• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I think this was thread-worthy, given that many, including me, were speculating about how this new mode would exactly work.

The section of the game on the Nintendo UK webpage has been updated, and now we have the following information (summed up by Go-Nintendo):

- Bowser has been tainted by a mysterious black goop, which turns him into Fury Bowser.

- The shell that we see Bowser trapped in is called the Fury Sun.

- The Fury Sun will always rise up near the island you're on.

- Weather will change, which indicates how much time you have until the Fury Sun emerges.

- If you've collected five Cat Shines on an island, you can activate the Giga Bell.

- This is what transforms Mario into Giga Cat Mario.

- Defeat Fury Bowser and he'll be sent flying back into the water, which unlocks new islands for you to explore.

I guess that if Bowser gets furious and you haven´t collected the five Cat Shines of that island yet, you will have to dodge his attacks and face the music, till he calms down.

Sounds interesting. Doesn´t it?

ve61xtnxhkb61.jpg

zpj57d3xhkb61.jpg

Sauce: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ni...orld-Bowser-s-Fury-1832228.html#Bowser_s_Fury

Last edited:

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I think this was thread-worthy, given that many, including me, were speculating about how this new mode would exactly work.

The section of the game on the Nintendo UK webpage has been updated, and now we have the following information:

I guess that if Bowsers gets furious and you haven´t collected the five Cat Shines of that island yet, you will have to dodge his attacks and face the music, till he calms down.

ve61xtnxhkb61.jpg

zpj57d3xhkb61.jpg

Via: https://gonintendo.com/stories/3754...-shared-on-the-bowser-s-fury-mode-in-super-ma

Source: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ni...orld-Bowser-s-Fury-1832228.html#Bowser_s_Fury

vNOAMKK.png

XWWnpBB.png

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering whether the battle was a one-time thing. Maybe the finale will give SSJ3 Mario.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I was wondering whether the battle was a one-time thing. Maybe the finale will give SSJ3 Mario.
Nah, go even further beyond....
  • Round 1: Super Saiyan
  • Round 2: Super Saiyan 2
  • Round 3: Super Saiyan 3
  • Round 4: Super Saiyan God
  • Round 5: Super Saiyan Blue
  • Round 6: Ultra Instinct Sign
  • Round 7: Mastered Ultra Instinct

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019

The section of the game on the Nintendo UK webpage has been updated, and now we have the following information (summed up by Go-Nintendo):

I guess that if Bowser gets furious and you haven´t collected the five Cat Shines of that island yet, you will have to dodge his attacks and face the music, till he calms down.

ve61xtnxhkb61.jpg

zpj57d3xhkb61.jpg

Sauce: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ni...orld-Bowser-s-Fury-1832228.html#Bowser_s_Fury
The text implies more than 5 cat shines exiat?

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This looks visually incredible and potentially fun as hell, but I can't get over how much of an incongruous mashup of Mario stuff this is. It's like William S. Burroughs cut-ups level.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds interesting, but hopefully doesn't get annoying. Hope the bowser fight is good since it seems like it'll happen a lot.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, me and about 97 percent of the Earth don't have a WiiU (easy there), and honestly, I'm treating this 3D World re-release as some new Mario game which alone justifies its 60 dollar price in my eyes.

So this seems like an icing on the cake weird thing I'm willing to try.

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Regardless of whether the Bowser mechanic turns out annoying or not, I appreciate Nintendo trying something different with this mode.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I don't really understand "what" this is still. Or I guess "why" this is? Like, fundamentally I get what's going on, but this is such a strange expansion in general, and stranger still is what it's an expansion to. This doesn't really "feel" very much like 3D World at all, outside of Cat Mario being so heavily focused upon, and yet Cat Mario itself seems like an arbitrary focus for this expansion.

To be clear, I'm not shitting on this, and it looks great, I just don't "get" it.

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I don't really understand "what" this is still. Or I guess "why" this is? Like, fundamentally I get what's going on, but this is such a strange expansion in general, and stranger still is what it's an expansion to. This doesn't really "feel" very much like 3D World at all, outside of Cat Mario being so heavily focused upon, and yet Cat Mario itself seems like an arbitrary focus for this expansion.

To be clear, I'm not shitting on this, and it looks great, I just don't "get" it.
I kind of feel the same. It feels more like an Odyssey experiment or expansion than a natural extension of 3D World.

Pido

Oct 30, 2017

It's to give relevance and appeal to a port of an old game with something new and exciting.
It's open instead of level structured because Odyssey sold a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I kind of feel the same. It feels more like an Odyssey experiment or expansion than a natural extension of 3D World.
The best I can come up with is that it was conceived and possibly even went through pre-production as Odyssey DLC before the project got moved to 3D World to help drive sales of the port, which seems plausible, but I dunno. I'd be really curious to hear more about the development of this, but with Nintendo we may never learn more.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
It's to give relevance and appeal to a port of an old game with something new and exciting.
It's open instead of level structured because Odyssey sold a lot.
I mean, I obviously understand point 1 and point 2 tracks well enough, but it still seems like an over-simplification. "it's inspired by Odyssey because it sold well" seems like very much only half a picture, as even within the context of Odyssey it's still highly experimental and pretty fundamentally different than that game outside of being "open". To be honest, it seems highly distinct from both games, despite almost arbitrarily combining elements of both as wel.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best I can come up with is that it was conceived and possibly even went through pre-production as Odyssey DLC before the project got moved to 3D World to help drive sales of the port, which seems plausible, but I dunno. I'd be really curious to hear more about the development of this, but with Nintendo we may never learn more.
This has a lot of 3D World's assets, so why the game design resembles Odyssey, it looks like it was made specifically to expand 3D World