• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
My guess with the name is it's going to be a completely new world and story. To compare it to FF naming conventions, I think Bravely Second was like a Bravely Default I-2, and now Bravely Default II is moving on to be its own thing.
Remember when Nintendo wanted their own Final Fantasy with The Last Story.
Well time to thanks Asano then.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Bravely Default is a top 5 JRPG to me. Bravely Second didn't click with me, but I couldn't be more excited for this. Can't wait.

Oct 28, 2017
New copies of Bravely Second is available on Amazon for about 18 USD right now if anyone skipped it and wants to "catch up". (calling out myself here).

Worth mentioning since older series games tend to skyrocket in price soon after new games are announced, especially with RPGs.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, either they're counting in binary or those are letters rather than numerals and will eventually be revealed to be part of something like "Impossible Infinity".

The second in Bravely second is more the time definition rather than the number.

It's just that kind of series, this is probably bravely default 3 but they won't admit it immediately.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Not sure what to think about this one. I enjoyed most of the time I spent with the first one, but I couldn't finish it, due to that plot contrivance that I'm pretty sure stopped a lot of people from finishing it. I never even bothered with the second one due to hearing it got hit with the censorship stick even harder than the first game. So I can't say I'm a huge fan or the series or anything. That said It's good to see that an old schoolish JRPG is coming down the pipeline. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I hate the name, as Second is a direct sequel but this news is great of course. I hope that the team finally learns how to write though. Their scripts started on solid ground with 3D Dot Game Heroes but that was about it and the other team´s Octopath Traveler was a total misfire writing-wise.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
I'm convinced someone high up at Square Enix pushes for these type of confusing titles on purpose.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. I loved my time with Bravely Default and Bravely Second, though I finished neither. I'd prefer another Octopath, which I did finish and liked a bit more, but this should be good.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man those graphics are terrible. Why couldn't they make it look like Octopath Traveler.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
ELoi4ZlUwAA_96e

ELoi4ZrUcAAjB-k

ELoi4ZrUEAEkVra
I was in until I saw this. There is no excuse for chibi designs on a Switch.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
The name isn't that confusing. Bravely Second was a Direct sequel. This is the second game in the series with a new cast, new world, new story, most likely.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE GAME AWARDS

AND WITH REVO ON MUSIC

FUCKING YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

I just hope it doesn't ignore or retcon the events of Bravely Second, given the name, because I loved it to death

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I love chibi styles, but I need to see more. I want more FFIX Zidane/Vivi and less FFXV Pocket. We've yet to see where this will fall

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I was confused at first and thought they were bringing both games to switch. This should even better news.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about Second was that it seemed they learned from their mistake by deleting Default from the title. It's all rather upsetting but I'll try to keep an open mind.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people are having such a hard time with this. Second was like a "gaiden" version. This is a full on sequel.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Like many others here I thought Bravely Second was Bravely Default II. With all the Bravely teasing in the past, I thought they would port the 3DS games to the Switch. I never thought that we would be getting a sequel! :0 Good to see Revo is back.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Played the first game and I got midway through it. The gameplay was a complete chore to play so I gave up. Hopefully it will be more playable this time around.