• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's happening

18tVflT.png

yup, 110% happening, LETS GO!

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Folks really don't care how much unmitigated garbage Steam was for years.

And the amount of garbage it is full of now. discovery is almost as bad on Steam as it is Windows Store just due to the shere overabundance of games

The Windows store is not fit for use. The majority of times I have tried to use it, I have been unable to do so, or the game has not even launched after installing it.

Oh I didn't even say the Windows Store is good lol The Xbox and PC(hardcore) games need to be spun off into its own store/launcher. An Xbox launcher if you will.

You have to use it for the entire duration you are running the game. It doesn't support common statistic programs so seeing your GPU and CPU statistics is a pain. Modding is ridiculously tedious. I haven't had a game install yet where I haven't had to download it several times for it to download fully. Gears 4 took me nearly 500GB worth of redownloading to get it to install properly. It's a joke of a store.

It's definitely not a good store, and Phil Spencer knows that. There are for sure some issues that need to be worked out if they want to be taken more seriously in the PC gaming space and I believe this will be a massive step in doing so. They know the launch needs to be as perfect as can be.

Imagine making a statement like this clearly demonstrating that you don't understand the issues with the Windows Store.

No I'm fully aware of the issues people have with it. But let's not pretend for a damn second you aren't going to be excited when MCC gets announced for PC even though it'll most likely only be through Microsoft's store, be it the Windows Store or a revamp that's been rumored.

Unrelated, but you have probably the best name on this site lmao

Thank you
I don't like the W10 store but fuck it, classic Halo? Shit I'll make it work!

Same. I know the Store itself is super lame but I'll open the bitch in a heartbeat to start that download.
I had zero issues purchasing Forza Horizon 4 on MS Store and playing it. I'll have even less issues doing it with Halo MCC.

But if it appears on Steam, i'll go there of course :P

Yep. Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 4 all downloaded and played flawlessly for me. Steam would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.
I just added money to my Microsoft account balance just in case Reach gets added tomorrow, lol.

I think the PC announcement is more likely, and even a PC shadowdrop (even if it's a beta), for some reason. I really want both that and Reach to happen, but I feel like the most likely thing is just PC stuff. I'm sure Reach is in the works though, since 343i even acknowledged demand for it when they began to work on improving the collection last year.

Still, one can hope it's out tomorrow.

This reminds me of something that happened to me last week. I was in a big mood to play Reach so I traded in some games at GameStop and got the $20 in credit needed to purchase. Welllll it turns out you can't purchase 360 games with Microsoft Credit. So now I just have $20 sitting in my account waiting to be used on something. Hopefully Reach makes the transition to being included in MCC even if it's an extra purchase.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
You have to use it for the entire duration you are running the game. It doesn't support common statistic programs so seeing your GPU and CPU statistics is a pain. Modding is ridiculously tedious. I haven't had a game install yet where I haven't had to download it several times for it to download fully. Gears 4 took me nearly 500GB worth of redownloading to get it to install properly. It's a joke of a store.

You have to see your CPU/GPU statistics while playing a game to enjoy it?

Vakuf

Oct 25, 2017
My body can't handle the hype. Kinda happy it's 5PM EST, come home from work and take in the announcement.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of something that happened to me last week. I was in a big mood to play Reach so I traded in some games at GameStop and got the $20 in credit needed to purchase. Welllll it turns out you can't purchase 360 games with Microsoft Credit. So now I just have $20 sitting in my account waiting to be used on something. Hopefully Reach makes the transition to being included in MCC even if it's an extra purchase.
I've done the same thing before lol. It sucks that it doesn't work, especially since 360 games have been playable on Xbox One for years.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
RTSS supports UWP games now.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
If this is laptop friendly I will be so pumped to play them. Four of the greatest shooters of all time (1-3 and Reach) and Halo 4 together on PC.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And the amount of garbage it is full of now. discovery is almost as bad on Steam as it is Windows Store just due to the shere overabundance of games

Oh I didn't even say the Windows Store is good lol The Xbox and PC(hardcore) games need to be spun off into its own store/launcher. An Xbox launcher if you will.

It's definitely not a good store, and Phil Spencer knows that. There are for sure some issues that need to be worked out if they want to be taken more seriously in the PC gaming space and I believe this will be a massive step in doing so. They know the launch needs to be as perfect as can be.

No I'm fully aware of the issues people have with it. But let's not pretend for a damn second you aren't going to be excited when MCC gets announced for PC even though it'll most likely only be through Microsoft's store, be it the Windows Store or a revamp that's been rumored.

Same. I know the Store itself is super lame but I'll open the bitch in a heartbeat to start that download.

Yep. Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 4 all downloaded and played flawlessly for me. Steam would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Prettty much this. Can't wait to get back into some Halo!

How common? Im not trying to diminish its importance to you, because obviously it is, but I don't think your average, and even above average user, cares.

This is true, for me anyways. I usually just go with the recommended settings then adjust a few upticks to see what I can get away with.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How common? Im not trying to diminish its importance to you, because obviously it is, but I don't think your average, and even above average user, cares.
Any game that isn't running out of the box at 60 I'd imagine nearly everyone who owns a gaming PC would know to get some statistics running to see where the issue may lie.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So since MCC is coming to PC, that means that we'll be able to play modern releases of Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, ODST, Wars, Wars 2, and Spartan Assault on PC. Maybe even Reach. Plus, we'll have Infinite whenever it releases.

What are the odds that we finally get Halo 5 at some point, since it'll be the only numbered game not playable on Windows (aside from the Forge mode)?

Can't wait.
BTW which halo has the best campaign?
I'm pretty fond of Reach. Not sure I can definitively choose any one campaign as my favorite though, they're all really good.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
How does MCC online worked since its all the titles. Is there ranked? If so is it one separate ranked playlist for every game or just one general one

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
How does MCC online worked since its all the titles. Is there ranked? If so is it one separate ranked playlist for every game or just one general one
Ranked and social split by game and there is Match Composer where you pick and choose the games and gametypes you want to play to be put in a general pool where you will only get those. A custom game browser is coming VERY soon too.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
There's quite a few ranked playlist. I want to say 5-7 ranked playlists.Easiest to find a match in halo 3 ranked. The ranking system works like it did in 2/3.

Mar 23, 2018
Yep, all of this teasing and not a single 343 person slowing down the rumor indicates this is an almost safe bet.

I do think it's gonna happen. My question is: when will this be released? A "shock" drop by announcing "it's gonna be available in less than a month" or something similar would really make some waves around and it seems less risky than a shadow drop because, well, this is not gonna be free-to-play like Apex was at launch. I do think they should do an open beta for one of the Halo games' multiplayer before its release, though. I'm sure twitch people will gladly give it a go and perhaps it could stick. I'm excited about this!

Oh yeah! And if Reach also gets added then that's even better!

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Yep, all of this teasing and not a single 343 person slowing down the rumor indicates this is an almost safe bet.

I do think it's gonna happen. My question is: when will this be released? A "shock" drop by announcing "it's gonna be available in less than a month" or something similar would really make some waves around and it seems less risky than a shadow drop because, well, this is not gonna be free like Apex was at launch. I do think they should do a beta for one of the Halo games' multiplayer before its release, though. I'm sure twitch people will gladly give it a go and perhaps it could stick. I'm excited about this!
They would make some real waves if it the game went free to play as well. Halo infinite isn't coming for more than a year. Releasing it free to play, and adding reach could actually make waves.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
So since MCC is coming to PC, that means that we'll be able to play modern releases of Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, ODST, Wars, Wars 2, and Spartan Assault on PC. Maybe even Reach. Plus, we'll have Infinite whenever it releases.

What are the odds that we finally get Halo 5 at some point, since it'll be the only numbered game not playable on Windows (aside from the Forge mode)?

I'm pretty fond of Reach. Not sure I can definitively choose any one campaign as my favorite though, they're all really good.
Halo 5's basically guaranteed. The multiplayer already exists on PC, albeit customs only with an emphasis on Forge, but most of the work is done. Plus, there's a non-zero chance Halo 5 is rolled into MCC eventually, what with the commitment to permanent ongoing support for MCC and features like intelligent delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.