• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The UHD blu-ray popped up on Wario64's twitter timeline during BF weekend which is odd since I rarely see movies pop up on his timeline. I ended up buying it and that was only because of the comments in the post. Judging by the comments the movie seems pretty intense and people were saying it's one of those movies you only see once. If that's the case should I expect another Grave of the Fireflies?

The movie came in today so I'll be seeing it later this afternoon. Will be sure to update y'all once I see it.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
One of the most impactful and memorable mainstream debuts from a director of all time

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
The UHD blu-ray popped up on Wario64's twitter timeline during BF weekend which is odd since I rarely see movies pop up on his timeline. I ended up buying it and that was only because of the comments in the post. Judging by the comments the movie seems pretty intense and people were saying it's one of those movies you only see once. If that's the case should I expect another Grave of the Fireflies?

The movie came in today so I'll be seeing it later this afternoon. Will be sure to update y'all once I see it.

I know people who regularly watch graphic horror movies that say that this movie fucked them up more than anything else they ever watched.

Which is why I've never watched it myself.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
One of the most impactful and memorable mainstream debuts from a director of all time
I would say Pi was his debut. I was certainly seeing it based on how good Pi was.

OP - It is a really intense movie. Put your phone away and watch the movie without distractions. It is an experience.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If nothing else you're going to cry your eyes out over Ellen Burstyn's character. What a fucking tragedy.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Requiem is not a movie you buy. One viewing will tide you over for the next 20+ years.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Great soundtrack by Clint Mansell. He also scored The Fountain, Moon, and many many others.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing. Ignore the thread if you haven't already and just go in blind. Give it your full attention, and enjoy.

Y'all posting stuff about the movie, however vague, suck.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
That he knows it's pretty, baby, but he didn't take it out for air.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
A movie that dives into the perils of addiction, in many forms, and the lengths people will go and suffer as a result.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
I'll never forget my first viewing. I've gone back many more times, though, because that movie is just fucking beautiful.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
misery-misery-misery.jpg

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
It's like having sex while camping: Intense

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
It's the greatest movie that I have ever seen that I never want to watch again.

Once is enough and I have it seared into my memory.

Berserkr

Jul 14, 2020
Only City of God and Submarino has given me a similar feeling of dread as this one. It is a spectacular movie - Depressing and sad.