• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
giphy.gif

BQM BlockQuest Maker
Steam
$9.99
iOS (North America only?)
Android​
Create & Play, instant death dungeon RPG! You can make your own gimmick packed dungeon? And you can share it to the world?
BQM is a simple game maker that gives you both chance to play dungeons designed by other users and to create your original, bewildering one!

Is anyone else playing this? It's basically Mario Maker but for tile puzzles. There are already lots of levels, especially if you disable the 'language' restriction on the settings.

There are some pretty amazing levels uploaded, and the game has a good mix of real-time and turn based gameplay.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
Is this the de facto |OT|? I just bought BQM on the Switch and the game looks adorable in an old-school way. So far I've just started working through the tutorial dungeon to learn how the controls and devices work. Haven't tried making my own yet.

I love how the hero hops when you move. So cute.

I look forward to more game builders in the future. RPG Maker MV is coming to Switch sometime in 2019. And maybe we'll also get SmileBASIC (don't know if it's in development or not).

OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
It's great that it has a Switch release!
Is there any set of specific levels intended as a campaign? The PC version can be a bit of a grab bag.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks neat! I can't justify a purchase right now, but it's on my radar.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Never heard of it, but it looks cool. Will have to check this out later. I could really use another Mario Maker-style creation game about now.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Just saw that game, which seems like a RPG ""Mario Maker". Is it good?