• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 2, 2017
_115483734_img_20201113_123944.jpg

hair salon owner is now facing £27,000 in fines for repeatedly opening in breach of Covid-19 lockdown rules.
Sinead Quinn was working at Quinn Blakey Hairdressers in Oakenshaw, Bradford, on Saturday when Kirklees Council officers issued a £4,000 fine.
The council found the salon open again on Monday and Tuesday and issued two further £10,000 fines. It had £1,000 and £2,000 fines for previous breaches.
Ms Quinn said on Instagram she did not consent to or accept the fines.

The salon owner posted videos on the social networking site which show her talking to council officials and police, saying she had not broken any laws.
On the video, she is heard saying: "I don't consent to any fines, so it will just be returned to sender."
She had also displayed a poster on the salon door which refers to Magna Carta, and says the shop is "under the jurisdiction of common law".
England is currently in a national lockdown with strict rules which say non-essential shops, including hairdressers, must close.
A council spokesman confirmed the fines, saying it had found the business to be "open and trading".

www.bbc.co.uk

Covid-19: Bradford salon fined £17,000 for lockdown opening

Sinead Quinn opened Quinn Blakey Hairdressers in Oakenshaw in breach of government restrictions.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Ridiculous fine. Would not get that for killing someone whilst drink driving

Dis

Oct 27, 2017

Well maybe the £1000 fine the first time should have been a warning to her then because it's her own fault for not listening that the fines went up, if I ran someone over drunk driving then ignored the police action or whatever and kept doing it I imagine it would end up worse than just a bunch of fines but clearly people don't give a fuck about actually doing what is needed to stop the spread of this virus and to actually protect people who are immune compromised so maybe they won't be locked up in their house for over a year because selfish fucks can't just lockdown for a few weeks to help the whole country.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, so is this what UK citizens invoke when they go all sovereign citizen? In the US, they invoke maritime law.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Would have been a lot funnier if she had actually invoked magna carter.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
These cretins love to cite imaginary articles and laws that they believe somehow give them the right to ignore the law, but they never bother attempting to read or understand the things they're trying to cite. Article 61 of the version of the Magna Carta signed in 1215 has nothing to do with this, and also is no longer in effect.

The actual fine is UK£1000 for ignoring the law, and then escalating additional fines for continuing to do so. The UK£27000 quoted is a result of five separate breaches.

What's your alternative solution to stop this imbecile from contributing to the spread of a killer virus through wilful stupidity?

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, another Article 61er. Seems to be the UK equivalent of people citing HIPPA in the US as why they don't have to listen to COVID ordinances.

HISTORY LESSON FOLLOWS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.

So for starters there is no "Article 61" of the Magna Carta. There is a section historians refer to as "clause 61" or the "security clause", which established a council of 25 barons to make sure that King John adhered to the terms of the Magna Carta. If he did not, the council would officially notify King John that he was in breach and had 40 days to comply. If he did not, the council was allowed to seize the king's castles and lands until they decided that amends had been made. The clause has absolutely nothing to do with "lawful dissent", it was a specific portion written in to force King John's acquiescence to the Magna Carta.

Also, Pope Innocent III officially negated that clause of the Magna Carta in August 1215. It's not even applicable at all.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like this person just doesn't care, and has continued to do this, so they deserve whatever they get.

I'm sure somebody this reckless wouldn't be taking the proper precautions anyways just to be in defiance.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
My bad did not realise she got a £1000 fine first. Teach me to read.

Her own fault now then

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, one of those common law spouting idiots. In my lawyer days I had to deal with such people and it was rather tiring to say the least.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
When idiots see some garbage online and don't think to spend any time at all researching it themselves and just blindly accept it as fact because it's what they want to hear. I wish I could see her in court telling a judge about magna carta.