• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Earlier this summer, the boxing community was shocked after Andy Ruiz Jr. shocked the world by making Anthony Joshua's team throw in the towel after Ruiz worked Joshua.

And now, the rematch has been set with one big catch.

December 7 in Saudi Arabia.

So yeah...this sucks.
Knock me out and show it on DAZN if old.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched boxing my whole life, my favorite sport after basketball, but my interest for this fight was already low as it is.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Pffft.

This smacks of a fighter not confident of fighting in front of a home crowd, given the pressure that will bring especially if he loses, and wanting a big payday at the same time just in case he does lose and his career momentum stops dead.

Eh.

pgtl_10

Jul 29, 2019
I am not a fan of Saudi policies but it's nice to see boxing try different areas of the globe.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
That seems a weird place but I guess you can't get any more neutral. As for the fight itself, AJ is going to wreck Ruiz. Taking nothing from Ruiz (I like him more than AJ to be honest) but AJ got impatient and overconfident after getting some nice hits and got lit up when he let his guard down. Can't see lightning striking twice.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
There's a proud tradition of selling big fights to corrupt regimes. Didn't hurt the Thrilla in Manilla or the Rumble in the Jungle.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Why not on London or Mexico? It makes no sense to make the fight there

It's about the money, I know u,u
The crazy thing is Ruiz who is champ was pulling for Mexico and was completely shouted down. The other two favourites after Saudi were NYC and Wales, all places Joshua's team chose, just nuts how his team got to dictate all this.
Hopefully he gets knocked the fuck out and his greedy ass can just fuck off.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That seems a weird place but I guess you can't get any more neutral. As for the fight itself, AJ is going to wreck Ruiz. Taking nothing from Ruiz (I like him more than AJ to be honest) but AJ got impatient and overconfident after getting some nice hits and got lit up when he let his guard down. Can't see lightning striking twice.

I think he exposes some serious flaws in the way AJ fights. AJ as a talent has the better physical skills and ceiling as a fighter, but he needs to seriously revamp the way he trains. He completely wastes his supreme physical advantages with the way he fights, and it aint' the first time, it just finally caught up to him. Ruiz is also really, really good. A rematch is not in the bag for AJ by any means.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The crazy thing is Ruiz who is champ was pulling for Mexico and was completely shouted down. The other two favourites after Saudi were NYC and Wales, all places Joshua's team chose, just nuts how his team got to dictate all this.
Hopefully he gets knocked the fuck out and his greedy ass can just fuck off.
THE FUCKING CHAMPION couldn't have sway over the location? Jezzus.

Oct 25, 2017
THE FUCKING CHAMPION couldn't have sway over the location? Jezzus.

Ruiz wouldn't fight in the UK, in an interview he said the rematch would never happen if it took place there, so looks like Matchroom and Joshua chose the highest bidder instead of a legal wrangle as the signed contract for the first fight apparently gave Joshua the final say on the location for the rematch.

aj-may-aug-2019.jpg

Off the juice or is this some Photoshop trickery?