isn't as obviously displayed here as it was in older Bravely games.

From there, build up Jobs and work towards getting some skill synergies going. You'll need to start with goblins and wolves first, then work up to the stronger enemies. This is the bad and frustrating part of the demo, but once you get some levels and abilities everything gets easier.
Thank you for posting this! I was wondering why certain enemies literally right outside the city were kicking my butt, but this is all sound advice!

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
…? The criticisms toward the BD2 demo do not draw from Octopath in the slightest. BD2 demo's biggest flaw -- which affects everything -- is the visible enemy system. Going back to customizable random encounters would solve a great deal.

I'd recommend completing the BD2 demo before fully judging it. I was harsh on it in my first hour of play, because I do think it begins poorly, but afterward it became quite enjoyable and the difficulty evened out before dropping precipitously. The boss is a well-designed and fair challenge.
Fair enough, I'm starting the demo tonight anyway.
Always the issue with reading too much into posts :p
I just needed Bravely Second with Revo's music, that is all. Not sure why they did some of the changes, like individually taking turns
While not on BD's level, I've never really understood the hate for BS' music.
It was still great, just different and generally more intense.

Yes. it was awesome. Much preferred.

You can strategically plan your moves
^This.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Can't believe people think the game looks (presentation, UI, graphics) good... but to each their own! Compared to Alliance Alive HD, another chibi game that went from 3DS -> Switch, there's a clear difference.

All that said though, my main presentation issues with the demo are the camera in the overworld and the menus/fonts/UI in general.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about it more and I think I know why they didn't put Default on the L button.

It's because characters take turns individually and there's no action confirm, so if you were to accidentally press L, then your character would immediately Default and your turn would end. Unlike with Brave, you press R but then you have to select an action, so you have time to change your mind.

Oct 27, 2017
Miscellaneous:

FWIW there's a freelancer ability that lets you body slam the enemies, damage being proportional to the weight of your equipment. I'm sure a lot of the abilities are going to get their mileage out of the real game and not a tiny demo.

And I'm at least hopeful most of the issues would be easily addressed. Like making enemies more avoidable, world map camera less trash (I've gotten into a bunch of battles cause my entire party was behind rocks and I couldn't see shit), not having the characters speak all the time during the battle, etc.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Ok, I've learned from my mistakes and grinded goblins until I was powerful. But god damn I hate how it trigger button-presses on hold.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Can i say how much i fucking love that towns are fully realized this time instead of just beautiful dioramas with no building interiors and very few npcs?
It was really the only thing I was scared after the initial trailer, and the first time i entered a building I had a smile in my face.

Also this game has a fantastic artsyle, characters and all. Sad to see some people whining about it, but I suppose not everyone is gonna be happy about it. I hope its not one of the things that gets changed becuase of complaints (I doubt it would happen even with a ton becuase of lack of time thank god).