• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schnitzelfee

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
GT cards are actually great for media living room PCs/non gaming PCs, this might be a nice upgrade for the GT710 I have in my secondary workhorse PC right now.
these are not meant to be for gaming, just everyday graphics acceleration like for videos, encoding/decoding, UI, Web and windows stuff, and to connect more monitors to work PCs and so on.

Last edited:

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
How much of an uplift do these provide over the integrated graphics of recent Intel CPUs and AMD APUs?

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
finally a GPU i can realistically afford and actually buy

Piggsy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do you think this will perform similar to a GTX 750? If so, I could totally see myself getting one for my HTPC.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, my GT 1030 was pretty good for 720p gaming. 480p gamers rejoice!

Oct 30, 2017
LowSpecGamer salivating over a new toy.

I might end up picking up one of these myself, as a Ryzen owner with no backup GPU right now, at like 50 bucks or so this would be a good "waiting on RMA" card.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Would a card like this work for game streaming, or is it too low-end? So if I were to build a HTPC and maybe want to put Moonlight on it to stream games from my legit PC, would I have issues?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
LowSpecGamer salivating over a new toy.

I might end up picking up one of these myself, as a Ryzen owner with no backup GPU right now, at like 50 bucks or so this would be a good "waiting on RMA" card.

Yeah, I think I may do the same. I'm pretty sure I'll have to hold my current GPU for a good while until stock gets better before upgrading, but if it dies, yikes. Rather have something like this as backup.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I just want play Melty Blood (and some old fighting games) and Nihon Falcom games I could be good with this? I'm half joking here, because my shitty tablet laptop GPU can already do this but I want build a proper rig.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Would a card like this work for game streaming, or is it too low-end? So if I were to build a HTPC and maybe want to put Moonlight on it to stream games from my legit PC, would I have issues?
No reason why it wouldn't, but if you're building an HTPC, it'd probably be cheaper and more efficient just to get a processor with a good integrated graphics.

To anyone else asking for recommendations for this card, if your use case isn't one of these two things, don't bother.

A: you want a cheap way to connect additional monitors to your current setup

B: you are using an older machine (think DDR3, yes that old) and don't already have a dedicated graphics card AND you specifically need something to accelerate 4k video decoding or play simple modern indie games.

For any other reason, there are better and more cost effective solutions. This is a very niche product.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
No reason why it wouldn't, but if you're building an HTPC, it'd probably be cheaper and more efficient just to get a processor with a good integrated graphics.
That's a good idea too. I'm more thinking I have an old computer laying around - this could maybe be what I need to make it a Moonlight/HTPC.
Would be great if there was a low-profile model. I could build it all into a nice little wooden box.

Oct 25, 2017
These kind of GPU are aimed at those office Desktops, where connections and media capabilities are important. It lets the company upgrade the Desktop capability without replacing it. It doesn't make much sense to the mainstream public