• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
I would be shocked if there was a shadow drop. They were very conservative about rolling this big update out on Xbox (for good reason) and I would think they would do a slow roll out on PC too to avoid any kind of bad launch.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I would be shocked if there was a shadow drop. They were very conservative about rolling this big update out on Xbox (for good reason) and I would think they would do a slow roll out on PC too to avoid any kind of bad launch.

That in itself is a bad launch though? You want all the streamers etc on it at once, working, with everyone able to hop on themselves.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
That in itself is a bad launch though? You want all the streamers etc on it at once, working, with everyone able to hop on themselves.
There's not much they can do. An instant release is bound have issues, no way to get around that. A gradual release with Windows Insiders getting in first would be the better option for making sure the thing is stable.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Do people truly think the Inside Xbox announcement is for PC? Or could it just be a Reach? (Which would still be great)

Mar 8, 2018
UK
Do people truly think the Inside Xbox announcement is for PC? Or could it just be a Reach? (Which would still be great)
Insider info says an announcement is coming soon, 343 have been teasing PC, MCC is no longer tagged as only for Xbox One on the Microsoft store anymore and this Inside Xbox thing is teasing a big MCC announcement and Windows Updates are coming specifically made for having Xbox One games run on PC. It seems likely but tbh but I just have this gut feeling that it isn't happening, as much as I want it to. So for now I'm just going to hope that it's happening and try not to be too annoyed if it ends up not happening

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Why not throw H5 in there too?

I don't know if I'm remembering wrong but I felt like we had gotten some rumors that at least H5 was being worked on for PC, but this was like a year or two ago and nothing came of it.

I always thought that PC probably wouldn't get MCC due to the amount of work that would be needed, but it would at least get 5 in anticipation for 6.

Either way, I won't get too hyped to set myself up for disappointment, but I'm very curious to see how tomorrow goes.

Mar 8, 2018
UK
someone from 343 would have shot down the rumors by now. so i'd be shocked if it wasn't a pc announcement.
Which they have done quite the opposite of so far lol
18tVflT.png

Mar 8, 2018
UK
I don't know if I'm remembering wrong but I felt like we had gotten some rumors that at least H5 was being worked on for PC, but this was like a year or two ago and nothing came of it.

I always thought that PC probably wouldn't get MCC due to the amount of work that would be needed, but it would at least get 5 in anticipation for 6.

Either way, I won't get too hyped to set myself up for disappointment, but I'm very curious to see how tomorrow goes.

Maybe the Halo 5 rumours stemmed from Halo 5 Forge being released on PC?

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
I can see Halo 5 PC coming fall 2019 or early 2020 since Halo Infinite will release at fall 2020 earliest.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Considering how fast Halo 5 for PC rumors got shot down last year, I'd say it is very likely this is happening.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that's why 343i contacted streamers like Sumit1G and others?

Could have also been for Infinite, but this would also make sense, now that I think about it.

Why not throw H5 in there too?

Honestly, I would give Halo 5 a try again, if it supported Intelligent Delivery (custom installation) like every game in Halo: MCC does.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018

Well they already have H5 forge out on W10 so it doesn't seem too much of a long shot (even though that would need a lot rework). I don't doubt H5 will eventually come to PC. But don't think it will drop with MCC. Which we all know is definitely being announced tomorrow. *gets into fetal position ready for disappointment*

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I just hope if this is not Steam too, they make it available for free for all owners of the game. If it's Win 10 only I doubt people will be so much interested in the game, but at least giving the PC version for free to current owners of the game would show some good will from Microsoft toward PC players at least, since all freebies people got are for One only at the moment.

More important, if the rumor about BC coming to PC is real, MCC could be a good way to show Microsoft is really putting effort into the whole thing.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017

the disaster of the original launch is a worse launch. I would assume a massive project like this is more complicated than shadowdropping something like Apex Legends was - so many more things could go wrong. Microsoft was extra cautious about rolling out to 3 different Xbox models, I don't see them changing it up when launching on a platform with millions of different hardware configurations

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that's why 343i contacted streamers like Sumit1G and others?

Could have also been for Infinite, but this would also make sense, now that I think about it.

Honestly, I would give Halo 5 a try again, if it supported Intelligent Delivery (custom installation) like every game in Halo: MCC does.
Where did you hear the thing about 343 contacting streamers? Did Summit say that on stream or something?

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Summit after that also said he was happy that they reached out. Feels that they want to go the distance on this one and "recognize" PC players.

Mar 8, 2018
UK
While we're on the topic of streamers, could just be coincidence but xQcOW just started the stream with Halo music and has changed his desktop background to a Halo Ring

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
They already said that they will treat Halo: Infinite PC players as "1st class citizens", so this could very well be a test (and learning experience) for it.
Well, the first thing to do would be, letting it be known. Like, they have good ports, for the most part. They just barely mention anything about them. Like, I think Forza Horizon 4 was the first game where they actually talked about it having ultrawide, uncapped framerates, lots of graphics options, the works, before launch, and they still only did it once for news outlets. They didn't do that for Crackdown 3, or most of their early games, they barely acknowledge the Windows versions aside from ending release statements with "...and on Windows 10 PCs". They should be touting their PC support from the damned roofs, like how Sega handles their ports. Put the features in trailers and the store pages, tweet about them, do marketing for the PC version and the Xbox version separately instead of expecting people to associate them together.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Well, the first thing to do would be, letting it be known. Like, they have good ports, for the most part. They just barely mention anything about them. Like, I think Forza Horizon 4 was the first game where they actually talked about it having ultrawide, uncapped framerates, lots of graphics options, the works, before launch, and they still only did it once for news outlets. They didn't do that for Crackdown 3, or most of their early games, they barely acknowledge the Windows versions aside from ending release statements with "...and on Windows 10 PCs". They should be touting their PC support from the damned roofs, like how Sega handles their ports. Put the features in trailers and the store pages, tweet about them, do marketing for the PC version and the Xbox version separately instead of expecting people to associate them together.
Uhh Gears 4

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
Summit after that also said he was happy that they reached out. Feels that they want to go the distance on this one and "recognize" PC players.
Halo coming to PC would be so important to the franchise. There's 3 streamers I know of that would play. Drdisrespect, Ninja, Summit1g. All have halo backgrounds. They need to push this hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.