• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
MCC on PC has been speculated for years, with various pieces of evidence supporting it. I remember a Giant Bomb video actually showing "Press any key to continue" on an early build.

I always assumed this was because they ported Halo 1 and 2 from the PC versions. I had a mouse cursor appear in Halo CE before the day one patch iirc.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
83e.jpg

My dream scenario:
  • MCC on PC shadowdrop
  • Reach & Firefight coming to MCC
  • Blur Cutscenes for Halo 3
  • Armor customization (no sets)

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
You joke about this but Fable 2 is my favorite as much as i love TLC. Its so odd that 2 is the only one not on PC.
II is my favorite as well, I think this holds true for a lot of people after looking back at the series. Yet they didn't even enhance II for its 10 year anniversary. Microsoft continues to mismanage one of my favorite IPs.

But Hood still looks like this.
admiral-lord-terrence-hood-halo-3-9.89.jpg

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
II is my favorite as well, I think this holds true for a lot of people after looking back at the series. Yet they didn't even enhance II for its 10 year anniversary. Microsoft continues to mismanage one of my favorite IPs.

But Hood still looks like this.
admiral-lord-terrence-hood-halo-3-9.89.jpg

Lord Hood always looks like someone took a hair dryer from 2553 and blew it into his face on full power.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
I think most of my waking life as a teenager was spent playing Halo 2 and 3 online. My group of friends all moved to PC when we got older so it'll be fun to rekindle our love of this series. (Im going to flip my desk if this thing isnt about MCC for pc)

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
I wonder how much Twitch and online game streaming has contributed to the resurgence of PC. Could it be that with many viewers watching PC games being streamed that bad ports really do not do a company any favours.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
My dream scenario:

I would say good luck on these two ever happening.

Full armor customization would be awesome, but I just cannot see it being a priority for them.

As for Blur cutscenes, I would argue that Halo 1 needs them way more drastically than Halo 3. Halo 1's Anniversary cutscenes are not very faithful to the original vision at all. Blur giving the same love and care to Halo 1 as they did with Halo 2 would be amazing.

Halo 3's cutscenes (aside from a few human faces) hold up really well today, unlike OG Halo 1 and Halo 2.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
83e.jpg

My dream scenario:
  • MCC on PC shadowdrop
  • Reach & Firefight coming to MCC

agree with all these except Blur cutscenes for Halo 3. I would vastly prefer to see the cutscenes in-engine with the new models and lighting rather than the kinda freaky CGI cutscenes

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
As for Blur cutscenes, I would argue that Halo 1 needs them way more drastically than Halo 3. Halo 1's Anniversary cutscenes are not very faithful to the original vision at all. Blur giving the same love and care to Halo 1 as they did with Halo 2 would be amazing.

Halo 3's cutscenes (aside from a few human faces) hold up really well today, unlike OG Halo 1 and Halo 2.

But they could always look better

giphy.gif

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would rather Halo CE got another remaster faithful to the original and maybe even a mild Halo 3/ODST update too. Blur cutscenes are amazing but I like in game scenes, it's too much of a gap and costs probably a fortune that would be better spent on the gameplay remaster itself and a Reach remaster.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
There was a time I would have been very excited about Halo on PC, literally half a decade ago... that feeling completely evaporated. I'm sure it would still do extremely well financially but I'm not interested any longer!

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
If they shadow drop this tomorrow it could make waves, Apex Legends style. PC has a massive hardcore shooter audience and most gamers have strong memories of social Halo online from Halo 2 and 3 that would cause many to seriously jump on this. I'm heavily leaning towards the announcement being near definite for tomorrow.

They say no smoke without fire - and at the moment there's like, a power station's worth of smoke. Has to be coming tomorrow.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Mr-Burns-LSD.jpg

Words cannot describe just how much I need this to actually happen. I stopped playing Halo 10 years ago and I need my fix.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a time I would have been very excited about Halo on PC, literally half a decade ago... that feeling completely evaporated. I'm sure it would still do extremely well financially but I'm not interested any longer!

I doubt it.

The odds are stacked against it. Halo as a franchise is not the "it" thing, hasnt been for over a decade. It is (I am assuming) going to be on the Windows store, which is already a death knell. The stink of the awful X1 launch will be all over it. And I am not sure PC has the market to buy a Halo collection at $60 or whatever they will want for it.

Unless MS does something out of the ordinary, expect a handful of sales. MP dead in a month.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it.

The odds are stacked against it. Halo as a franchise is not the "it" thing, hasnt been for over a decade. It is (I am assuming) going to be on the Windows store, which is already a death knell. The stink of the awful X1 launch will be all over it. And I am not sure PC has the market to buy a Halo collection at $60 or whatever they will want for it.

Unless MS does something out of the ordinary, expect a handful of sales. MP dead in a month.
They will want MSRP for it, $30

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it.

I'm like 99% sure their main goal with MCC on PC is having it be a sweetener for game pass.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Is there a mixer or something going on today like a live event ? or are people just watching the xbox twitter like a hawk for a shadowdrop ?

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
If they shadow drop this tomorrow it could make waves, Apex Legends style. PC has a massive hardcore shooter audience and most gamers have strong memories of social Halo online from Halo 2 and 3 that would cause many to seriously jump on this. I'm heavily leaning towards the announcement being near definite for tomorrow.

They say no smoke without fire - and at the moment there's like, a power station's worth of smoke. Has to be coming tomorrow.

I honestly feel like most hardcore halo mp fans who still game have moved to PC. I also think there is a gap in the market on PC for a good shooter that isn't a friggin BR.

With gamepass being a thing, I'm already making sure all my friends are aware and ready to dive in when it drops.

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like 99% sure their main goal with MCC on PC is having it be a sweetener for game pass.

I think so too. But I dont think its gonna make waves.

EA already offers a better deal and I think their Origin Premier service isnt doing amazing on the PC. And their catalog for Origin access on the PC is ridiculously good at a fraction of the price of Gamepass.

If my choices Halo MCC + some other games for $10 a month vs 180 games for $30 a year, I know what I am picking. And PC gamers have made their peace with Origin unlike the Windows store.

They will want MSRP for it, $30

Not gonna be many takers. I dont think console only Halo fans understand how little goodwill MS and its store has amongst the PC fanbase.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I played Halo 1 on PC. I found it interesting at first but it got stale after a while.

I would still pick this up at some point.

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a super ignorant post

Solid counter argument.

Going by social media (Reddit, Twitter, etc) nah a lotta people are hyped for this and at $30 people will eat it up.

Nope. Not on that store. Not for that price. Not on the PC.

Not happening.

I dont think you guys quite grasp how little the PC crowd engages with the MS store. Gears of War 4 is on the PC store. As is the latest Forza. The newest entries on their two biggest franchises. Crackdown 3 is there. AFAIK Halo Wars 2 is there as well. No one gives a flying shit.

This site has a VERY heavy console skew and I dont think most people here understand just how little the PC crowd cares about buying from the Windows store. It is delusional to think a 5 year late $30 port of old Halo games will change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.