• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Indeed, you should buy it! Btw, I think you posted it here by accident? ;)
Usually it's PEGI-related, and if it is, it's definitely unusual how this keeps happening especially in European eShops
I totally did post this in the wrong thread 😂. Hopping between the eShop thread and this.

Crispy

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing want to share their brain age? Apparently my brain is +34 years my real age...

I'm scoring exceptionally low for some minigames, while I feel like I haven't done them all that badly. I'll probably get better with some training (pun!!!), but I'm curious to see how you all are doing.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does the game include any of the games of Devilish Training? I really enjoyed some of the new additions to that title. This seems to go back to vanilla Brain Age 1/2.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Anyone playing want to share their brain age? Apparently my brain is +34 years my real age...

I'm scoring exceptionally low for some minigames, while I feel like I haven't done them all that badly. I'll probably get better with some training (pun!!!), but I'm curious to see how you all are doing.
Yep same here. The game doesn't like the way I write 4, 5 and 9. That's the biggest hurdle I'm facing.

I do the second 4 in this video, 5 I write in one stroke beginning from top right, and 9 also like the second example in the video, but I start at the top.

Didn't have these issues with the DS games. They liked my numbers.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019

I did okay today, got 35. I actually got my own age on short term memory (23) and got 27 on the processing one.
What ever the other one is called I didn't do as well but yeah.
All other days I've gotten like 50+ though

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
The game is completely incapable of reading 5s and it ruins that training

5s are a problem yeah, i always just make the top part a bit longer like just a sort of dash at the top seems to solve it.
Honestly the worst part of the game is how it reads numbers, I had a lot of trouble with 7s and 9s as well

archnemesis

Oct 26, 2017
I started doing curved 9s, similar to the in-game font. That works most of the time.

In the first week I lowered my brain age from 71 to 31. With better number parsing I could do even better.

Steezy

Jan 7, 2018
Just finished my 17th day of training and unlocked what seems to be the last mini game. I wonder if there's anything else to unlock?
I've enjoyed my time with the game but feel like my brain age is completely dependent on which tests come up. If rock, paper, scissors or continuous countdown or even speed counting (?!) come up then I'm guaranteed to get 50+.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Just finished my 17th day of training and unlocked what seems to be the last mini game. I wonder if there's anything else to unlock?
I've enjoyed my time with the game but feel like my brain age is completely dependent on which tests come up. If rock, paper, scissors or continuous countdown or even speed counting (?!) come up then I'm guaranteed to get 50+.

Speed counting makes no sense to me, I have no idea how I'm supposed to count any faster than what I do which is like 50 seconds which is about 60 years old.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Anyone else have the issue where the right joycon IR camera just freezes during games? This happens regularly to me. Maybe I should try a different joycon

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
A new update just dropped with a Brain Age Global Championship plus a new working memory exercise. Hopefully they continue to update the game.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
full patch notes:

VERSION 1.2.0
    • Brain Training World Championship has been added to Daily Training.
      • Note: In order to use this feature, a paid membership to Nintendo Switch Online is required.
  • Features
    • Working Memory Challenge has been added to Daily Training.
      • Note: To use this feature, a Brain Age Score of 20 must be obtained after the update has been applied.
      • If you can't get a Brain Age Score of 20, there are hints in-game for alternative ways to access the feature.
    • To improve handwriting recognition of the number 5, "1 Stroke" has been added to the Number 5 Recognition setting.
      • Please see the Settings in Daily Training.
  • General
    • Hand-shape recognition tips have been added to the explanations for Rock, Paper, Scissors Test, Finger Calculations and Finger Drills.
    • Various improvements have been made to handwritten number recognition.
      • In Continuous Countdown, if the game is finding it hard to recognise when you write a 4 or a 7 in the tens column, and recognises it as something else (for instance, 11, 12 or 17), try writing the rest of your answer in the units column regardless.
    • Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Really liking Working Memory Challenge. Reminds me of the games from Devlish Training, except a little bit simpler to understand (but no less challenging).
It's really easy to get completely lost when you start doing 3-Back onwards.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
To improve handwriting recognition of the number 5, "1 Stroke" has been added to the Number 5 Recognition setting.

Thank GOD. Hopefully this rectifies the issues with it recognising that number when I write it :)

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
btw if anyone wants to know I just figured out today there is an icon on the bottom right of the main menu that unlocks the game added in the update.

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
The update to number 5 recognition was much needed. I've improved my previous best time on Calculations x100 by 11 seconds just as a result of not having to redraw every other 5.

By the way, the fact that they keep on putting that asinine Speed Counting exercise in the test is fucking baffling to me. It already felt pointless and joyless 15 years ago.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell isn't this out in the US yet!

Has anyone from the US made a UK account and downloaded it that way? Any reason not to do that?

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Why the hell isn't this out in the US yet!

Has anyone from the US made a UK account and downloaded it that way? Any reason not to do that?
I bought the Japanese version. Buy some Japanese eshop points online (can't use a US credit card on jp eshop), make a jp account on your system, apply points and buy it, play on your US account

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
Anyone else playing the world championship today? I'm weirdly excited about this, since I used to compete against myself all summer long when I was a kid with the first game on DS. It's a bit of a geeky dream come true.

I fumbled the hurdles thing a bit and I'm awful at Finger Calculations, but I actually got my best ever results at Photo Memory (37.54s) and Calculations x25 (15.87s).

Last edited:

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Anyone else playing the world championship today? I'm weirdly excited about this, since I used to compete against myself all summer long when I was a kid with the first game on DS. It's a bit of a geeky dream come true.

I fumbled the hurdles thing a bit and I'm awful at Finger Calculations, but I actually got my best ever results at Photo Memory (37.54s) and Calculations x25 (15.87s).

I did, it's actually kind of fun even if you don't see the results yet.
I was actually pleased I got 19s in calculation x25 and now it doesn't feel so special anymore lol

Krysuk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played the new mini game with the it remote for adding numbers - was pretty cool, I was dead ass slow though - as normal on these things :(

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Just imported this from the UK as I've also heard this game won't come stateside on other forums. It feels like a compilation of Brain Age 1 and 2 on DS to me. Having alot of fun

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
seems like a weird thing to ban while lootboxes are still fair game.
Uh, more detail on this would be nice.
It's because of this lawsuit. Nintendo is very unlikely to subject itself to the risk of being sued for similar charges.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Finally got 20 on my brain age score, I got the right minigames for each section so I finally managed to do it.
Self-control always messes me up normally.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Is there a list of minigames that can be unlocked within this game?

Are there only three minigames that can be played with another person?

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Got a full month last month, haven't touched any of the remote training games. 70% through sudoku and almost got all the piano scores. I'd say it's good but not as good as the original. I really hope that DLC or more tasks are added in as getting to the end of my interest in it and I wouldn't say I'm necessarily any sharper after playing a considerable number of hours on it over the past 3 months (having only missed 6 days total.)

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Bought this off Amazon with the stylus and I like it ok so far. I'm in the US and there isn't any language barriers importing the game. Bought this game getting ready for Big Brain Academy.

I'm not a fan of speaking out loud though. That's weird to me. But my first brain age test had me 3 years older than my real age of 45 so that's not bad I guess?

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
I'm not a fan of speaking out loud though. That's weird to me. But my first brain age test had me 3 years older than my real age of 45 so that's not bad I guess?

I don't really mind speaking out loud but the only exercise that requires it this time around is Speed Counting, which otherwise is absolutely stupid. I can't understand why they couldn't come up with anything better than that.

Otherwise, I'm loving my time with the game, it always brings me memories of summer of like '06 with my aunt's DS that she bought specifically for Brain Training.

The world championships on Saturday are something I never thought Nintendo would do with a game like this and it's always fun to try.